• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Same sex marriage vote in Australia.

A non-binding, non-compulsory, postal, survey vote.
Meh.

How does homosexual couples impact your quality of life? Are you unable to find a woman because of them? Are you unable to have a child because gays can marry? If those were the cases, it's not gay marriage that's causing your problems. Homosexuality is not a disorder, and no medical professional recognize it as so. It is a consensual relationship between two or more adults.

Marriage and common law partnership are institutions provided by the government, and denying gays access to them are in violation of their equality rights. It's not up to you to dictate what is healthy and what is not. The fact that you want to deny the same right to homosexuals is very unhealthy in a free and democratic society. I'm sorry that homosexuals being allowed equal rights bothers you, but tough shit. Your morality stops where others' right begins.

Smh...

How does homosexual couples impact your quality of life? Are you unable to find a woman because of them? Are you unable to have a child because gays can marry? If those were the cases, it's not gay marriage that's causing your problems.

Cool! You can say same thing about pedophilia, bestiality, incest, polygamy....

Laws are not simply made based on if it directly impacts your life personally. It has also to do what type of society you want to live in n what’s appropriate. 2 adults having sex in the middle of the busy intersection doesn’t really impact your life, but you probably don’t wanna see it.

Homosexuality is not a disorder, and no medical professional recognize it as so. It is a consensual relationship between two or more adults.

Again you should go back to your biology lessons n go over sexual reproduction part.

Humans like most other animals have 2 sexes that complement each other: male n female. Males have sexual organs that go into female sexual organs. Male produces reproductive cells that go with female reproductive cells. those are called gametes, which literally means to marry.

What you’re doing is going against biology n common sense to promote a lifestyle.

Marriage and common law partnership are institutions provided by the government, and denying gays access to them are in violation of their equality rights

How are gays denied access to them? They can marry who ever they want, as long as it opposite sex.

It's not up to you to dictate what is healthy and what is not. The fact that you want to deny the same right to homosexuals is very unhealthy in a free and democratic society. I'm sorry that homosexuals being allowed equal rights bothers you, but tough shit. Your morality stops where others' right begins.

Yup, what’s healthy n what’s not is determined by biology. You can start stuffing food up your ass n try to defecate outta your mouth all you want n pretend it’s perfectly “normal”, but unfortunately that’s not how it works.

Homosexuality is a disorder/deviance from biological point of view. So it’s funny you talk about what’s “unhealthy in free n democratic society”. Promoting that type of lifestyle looks pretty unhealthy

You don't really have an argument there. Biological conditions you are born with should have zero impact on what social rights one has. Marriage is not a biological phenomenon and should have zero biological implications.

Also, what is all this "normal" talk? Are you saying we should deny equal rights based on biology and what we perceive as "normal"?

Should people with allergies or lactose intolerance be denied the same rights?

You literally don't have even a first draft of a cohesive argument

What?!?

Literally everything you wrote, the opposite is true...

Marriage itself is based on the biological reality of having 2 opposite sexes n them reproducing. It was like that since... forever. Just cause you’re confused about the difference between a male n a female n about the nature of the man doesn’t change any of that.

N it’s funny you bring up biological conditions n rights n ask if one impacts the other...

All the time

If someone likes to jerk off in public, I’m sure his “right” won’t be respected.

Someone with visual impairment won’t be allow to drive a car, sorry.

But that’s not even a issue here, cause gays were never prevent from marriage. They could marry who ever they want as long as it’s oposite sex

Humans like most other animals have 2 sexes that complement each other: male n female. Males have sexual organs that go into female sexual organs. Male produces reproductive cells that go with female reproductive cells. those are called gametes, which literally means to marry.

What you’re doing is going against biology n common sense to promote a lifestyle.

I never grasped the relevance of this old argument as it applies to gay marriage. Obviously, gays can not reproduce physiologically. So? Many married couples or individuals with certain conditions are unable to procreate. We don’t deny them the ability to marry a consenting adult of their choice. Reproduction isn’t a requisite for marriage.

I also never understood how allowing gay marriage is “promotion,” as if the government is running an ad campaign encouraging people to get a gay marriage. There’s a difference between allowance and promotion. Gay marriages receive no more benefit than straight, how is it promotion?

Denying gays the right to marry isn’t going to make them heterosexual. Giving them the right to marry isn’t going to make more people gay. I don’t see the declinist point of view. The issue has been more or less agreed upon in Western society, a minority of folks like grimballer dissenting. We can have the same old arguments on the Internet, but the issue is decided.

Less gay sex happening now that they can get married. Get married, start tucking money away for a divorce lawyer

Canada did the same thing about 15 years ago and absolutely nothing changed except gay people can get married. Things did not get worse and things did not get better because gay marriage was legalized. It is what it is.
Pretty certain for gay people, things got a lot better.

They'll come after your kids next. Transgenderism is the wedge that they will use to sexualize children.

Just look at the backlash Putin got from keeping that stuff away from Kindergarten. He faced a campaign of defamation for being homophobic.

I never grasped the relevance of this old argument as it applies to gay marriage. Obviously, gays can not reproduce physiologically. So? Many married couples or individuals with certain conditions are unable to procreate. We don’t deny them the ability to marry a consenting adult of their choice. Reproduction isn’t a requisite for marriage.

Yeah you can’t grasp the relevance of common sense. It sees to be the thing nowadays.

You’re comparing certain ppl with physical conditions to ppl with inability to figure out what to do with their reproductive organs n end up sticking it everywhere except where it should go.

Some ppl have genetic disorders/diseases n are not prevented from marrying n having kids, so following your logic incest n marriage between family members should be k?

I also never understood how allowing gay marriage is “promotion,” as if the government is running an ad campaign encouraging people to get a gay marriage. There’s a difference between allowance and promotion. Gay marriages receive no more benefit than straight, how is it promotion?

K... they’re endorsing it, better?

Denying gays the right to marry isn’t going to make them heterosexual. Giving them the right to marry isn’t going to make more people gay. I don’t see the declinist point of view. The issue has been more or less agreed upon in Western society, a minority of folks like grimballer dissenting. We can have the same old arguments on the Internet, but the issue is decided.

It’s pretty much encouraging ppl with gay tendencies to go towards that route n that lifestyle.

Without government sanctioning it those with gay tendencies would either get married to opposite sex or live a bachelors. Now their disorderly tendencies are legitimized by the government.

N lol at bringing up western society.

Western society has been on autopilot nosedive for few decades now.

While they’re promoting all trans this n same sex that nonsense, their populations are in steady decline n they need to bring in ppl from 3rd word that share non of their values.

It’s gonna be funny to see how these two will coexist once those from 3rd world become significant in numbers

I voted yes in my state. I'm sure parliament will find a way to fuck it up writing it into law. I don't trust them, it leans very conservative.

As opposed to the good old days?

Historically in England the average age of first marriage was about 21 for both men and women. The law said age of consent was like 12 or something but in practice this was generally used so that aristocrats could legally arrange marriages at that age.

Just look at the backlash Putin got from keeping that stuff away from Kindergarten. He faced a campaign of defamation for being homophobic.

I've gotten carded for mentioning the very strong link between homosexuality and pedophilia before, do your own research, its all true.

I've gotten carded for mentioning the very strong link between homosexuality and pedophilia before, do your own research, its all true.

I've studied it back when I was taking criminology in college. Most instances of pedophelia are male on male it's a proven fact.

There is definitely a bigger link between mental illness and homnosexuality than hetero, much like transgendered.

I don't get why you'd be carded for that, it's not an opinion it's a fact.

What?!?

Literally everything you wrote, the opposite is true...

Marriage itself is based on the biological reality of having 2 opposite sexes n them reproducing. It was like that since... forever. Just cause you’re confused about the difference between a male n a female n about the nature of the man doesn’t change any of that.

N it’s funny you bring up biological conditions n rights n ask if one impacts the other...

All the time

If someone likes to jerk off in public, I’m sure his “right” won’t be respected.

Someone with visual impairment won’t be allow to drive a car, sorry.

But that’s not even a issue here, cause gays were never prevent from marriage. They could marry who ever they want as long as it’s oposite sex

Ummm... What? Your entire posts reads like ramblings of a retarded 12 year old..

"Just cause ur r confused abut diffewence between male and female rofl lol lol I'm a wetard"

What the fuck are you even on about?

Marriage is not based on having two opposite genders. Marriage is a social construct with no basis in biology.

Where are you pulling this definition of marriage being only between a male and female from?

"Someone with a visual impairment won't be able to drive a car" - umm.. ok? How exactly does being gay physically prevent someone from getting married?

You literally have no idea what your argument even is. Your brain is like a tornado of unfinished thoughts and sentences

Last edited:
I voted no. I just think we are putting to much focus on gender issues.

Our kids are falling behind in maths and science because people are concerned with genitals and ethnicity. It's ridiculous.

Why is our nation promoting same sex marriage when we have declining birth rates??

If you want to be gay, then be gay, I couldn't give a rats ass. but ffs, why do we need to promote it? It's the last thing we should be doing..
Not letting them have basic human rights to get married causes more harm than good.

It shouldnt even be an issue, yet people stir it up and waste more time...something you say you are against.

gays are going to regret pushing for marriage.

pretty much all my gay friends live very crazy lifestyles with a lot of fucking around and partying. just wait until they start getting married, divorced, etc.

Ummm... What? Your entire posts reads like ramblings of a retarded 12 year old..

"Just cause ur r confused abut diffewence between male and female rofl lol lol I'm a wetard"

What the fuck are you even on about?

Marriage is not based on having two opposite genders. Marriage is a social construct with no basis in biology.

Where are you pulling this definition of marriage being only between a male and female from?

"Someone with a visual impairment won't be able to drive a car" - umm.. ok? How exactly does being gay physically prevent someone from getting married?

You literally have no idea what your argument even is. Your brain is like a tornado of unfinished thoughts and sentences

That’s what happens when you’re dealing with idiots with intelligence of a 3 year old that have trouble with basic common sense

Marriage is between a man n a woman. It is a ceremony celebrating the union between a man n a woman n them eventually producing a child

Ssm is an oxymoron

What are you celebrating when ppl of same sex get together? Their sexual confusion? A guy putting his penis everywhere expect where it was intended to go?

Hell is the place where there’s no more reason

You n other idiots like you are at that place

Low birth rates are good for the planet, maybe you should follow suit

The problem is Indians, sub Saharan Africans and Muslims are having 6 per family. Like locusts they will inherit the earth. It's too late for us. Our small minds are too obsessed with gays and other frivolity while extinction is around the corner.

Finally it's over, the results were announced today.
61% for same sex marriage.
39% against.

Most of the 'yes' people assumed they'd get at least 70% leading up to today. Thats around 5 million on the 'no' side, quite a lot of people.

I've always been for gay rights but i ended up voting no! Of course i knew the 'yes' campaign would win but i changed from yes to no.
The reason was because of the left. They intimidated, bullied, and even assaulted many people who said they'd vote 'no.' When this happened the media said little about it too.
Even businesses were threatened in some cases.
Even tho' i knew my protest vote wouldn't change things it made me feel good. I'm for same sex marriage and i knew it would get thru'.
A lot of people just got sick of the bullying.

Now some people are saying that this will open up society to many problems, things that have happened in many places that have gay marriage already.
They are sure, and i agree, that in the near future muslims will now demand that polygamy be lawful.
Already there are some schools teaching very young kiddies that homosexuality is fine and so is transgender, etc. They believe it will become nationwide in the future.
I have no problem with this other than the ages of the kids[6, 7, 8] that all this is being taught to. It's just far too young imo.

It still hasn't been decided by politicians who will be exempt when it comes to people NOT wanting to provide a service supporting gay marriage. Bakers, florists, etc.
Currently in Tasmania there are 3 clergymen being taken to court for stating they are against gay marriage and not wanting to be part of a ceremony. I bet if a muslim cleric refuses that will be kept quiet.
Although i am an atheist i have no qualms about a Christian saying no to gay marriage and refusing services. They would be a hypocrite if they said yes to it. People should expect them to be for gay marriage.

Personally I have no problem with homosexuality, it's always been in society and always will be, and gays should have the same rights as everyone else.
Dumb reason to vote no

Good to see Oz do the right thing though

Back