• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Same sex marriage vote in Australia.

Voting against what you believe in because someone was mean, lol. Why not abstain? TS, you are a good argument against Democracy.

Good. Now they can get married:

MenacingSomberBird-small.gif

OP has a point. Everyone is too afraid to say no because they saw what happened to the victims who said no. Those who said no had their image tarnished, it's too risky. Almost every politicians and all former PM's who were openly against it were defamed by the media non-stop. Business shops were VANDALIZED because of their "no campaign" posters shown on their windows. Business owners were attacked for telling people not to be afraid and it's ok to vote no.

Whereas, the "yes campaign" posters and LGBTBBQ+ flags were literally plastered all over the city, illegally sticking it on shop windows and aggressively shoving "yes campaign" protest, commercials and daily junk mails non-stop in our face. All Melbourners will understand.

Since when it's okay to openly assault people for expressing their opinion? Not to mention, they all got away with it while those who were against didn't.

Glad this shit is over so they can shut the fuck up.

Last edited:
OP has a point. Everyone is too afraid to say no because they saw what happened to the victims who said no. Those who said no had their image tarnished, it's too risky. Almost every politicians and all former PM's who were openly against it were defamed by the media non-stop. Business shops were VANDALIZED because of their "no campaign" posters shown on their windows. Business owners were attacked for telling people not to be afraid and it's ok to vote no.

Whereas, the "yes campaign" posters and LGBTBBQ+ flags were literally plastered all over the city, illegally sticking it on shop windows and aggressively shoving "yes campaign" protest, commercials and daily junk mails non-stop in our face. All Melbourners will understand.

Can you actually believe it? Since when it's okay to openly assault people for expressing their opinion? Not to mention, they all got away with it while those who were against didn't.

Glad this shit is over so they can shut the fuck up.

The cultural pressures have reversed and with them the violent emboldening of those with the wind at their backs.

It's like the American South in the early 1960's. If you had pro-desegregation signs up, you were attacked and your signs defaced. But no one dared attack those with the pro-segregation signs.

Violence and intimidation is not a matter of left or right, conservative or liberal. It's just a matter of human nature and the given numbers in a given place and time.

Good on Australia for voting yes and good on their government for opening it up to public decision and not have the courts decide it.

I voted no. I just think we are putting to much focus on gender issues.

Our kids are falling behind in maths and science because people are concerned with genitals and ethnicity. It's ridiculous.

Why is our nation promoting same sex marriage when we have declining birth rates??

If you want to be gay, then be gay, I couldn't give a rats ass. but ffs, why do we need to promote it? It's the last thing we should be doing..
it's always funny to read some of those mental gymnastics.
"I voted 'no' for gay marriage, cause my kids suck at math. but I have no problem with gay people whatsoever" <45>

and how is it promoting being gay by giving them the same rights as straight people?

They'll come after your kids next. Transgenderism is the wedge that they will use to sexualize children.

It is all quite interesting when people who choose to be single get fucked over by another bunch of self righteous Muppets.

What's next. My dog gets govt benefits because I love him. Hmmmm woofy

It's a horrible idea to put things like that, Brexit, etc. up for vote. Sometimes the right thing to do won't get over 50% and many people have no fucking clue what the issues are.

And the TS voted against what he knew was the right thing because he didn't like how some proponents of SSM acted. I mean, that's fucking dumb.

Canada did the same thing about 15 years ago and absolutely nothing changed except gay people can get married. Things did not get worse and things did not get better because gay marriage was legalized. It is what it is.

Australia, you just opened Pandora's box! You should not have done this.

Australia, this is what's coming:

gaymidwestparadejpg_zpse239f00e.jpg

Next thing you know, the tranny's will be coming to read to your kindergarten class.

Australia, this is what's coming:

gaymidwestparadejpg_zpse239f00e.jpg

Next thing you know, the tranny's will be coming to read to your kindergarten class.

There is a sign in the background that says, "Drill Ass, Not Gas." <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Would be a no for me. I don't specifically care whether gays get married, though I don't quite see the societal benefit in the gov't sanctioning it, but we know how quickly it turns into promotion of gay and transgender children, and now it's apparently ok to pump young children with hormones and sterilize them before they're old enough to make any decisions of their own.

Would be a no for me. I don't specifically care whether gays get married, though I don't quite see the societal benefit in the gov't sanctioning it, but we know how quickly it turns into promotion of gay and transgender children, and now it's apparently ok to pump young children with hormones and sterilize them before they're old enough to make any decisions of their own.

Sweden is in a terrible place at the moment when it comes to Tranny-Mania. Though, things will probably change once Sweden becomes an Islamic nation in a few years.

This is one of the most disturbing videos I have ever seen:

<{clintugh}>

It's a horrible idea to put things like that, Brexit, etc. up for vote. Sometimes the right thing to do won't get over 50% and many people have no fucking clue what the issues are.

And the TS voted against what he knew was the right thing because he didn't like how some proponents of SSM acted. I mean, that's fucking dumb.

So if a conservative court shut down ssm -- but 50+ percent of the nation was in favor of it, you wouldn't demand a public referendum?

Thought you were pro democracy?

So if a conservative court shut down ssm -- but 50+ percent of the nation was in favor of it, you wouldn't demand a public referendum?

Thought you were pro democracy?
I think a representative democracy is the best system (and our founding fathers agreed and it's worked out well). The people as a whole very often are not well informed on issues, particularly complicated ones. For example, if we put tax rates up for public vote we can end up with zero tax and no government. Oops! We could still have legal slavery, etc.. Extreme examples but I think you get the point.

And of course that democracy should represent the will of the people but I would hope that when the will of the people is immoral or wrong, or as it pertains to doing the right thing, leaders will know better. As we see with current GOP leadership that is not always the case and there are downsides, but the upsides far outweigh the bad.

As for that specific example it is clear to me that legalized SSM is easily the right thing to do, so denying that doesn't have anything to do with public opinion. I would say that court made the wrong decision.

And of course we should be thinking about consequences of doing unpopular, but right things and price that in and it's not always black and white.

I think a representative democracy is the best system (and our founding fathers agreed and it's worked out well). The people as a whole very often are not well informed on issues, particularly complicated ones. For example, if we put tax rates up for public vote we can end up with zero tax and no government. Oops! We could still have legal slavery, etc.. Extreme examples but I think you get the point.

And of course that democracy should represent the will of the people but I would hope that when the will of the people is immoral or wrong, or as it pertains to doing the right thing, leaders will know better. As we see with current GOP leadership that is not always the case and there are downsides, but the upsides far outweigh the bad.

As for that specific example it is clear to me that legalized SSM is easily the right thing to do, so denying that doesn't have anything to do with public opinion. I would say that court made the wrong decision.

And of course we should be thinking about consequences of doing unpopular, but right things and price that in and it's not always black and white.

I agree representation for complex issues is a better (at times) option. But, governing a base, country or state is pretty complex -- so why do we let people vote on that, but not ssm, which is a simpler concept?

And first and foremost, a representative should vote for the will of his / her constituency -- not for what they personally view as right or wrong.

In terms of legalized pot, ssm, and other societal aspects, people should vote on the society they want to live in with a majority rule and not let appointed entities decide for them.

If people can be entrusted to elect representatives, they should also be entrusted to vote on certain issues directly. Doesn't take a vanguard to have an opinion on gay marriage

Back