Opinion Safety Culture(Guns, vaping, pitbulls, and more)

Sure. People are stupid, but individuals quite often are not, and those people you want to make laws to protect individuals from themselves are seldom more capable of governing themselves than the average Joe. Nevermind they're more likely to act out of ulterior motives than us plebs.
Maybe so, but you and I both agree that we should be required by law to wear a seatbelt while driving, right?

Maybe so, but you and I both agree that we should be required by law to wear a seatbelt while driving, right?
Sure. Why not also create a law requiring everyone brush their teeth? We are too stupid to do it on our own obviously.

Nope. I also don't agree with helmet laws even if I never rode without one. I usually make smart decisions when it comes to safety, but am also a grown ass man who shouldn't get a ticket for backing out my driveway without being buckled in.

Edit: I'm backing out of this conversation as it's starting to feel like we're ganging up on you. Cheers.

Sure. Why not also create a law requiring everyone brush their teeth? We are too stupid to do it on our own obviously.
We’re getting a little slippery slope here, but potentially life endangering behavior should be regulated by government, just a matter of how much.

Nope. I also don't agree with helmet laws even if I never rode without one. I usually make smart decisions when it comes to safety, but am also a grown ass man who shouldn't get a ticket for backing out my driveway without being buckled in.

Edit: I'm backing out of this conversation as it's starting to feel like we're ganging up on you. Cheers.
Ha, all good. No feelings hurt. Cheers.

Well man I have learned something from you and other posters these last few weeks. Many people called you a radical and I overlooked it, many people said you were just a step of so away from losing it and I defended you. I even tried to understand your desire to burn the whole political system down if we did not get a progressive in office.

I was wrong and have gained some respect for certain posters here who could see where you were headed long before I could.

Your fall has been very sad to see. You are driven by emotion. I hope you can come to see that you are not that important and that while you have every right to an opinion, being angry and hateful as you have slowly become is not going to give you a good life.

Edit-- I don't even disagree with all of your positions. I disagree with the pitbull thing as I think it is criminal to have a dog that you cannot control and that can harm others. If you want to harm yourself that is on you but no one has the right to harm others.

Your a fear mongering, spineless, sniveling weasel, who hides behind safety to live out your Nazi-fascist fantasies.

You are soft, and a sock puppet.

You probably kick pitbull puppies too.

Your a fear mongering, spineless, sniveling weasel, who hides behind safety to live out your Nazi-fascist fantasies.

You are soft, and a sock puppet.

You probably kick pitbull puppies too.

Wow. That response really causes me to rethink my position.

They should probably make it illegal for kids to vape then.......oh wait.
So you don't think kids get vapes and that the bubble gum flavors and cute pretty packaging is aimed at them? And is that ok?
I'm usually libertarian on this front but don't fuck with kids . it's a tough enough drug for an adult to control why allow big manufacturers to target kids?

Why?

Hitler was just trying to keep the German people safe from the Jew.
This would get you banned if you said this about any other group. You are piece of shit anyways so not surprised.

ha, I just have a tendency to believe that the average person needs some bumpers in their bowling lane in their day to day. The world is a complicated place and we often lack the relevant information for good decision making.

LOL @ trying to equate government and "good decision making."

<{Heymansnicker}>

So you don't think kids get vapes and that the bubble gum flavors and cute pretty packaging is aimed at them? And is that ok?
I'm usually libertarian on this front but don't fuck with kids . it's a tough enough drug for an adult to control why allow big manufacturers to target kids?
Be a better parent. Why do you want the serial killing government raising your kids? Get a grip.

meanwhile candy and fastfood that is made JUST for kids is probably even more toxic than the vape pens. how many kids get obesity and diabetes ? compare that with child vape pen casualties...

But the gov’t would never ban sugar and processed food! then people would be too healthy and the healthcare industry would tank, not to mention all the candy/junkfood makers... why is it ok for them to be in business but not the flavored vape makers?

i agree the govt should just stay out of this nanny stuff altogether. Its all too arbitrary.

We used to ride on the sidewalls of trucks down the freeway doing god knows how fast back in the day. No helmet laws, no seat belt laws, nobody really thought about how dangerous it was. It was fun.

Yep the time of natural selection truly must have been something.

The US I don't want to say has a reputation but underage drinking deaths were a "thing" when I was in high school/you always seemed to hear about kids ending up at the hospital with alcohol poisoning.

France/Germany where kids start drinking at like 12 in the home and shit? I can't seem to remember hearing about the booze problems as much (unless it's just not publicized).

Frankly, if kids WANT nicotine they're going to get it and I rather they end up with stuff from like reputable companies in the vape world instead of black market vapes or like Camel Crush cigarettes or like Grizzly chew.

That's the issue with advertising. It creates demand.

We were a lot freer back then. Nobody was looking to get outraged (pretty much the opposite, really), people more or less minded there own business and we weren't constantly being browbeaten into submission by "social justice" bullshit. Entertainment was just that; entertainment. We all did outdoors activities (no PC's, and only like 5-10 channels on the tube, depending on where you lived). No cell phones, no Big Brother watching and listening to every thing you do and say. No weekly mass shootings. Chicks didn't shave their snatch down to pre pube baldness, either, a trend that should just go away.
:)

I lived in the tail end of those times but as a kid and I am grateful for that because I had a great childhood for a while even amidst some truly messed up stuff. But I wish I could have lived them as an adult.

This would get you banned if you said this about any other group. You are piece of shit anyways so not surprised.

Sensitive little girl, did my words hurt you?

The sad part is that you are too dumb to see that I am right. That Hitler was a fear mongering piece of shit like you.

So because they made flavors that adults would like, that also appeal to kids, they are targeting children?

Sounds pretty thin.

No I chew Redman like a real country boy, but thanks for playing.

But let's just say I did have a vape habit, just for the sake of debate. Doesn't that just lend credence to my logic? After all, I would be consenting to the risk at hand and am fully aware of it as a sentient, free individual. My actions would be showing exactly that I don't want the government to overreach on decisions I make for myself.

Maybe you need a government issued football helmet, just in case you trip walking down the street. Can't ever be too safe, after all! Will you sign my petition for mandatory football helmets to be worn at all times? Don't you care about the children? Why do you want children to fall and die?

Mmmmmmm, Redman.... tastes like fucking raisins I hate it because it legit tastes good and I end up getting sick from putting so much in my lip.
I'm exploring chewing tobacco for hunting seasons, so that deer don't get spooked by giant vape clouds, but so far, I've found that Redman tastes like shit after like 5 minutes and Copenhagen, even long cut, is a gigantic pain-in-the-ass because it gets everywhere and I have to rinse for like 5 minutes afterward.

Back