Opinion Safety Culture(Guns, vaping, pitbulls, and more)

That’s nonsense: Dumb motherfuckers shouldn’t be free to not vaccinate their kids and threaten the public. It’s not tyranny.

You're intentionally conflating failing a responsibility that affects others directly (vaccination/herd immunity) with free choice to the self where only the self is at risk (vape consumption). These aren't alike at all and the fact that you had to go to such a bifurcating hot-potato extreme indicates that you aren't able to rationalize this.

Endangering others via complacency or negligence is a completely different discussion than protecting individuals from themselves.

I didn't even see this when I started typing but this is correct.

I take it you think heroine should also be legal?

OH MAN, well now that it's LEGAL I GUESS I BETTER TRY IT! I have no personal autonomy at all! Man, good thing it's legal and now no personal responsibility comes on me for this thing that any moron with common sense knows is bad for me! WELL HERE I GO!

YES! It should be legal. Are you a grown adult who can make your own decisions for yourself? Do you get the final word on what you do with your own body or does someone else own you?

I knew next to nothing when I bought my original Smok set up 3 years ago...

It's called fucking Google or finding guys that RUN vape shops that have YouTube channels and Twitter and asking them for website recommendations.

IT'S NOT THAT FUCKING HARD.

"Oh, site A is selling these companies I've heard of from reviewer channels but everything when packaged is like $150... but site B is selling the same companies but I walk out for like $50... I WONDER WHICH ONE IS REPUTABLE. Site A has warning about nicotine being addictive and shit but Site B doesn't and Site B looks like it was designed with DreamWeaver from 10 years ago... hhhhrrrrrmmmmm"
Alright; maybe you’re blessed with an extra 5 IQ points than the average consumer. I’m inclined to think most people are pretty dumb and will look for a bargain over almost anything else.

I take it you think heroine should also be legal?
Sure. It's not going to increase the number of users. Nevermind that it, along with cocaine is already a legal pharmaceutical.

Really want to try and RDA down the road. Probably once I move into my own place where I can puff on the damn thing in places that isn't just my truck.

Fucking roommate having a 3 year old means I am hiding my casual drinking and smoking like a fucking fiend.

To put this into perspective:

A coil costs you like $4 a pop. They'll generally last at maximum performance for a week, less with heavier usage. Buying a pack of 5 is $20. You could realistically be spending $10 a week in coils alone depending on your usage.

I bought a 25 foot spool of kanthal clapton wire ($15), a 25 foot spool of stainless steel wire ($15), and a big bag of Koh Gen Do japanese cotton ($9) and that has lasted me for 5 years. My only cost is the occasional set of batteries and juice, and DIY juice cuts that down significantly.

See why rebuilding is "bad" if you're a tobacco company?

Alright; maybe you’re blessed with an extra 5 IQ points than the average consumer. I’m inclined to think most people are pretty dumb and will look for a bargain over almost anything else.
They sound poor as fuck.

Seriously, tobacco products and firearms are the TWO things in this world where you literally get what you pay for.

That Hi Point that is $250 will go bang JUST as well as the Glock that costs $550. But that Glock when it breaks down can be repaired by the consumer and won't break down NEARLY as much as the Hi Point. Tobacco products are the same. That $20 a stick cigar from Camacho is 10000% better than that $25 for 5 Swisher Sweet pack.

You're intentionally conflating failing a responsibility that affects others directly (vaccination/herd immunity) with free choice to the self where only the self is at risk (vape consumption). These aren't alike at all and the fact that you had to go to such a bifurcating hot-potato extreme indicates that you aren't able to rationalize this.

I didn't even see this when I started typing but this is correct.

You must have a hard vaping habit. It’s an example of the government protecting individuals from their own idiocy. The parallel is not hard to see.

To put this into perspective:

A coil costs you like $4 a pop. They'll generally last at maximum performance for a week, less with heavier usage. Buying a pack of 5 is $20. You could realistically be spending $10 a week in coils alone depending on your usage.

I bought a 25 foot spool of kanthal clapton wire ($15), a 25 foot spool of stainless steel wire ($15), and a big bag of Koh Gen Do japanese cotton ($9) and that has lasted me for 5 years. My only cost is the occasional set of batteries and juice, and DIY juice cuts that down significantly.

See why rebuilding is "bad" if you're a tobacco company?
It's like the firearm industry. There's a REASON shit like HiPoints are, well, shit and require you to send the gun to HiPoint to get fixed whereas Glock is perfectly content with people working on their guns but they'll void your warranty if you do (to be fair, to get a Glock armorer's certificate is like a 5 hour online class so there's that too).

REPEAT FUCKING CUSTOMERS.

I feel like RDA makers are perfectly OK with people fiddling on their own making their own coils because they ALSO make tanks and coils for tanks and they know the guys like me that only have a tank HAVE TO buy coils and stuff through them since there's no way to manually do it ourselves. Granted, that's ALSO why I want to try RDA stuff is the tinkering aspect. Thankfully the brick and mortar shop I found has a loyalty program where for every $10 you spend you get $1 in store credit.

Pit bulls and guns aren't even remotely similar.

If guns could get out and run around shooting people autonomously, I'd be all for banning them.

If proper safety and storage protocols are followed, guns aren't a safety risk. Pitbulls are a safety risk no matter what. You can do everything right as a pit bull owner and they can still snap and kill someone.

You must have a hard vaping habit. It’s an example of the government protecting individuals from their own idiocy. The parallel is not hard to see.
You believe the world is something that it is not. Sad.

No I chew Redman like a real country boy, but thanks for playing.

But let's just say I did have a vape habit, just for the sake of debate. Doesn't that just lend credence to my logic? After all, I would be consenting to the risk at hand and am fully aware of it as a sentient, free individual. My actions would be showing exactly that I don't want the government to overreach on decisions I make for myself.

Maybe you need a government issued football helmet, just in case you trip walking down the street. Can't ever be too safe, after all! Will you sign my petition for mandatory football helmets to be worn at all times? Don't you care about the children? Why do you want children to fall and die?

But let's just say I did have a vape habit, just for the sake of debate. Doesn't that just lend credence to my logic? After all, I would be consenting to the risk at hand and am fully aware of it as a sentient, free individual. My actions would be showing exactly that I don't want the government to overreach on decisions I make for myself.

Maybe you need a government issued football helmet, just in case you trip walking down the street. Can't ever be too safe, after all! Will you sign my petition for mandatory football helmets to be worn at all times? Don't you care about the children? Why do you want children to fall and die?
Mmmmmmm, Redman.... tastes like fucking raisins I hate it because it legit tastes good and I end up getting sick from putting so much in my lip.

Mmmmmmm, Redman.... tastes like fucking raisins I hate it because it legit tastes good and I end up getting sick from putting so much in my lip.

I only get some every few months as a sort of treat to myself. It tastes great but then I realize I am basically shoving mulch into my mouth and stop.

I only get some every few months as a sort of treat to myself. It tastes great but then I realize I am basically shoving mulch into my mouth and stop.
I may or may not have gotten drunk at a country festival during Granger Smith's set and stuck half a tin of skoal and like 3/4 of a pouch of Redman in my lip....

I also may or may not have gotten violently ill shortly after his set was done.

ha, I just have a tendency to believe that the average person needs some bumpers in their bowling lane in their day to day. The world is a complicated place and we often lack the relevant information for good decision making.

ha, I just have a tendency to believe that the average person needs some bumpers in their bowling lane in their day to day. The world is a complicated place and we often lack the relevant information for good decision making.
With the internet available there is no reason to not take time and research/ask people more knowledgeable on the subject.

Sure. People are stupid, but individuals quite often are not, and those people you want to make laws to protect individuals from themselves are seldom more capable of governing themselves than the average Joe. Nevermind they're more likely to act out of ulterior motives than us plebs.

I don't always agree with you Viva but I stand with you on this one. This PC pussy culture has gotten out of hand. Laws are supposed to be there to protect us not to control us. We should be allowed to live life as we like as long as it doesn't harm other people

Back