Ryan Hall submitting Henry Matamoros

*ACHOOO*

oh look, at that. haven't seen a ryan hall thread on the first page in a while :icon_twis

just wanted to comment cause i learned a couple cool tricks from this match..

*ACHOOO*

oh look, at that. haven't seen a ryan hall thread on the first page in a while :icon_twis

just wanted to comment cause i learned a couple cool tricks from this match..

i hate you for making me watch an hours worth of ryan hall videos on youtube, j/k

i have a new respect for the guy seems very knowledgeable, and a likeable down to earth guy. he is always looking for that 50/50 leg lock position

i hate you for making me watch an hours worth of ryan hall videos on youtube, j/k

i have a new respect for the guy seems very knowledgeable, and a likeable down to earth guy. he is always looking for that 50/50 leg lock position

that little trick at the end when he traps his hips at the end with his right leg is sick

the way diaz passed his guard is the way ryan likes people to pass, i dont think diaz would pass like that 2 times out of 10. he likes when people smash the legs down because as soon as he brakes one of those grips, your triangled. he said the only way to efectively defend the upside down guard is to walk around to the regular guard..

wronnng. ryan has personally showed me how to pass upside down guard, all i had to do was ask. he even showed me how to flow the pass right into a collar choke. its the same way cobrinha took his back.

also since this thread is somehow back check out the video of balance purple belt josh vogel annhilating henry even faster, and of course more poor sportsmanship on matamoros' part. vogel is a stud.

YouTube - Josh Vogel vs. Henry Matamoros Superfight at King Grappler

I really liked Hall's commentary on this vid. Added a whole new dimension.

Nice, thanks or posting this, Bjjholland; I hadn't seen that footage before. He heelhooked me fast as hell, lol!

How long ago was that fight Sloth and have you had a chance to roll with Ryan since?

Is it me, or did it look like Ryan kinda grinned when they both double butt flopped.

Is it me, or did it look like Ryan kinda grinned when they both double butt flopped.

How long ago was that fight Sloth and have you had a chance to roll with Ryan since?

Hi Radboy, that was a year and a half ago (April of 2007) and I haven't competed against him since. He's awesome, definitely, and I have tons of respect for his technique, experience and dedication.

Ryan Hall is a class act. There are 2 main criticisms he seems to get

1) Any dodgy scheme which is related to Lloyd Irvin which isn't really Ryans fault.
2) Winning with heel hooks.

A lot of bjj guys have the idea that to win with any kind of arm/shoulder lock, choke or even knee bar are far more honourable than winning with spinal locks or other leg attacks. I guess that many bjj guys see heel hooks and toe holds as cheap, not requiring the same level of ability as say passing the guard of someone like Roger Gracie, Jacare, Marcelo, Xande etc.

As I said before, Ryans a cool guy but I don't think hes going to get the respect he deserves unless he wins with positional dominance or more traditional submissions.

The video's sound might not relay it well, but everyone in the gymnasium giggled at the timing. Both of them did a butt drop...probably because they each expected the other to look for the takedown and didn't want to risk falling into a bad spot. They were just getting a kick off the timing coincedence.

Matamoros needs to learn how to lose.

I can understand being upset at a lose. You don't get to the level of competition without having a competitive spirit and fire in your belly. But you have to know when to turn it off. That's what keeps defeat from becoming dishonor.

This is the second match I've seen him lose and act like a little baby afterward.

here's Loyd's newest project.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2t8s2VgkNYg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2t8s2VgkNYg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

Back