Ryan Hall submitting Henry Matamoros

Little known is that Henry was competing w/ a broken hand. He didn't say anything about it when I saw him afterwards...I guess he's not looking to make excuses. I actually heard about it from one of the other teammates. He broke it a few days before the event...I saw it after the match and it was HUGE it was so swollen. It looked almost cartoon'ish...like in those old Tom & Jerry cartoons where Tom's hand or foot gets smashed. I actually like Ryan's style (don't know anything about him personally whether he's cool or a jerk), but give Henry his credit.

I don't like guys like Imanari and Ryan Hall, mainly because of how many knees they've blown out.

If you don't want to have your knee blown out, I recommend tapping. I've been watching many of youtube videos lately, and to my knowledge, Hall has never held onto a submission after his opponent taps. In this match, he lets go the second Matamoros yells out and taps.

Jmcorro,

I found this on MMA.tv:

http://www.mma.tv/tuf/index.cfm?ac=ListMessages&PID=1015&TID=309929&FID=1

Date: 01/16/08 02:56 PM
559 Total Posts Ignore User
Last edited:16-Jan-08 03:23 PM

Man am I inspired by those words. Thanks a lot Mark, I totally think differently, I love what I do more now. To be the best you have to fight the best. I already know that I am the best but I am going to fuck this little bitch up on March 15th and then we'll see who's the best for real. Matamoros

If Henry wants rematches, perhaps he should spend more time grappling and less time talking trash on the internet (and then showing no class after being quickly dispatched). Maybe next time he will make it out of the 3rd minute? Where I am from, you don't get to talk like that about someone and back out of a match. I see nothing here that warrants a rematch.

WAR HAYLIKS LOL!

Hayliks - you have any vids of your grappling??

If you don't want to have your knee blown out, I recommend tapping. I've been watching many of youtube videos lately, and to my knowledge, Hall has never held onto a submission after his opponent taps. In this match, he lets go the second Matamoros yells out and taps.

Jmcorro,

a lot of times, especially with heel hooks, you dont feel anything until there is damage already done, and these guys crank the heelhook quick too to get the win(understandable), in training I(and I would assume most people) tap early to heelhooks, but who wants to tap early in a competition or especially a superfight?

Ya I friggen cringe at heal hooks. The pain-damage areas are very close to eachother. I tap whenever someone even remotely has something tight. I think of it as if you got me in the position you already won.

As much as I don't want to like Ryan Hall, his hip movement and slickness is other worldly.

"
Man am I inspired by those words. Thanks a lot Mark, I totally think differently, I love what I do more now. To be the best you have to fight the best. I already know that I am the best but I am going to fuck this little bitch up on March 15th and then we'll see who's the best for real. Matamoros"

What a goddamn douche.

No matter what you have to say about him, Ryan is always classy and kind and down to earth. If it wasnt for Lloyd's hype machine I dont think there would be anyone that doesnt like him.

Not only did the guy he fought SUCK, but hes a dick and deserved to get his ass kicked.

OMG! Ryan Hall was my childhood hero untill I saw him lose to Nate Diaz?! !!! Who should I chose now?!?!?!!1111one

THE RYAN HALL GAMEPLAN! I watch Dr Ryangle to teach me!

Wow he had to fly all the way to WI cause some kid was talking e-smack. Legendary. Why is Matamoros wearing a motorcycle helmet on his head?

*EDIT* nevermind thats his hair...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a mancrush for Hayliks.

Wow he had to fly all the way to WI cause some kid was talking e-smack. Legendary. Why is Matamoros wearing a motorcycle helmet on his head?

*EDIT* nevermind thats his hair...

As seemingly pointless as the motivation was, I imagine anyone who talks smack about the Grappling Gameplan is now on notice.

WAR HAYLIKS!!

Even though ryan is very entertaining to watch, I think he has got some flaws on his game. I think david jacobs had the correct gameplan to fight him, but was unlucky twords the end. He is definetly not undefitable (no one is), but he has a grat future ahead of him (I hope)

I can't believe Lloyd hasn't made Hall a black belt yet... i mean he can EASILY pass for one and his whole add campaigne can be proven when Hall beats BJ penn's fastest american black belt record.

I can't believe Lloyd hasn't made Hall a black belt yet... i mean he can EASILY pass for one and his whole add campaigne can be proven when Hall beats BJ penn's fastest american black belt record.

Hall's gi game is far behind his no gi game. The reason BJ Penn is so highly regarded is not only did he get his black belt so quickly, but he dominated everybody at the mundials that very same year. I don't think that will ever be repeated.

Hall's gi game is far behind his no gi game. The reason BJ Penn is so highly regarded is not only did he get his black belt so quickly, but he dominated everybody at the mundials that very same year. I don't think that will ever be repeated.

Until I get my black belt...and get dominated by some 16 year old kid at mundials who they say is the next BJ Penn.

it seems for the past 2 years everyone has been saying ryan hall has been training for 3 years.......I think hall has been training for like 4.5 years already, meaning he cant beat bjs record already

it seems for the past 2 years everyone has been saying ryan hall has been training for 3 years.......I think hall has been training for like 4.5 years already, meaning he cant beat bjs record already

def more than 4 years, yeah. Probably get his brown after the pan ams or the mundials.

I am in movie-quoting mood today:

"Turkish: What's happening with those sausages, Charlie?

Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.

Turkish: It was "two minutes" five minutes ago."

:icon_chee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back