Ryan Bader vs. Fedor for the Bellator Heavyweight Championship

Who do you have winning the Bellator Heavyweight Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can’t believe some of the stuff I’m reading on here. I mean, it’s sherdog, so I should. But still...
Fedor gassing. What??
Fedor’s weak chin. Where??
Fedor’s slow, weak g’n’p at the end. Are we watching the same fight? Watched it twice today, all I can see is a vintage Fedor performance, with all his usual traits and flaws and strengths that go with his go for broke style. Yeah he slowed a tiny bit at the end, but no more than an HW currently would in a fight like that. There was more action in that single round than the whole of Blaydes vs Ngannou!! Fedor is making some of the current top 10 young HW division look embarrassing. By all means carry on writing him off, but to say Bader vs Fedor won’t even be competitive is an ignorant statement. Nothing I saw in that fight makes me think that Fedor is done. War Fedor!!!
This.
I think people just cling on to the past too much. Fedor is the best "older" HW still. and one of the best overall even at this stage of his career. I mean, look at UFC's hw roster - you got Cormier who is a really great fighter but look at the majority - most of them are not on Fedor's level.
But there's no point in proving anyone wrong or arguing about that. Let's just enjoy our moment ;)

Lol yes a fringe top ten hw 10 years past his prime vs a lhw fighting at HW is better than the goat vs one of the most talented lhws ever

Did I say it was better? No. All I said is that I am looking forward to it more.

Lmao here come the fedor fans with the early excuses fuck you guys are worse than mcnugget fans .fedor is washed up and gonna get starched by a tuf winner who is a lhw
I also think Fedor's win against Sonnen was worked...

Lmao 40yr old mw chael sonnen dumped him on his head ..imagine what cormier would do to him
A 227- pound middleweight — yeah, right, ok!
And he never did much at all to Fedor. All the damage came from Fedor. And 40 isn’t exactly ancient; DC is almost 40. Couture was fighting well in his 40s. Romero. Ages mean different things to different people athletically.

And he never did much at all to Fedor. All the damage came from Fedor. And 40 isn’t exactly ancient; DC is almost 40. Couture was fighting well in his 40s. Romero. Ages mean different things to different people athletically.
Lool a fat 227 mw..you and i both know fedor can barely make 205 let alone 185..it took fedor a whole camp to slim down to 235...chael has 0 big wins in mma beside bisping which most people thought he lost..it was a total mismatch

I've seen Bader crumble so many times.

Fedor wins Imo. Ends an epic career

Bader is 11-1 in his last 12 fights.

His only recent loss is to Rumble!

He has a total of 5 losses in his career. Lyoto Machida, Jon Jones, Glover Teixeira.

The guy is SOLID.

Fedor hits harder than AJ??
Well regularly speaking Fedor doesn't hit harder then Johnson.. But Fedor can put some retarted Wind up range on his punches... Those are freakly hard, hard as any...
Of course winding up on punches make them more predictable, easy to avoid... Johnson has way more power from short-regular punches, be he doesn't have that kind of Wind up depth, he doesn't need tho close quarters power is the real deal.
Fedor has the ability of liddell and gomi of fucking making a full shoulder motion punch, those pack a lot of heat. Not effective agaisnt people with decente footwork.

That bomb he tried to kill crocop coming in for example would murder everyone and their descendants.

Lool a fat 227 mw..you and i both know fedor can barely make 205 let alone 185..it took fedor a whole camp to slim down to 235...chael has 0 big wins in mma beside bisping which most people thought he lost..it was a total mismatch
Dude if you counting Bisping as a top win, than you have to count Okami, Marquartd too... Because they were more relevant than bisping at the time. CHael has good wins, shogun, stann, Wanderlei, rampage.... He is a impressive not-impressive looking fighter... Pushing Anderson silva shit is a acomplishment too.
I wish he had lost all this fights... but he didn't... He has solid ground to stand on... but he is a quitter on his back, Always has been.

Bader is 11-1 in his last 12 fights.

His only recent loss is to Rumble!

He has a total of 5 losses in his career. Lyoto Machida, Jon Jones, Glover Teixeira.

The guy is SOLID.
Cool then bet on him.

Fedor by KO

Out of heavyweights in their 40s, I rank Fedor only 6th.

1. Oleynik
2. Hunt
3. Mitrione
4. Kongo
5. Cro Cop
6. Fedor

Mileage, Mileage is the biggest diference maker i think... Style is also very important, Wanderlei Silva style don't age well at all and Fedor for some reason thinks he is Wanderlei Silva with a ocasional judô counter throws these days.
Mileage + Average CHin + Reckless-offensive style + age ... Have no idead how they are hanging own still.

Just how sure of that are you though? I mean, its Ryan Bader we're talking about here. The guy who pulled guard on Jon Jones.

You have to go way back to the Glover fight to find Ryan doing something super dumb mid fight, and that was five years ago. He's become an elite fighter now.

Fedor was elite for a long time but not anymore, not even close. Bader will win this fight however he sees fit to.

Chael wasn’t fat. Roy Nelson is fat. DC is fat. Fedor is chubby. Chael is solid. Chael and the word “fat” do not fit together.

Obviously id like to see Fedor win but Bader looked very impressive against Mitrione. Fdor got the first round TKO but Chael took him down way to easy, even after he absorbed all of the damage. My only hope is that Bader gets caught in a striking exchange as he has always been a bit chinny; however, so is Fedor in this stage of his career.

I just realized we are getting the Last Emperor vs. Darth Bader in the finals...

88e60e730ac020f4ab107ccfaeeb4f2d.jpg

235 at like 9 % bodyfat which is ducking redonkulous
He was 229.5, but yeah still crazy to be that heavy with very little fat. I think there's no question that bader is going to be physically stronger than Fedor.

Fedor's gonna have to knock him out quick

I had to vote for Fedor. He is my man!
If I had to bet all my money, I would go with Bader. I think he will win like he won against Mitrione

12 years ago, Bader wouldn’t have had a chance

Fedor will win either by KO or armbar.

I see no evidence that baders wrestling is better or more smothering than sonnens. They are about equal. He looks stronger than sonnen, but that doesn't mean he is.

Back