Ryan Bader vs. Fedor for the Bellator Heavyweight Championship

Who do you have winning the Bellator Heavyweight Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm a realist. It's gonna be Bader. My heart wants it to be Fedor though.

I see no evidence that baders wrestling is better or more smothering than sonnens. They are about equal. He looks stronger than sonnen, but that doesn't mean he is.

He hits a lot harder, he's a lot faster, and much stronger than Chael. Let's not kid ourselves. His entire career has been predicated on him being the best athlete in the cage.

Last edited:
He hits a lot harder, he's a lot faster, and much stronger than Chael. Let's not kid ourselves. His entire career has been predicated on him being the best athlete in the cage.
Rumble not known for his wrestling manhandled bader after a failed takedown.

Ok, Fedor looked like shit and Bader dominated Mitrione. However, Bader could not finish Mitrione even though meathead offered up no defense. Fedor has better escapes from the bottom, but I don't think he has the tank to hang with Bader for 5 rounds.

Bader will out wrestle Fedor, Fedor will be dangerous early on and may be able to get a few escapes and reversals. But I predict he will gas over time, if Bader can avoid Mitriones power shots I believe he can avoid Fedors. Although I hope I'm wrong.

going with fedor but the realist in me knows bader is the likely winner

Many posters on here have Bader winning decisevly. It could turn out that Fedor would not be able to deal with Ryan’s wrestling. A couple of other things to consider though:

First - We have seen Bader quit in fights mentally. Actually he had quit everytime he had faced someone who could have given him a run for their money.

Second - the type of people Bader loses to are the ones who can punch hard and have decent grapling. I believe Emilanenko has more than decent grappling skills. Its clear that Fedor is out of prime but his speed and power are still somewhat there so if he could catch Bader just once like he did Chael he could make him quit withsome ground strikes for sure.

Bader by decision or late finish. Which is very sad!

Rumble not known for his wrestling manhandled bader after a failed takedown.

Rumble actually has wrestling credentials and his wrestling/TDD is quite good. Did you miss his fight with Phil Davis? He just can't outwrestle Cormier the Olympian...and he sometimes got outwrestled when he cut to WW and gassed after like 3 minutes.

I see no evidence that baders wrestling is better or more smothering than sonnens. They are about equal. He looks stronger than sonnen, but that doesn't mean he is.

I'm a Chael fans but this is garbage. He's definitely bigger/stronger than Chael and his also younger. Bader also easily beat Rashad who destroyed Chael. And there's no way Chael would beat Phil Davis twice and I wouldn't even bet on him against King Mo (destroyed by Bader).

Chael doesn't do well against bigger guys with competent grappling. Before Fedor there was Jones, Rashad and Tito. Chael was a very good MW for his generation, and does pretty well against LHW and small HW strikers who are about the same age as he is (Shogun, Wand, Rampage).

Gotta love the Fedor lovers (including myself) picking Fedor lol

Bets should favor bader. I Hope it will be fedor. I voted Fedor.

The sooner Fedor gasses the sooner he will lose. ON the other side how much weight advantage will fedor have? Is bader a pure 205 lhw?

A 227- pound middleweight — yeah, right, ok!
And he never did much at all to Fedor. All the damage came from Fedor. And 40 isn’t exactly ancient; DC is almost 40. Couture was fighting well in his 40s. Romero. Ages mean different things to different people athletically.

DC only started fighting in a newer era. Couture is like the only one and roided Vitor who seemed close to prime still as old men with many fights... I guess Hunt as well got better than PRIDE days.

Lol I haven't been following mma for a while what is this Bellator? Old man's fighting league? Fedor, Tito, Chuck, Sonnen, Rampage etc...is Shamrock still fighting? How bout Tank Fucking Abbott?

Fedor by knockout of course. Don't like wrassel molesters

I hate to admit it, but I'm picking Bader because he is a legit wrestler and in good form. He should grind out a decision or GnP TKO. There is always the possibility that Fedor catches him on the button or pulls some crazy reversals, but I picked Bader.

Bader will out wrestle Fedor, Fedor will be dangerous early on and may be able to get a few escapes and reversals. But I predict he will gas over time, if Bader can avoid Mitriones power shots I believe he can avoid Fedors. Although I hope I'm wrong.
Mitiorne punches nothing like fedor
Bader won't see fedor bombs

Forgot how big Bader was until he was standing next to Fedor. Seeing Fedya gas in rd 1 which I've never seen before makes me think Bader takes it easy, TKO stoppage rd 2
Fedor stares down size

Back