Ryan Bader vs. Fedor for the Bellator Heavyweight Championship

Who do you have winning the Bellator Heavyweight Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fedor shouldn’t take this fight

He’s going to get taken down and beat down badly

lmfao at bader having KO power, watch his training vid where he is yoked weighing probably 265lb, drop about 10 bombs going 100% but he couldnt put cb dolloway out.

Some people just arent born with power.

He'll wrestlefuck fedor and perhaps get a TKO in the latter rounds but he wont KO him.

I think Bader is a favourite but only by a small margin. He was knocked out in a brutal fashion by Machida, Rumble, Glover and Tito also dropped him with a punch. Fedor can find a way to connect with him, he always does that, even when he loses. Mitrione, Werdum and Hendo all beat Fedor but he still knocked down all 3 of them. His last fights in Bellator showed that he still has timing and power and that some of his wrestling is still present since he was able to throw around Sonnen and 265 lbs Mir. Still Bader has looked very impressive since he joined Bellator and he's in his prime now. But I don't think he's a big favourite in this fight, I wouldn't put money on him cause I think it's risky.

Bader is better than Sonnen, bigger and a better athlete. But one thing is that Bader does not have the chin Sonnen does, Chael gets dropped but he can continue and fight through it. If Fedor connects early which there is a good chance he will.....Bader is going out cold. And we know Bader will do everything possible to avoid standing with Fedor, he's gonna be shooting double legs out of fear from the change room

i picked fedor cuz im ride or die

but if this goes past 2-3 minutes its all bader. fedor slowed down vs chael under 1 round, so if he cant drop bader and finish him ASAP hes gonna be too winded to defend the takedowns and bader will route him or possibly get a TKO.

if he drops bader he needs to go for the kill with the GNP - it almost cost him last night. hes only got a 1 round gas tank anyways so why not throw caution to the wind and go for the stoppage. baders gonna spam takedowns and try to wrestle him to death anyways the longer the fight goes on, and it will be frustrating to see

For nostalgia sake I hope Fedor wins. But 2018 Bader appears to be on another level.

Forgot how big Bader was until he was standing next to Fedor. Seeing Fedya gas in rd 1 which I've never seen before makes me think Bader takes it easy, TKO stoppage rd 2

Can’t believe some of the stuff I’m reading on here. I mean, it’s sherdog, so I should. But still...
Fedor gassing. What??
Fedor’s weak chin. Where??
Fedor’s slow, weak g’n’p at the end. Are we watching the same fight? Watched it twice today, all I can see is a vintage Fedor performance, with all his usual traits and flaws and strengths that go with his go for broke style. Yeah he slowed a tiny bit at the end, but no more than an HW currently would in a fight like that. There was more action in that single round than the whole of Blaydes vs Ngannou!! Fedor is making some of the current top 10 young HW division look embarrassing. By all means carry on writing him off, but to say Bader vs Fedor won’t even be competitive is an ignorant statement. Nothing I saw in that fight makes me think that Fedor is done. War Fedor!!!

I don't know who's going to win. I want Fedor to win though. But it's going to be tough. If Bader does his thing like he did with Mitrione. I see him winning by decision.

Last edited:
Brain says Bader, heart says Fedor

Bader by dominating wrestling, I'm pretty sure.

Hope I'm wrong.

Fedor hits harder than AJ??
tumblr_mjxq00VYZQ1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

I dont know if his best hit is harder than AJ's but he dropped and KOd big heavyweights, while we have no such evidence with Rumble.

Fedor is going to be pregnant with Ryan Bader's baby by the end of the fight...right before he knocks out or TKOs Fedor. Bader's wrestling will be way too much for old man Fedor and his subpar conditioning, subpar wrestling defense and his weak chin. Fedor fans will be crying at the end of the fight.

Back