• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it actually did but you failed to notice it.
Refer to the part regarding South Korean future policy regarding:
1. Russia
2. China
3. North Korea
4. Countries at war.
I'm done here mate. I feel that talking to a brick wall gives me a better response and logic.

And that FUTURE policy was reversed by this weeks current events. Hence the change in policy (the $18 billion you don't want to count).

I don't think you have even a rudimentary grasp on basic logic lol
It's all becoming clear now
We've been trying to explain things to you like you're 12, when we should have been trying to explain things to you like you're 5.
Your mistake is to continually engage with this plank..

So, you are saying Ukraine now (September 2023), under a war, is better than under Soviet rule in peacetime? I thought Ukrainian civilians were being bombed and dying by the hundreds. Soldiers dying by the thousands. The economy in shambles. Living in fear of the future.
Here's a history lesson for you...

Sorry to break it to you mate, but Ukraine is fucked either way. They only have enough soldiers to fight for maybe another 12 months. After that the conflict will be over with a Russian victory. They didn't think this through very well. Plus, the west is getting tired of this war. 19 months in and the Russians are still in Ukraine. I thought Russia was a paper tiger. They should have been pushed back to their borders 6 months ago. If it has not happened, it will not happen.
Quick! Someone get this post over to Ukraine! They gotta see this!

I was reading the comments and some of them said the article was from 2019.

I disagree imo since theres cituation ,"Katie Crombe & John A. Nagl, "A Call to Action: Lessons from Ukraine for the Future Force," Parameters 53, no. 3 (2023)"

I would assume this type facility of education would mention 2019 and not use 2023

But wtf do i know, i got no clue about high education circles

Military intelligence: Chechen warlord Kadyrov in critical condition

kadyrov.jpg

"Ukraine's Security Service (SBU) has confirmed that Chechen strongman is in critical condition due to serious illness, SBU Spokesperson Andriy Yusov told the Ukrainian news outlet Obozrevatel on Sept. 15.

"Yes, indeed, there is information that war criminal Kadyrov is in serious condition — his existing diseases have worsened and caused such a serious condition," Yusov said.

Obozrevatel had earlier reported claims from sources in Chechnya that Kadyrov had fallen into a coma. While Yusov did not provide details on Kadyrov's medical issues, he confirmed that the problem was not an injury and that his health was worsening.

"He has been ill for a long time, and it is about systemic health problems. But he has been in serious condition for the last few days," Yusov said.

Yusov said that the information about Kadyrov's health has been confirmed by multiple medical and political sources."

Military intelligence: Chechen warlord Kadyrov in critical condition (yahoo.com)

So, you are saying Ukraine now (September 2023), under a war, is better than under Soviet rule in peacetime? I thought Ukrainian civilians were being bombed and dying by the hundreds. Soldiers dying by the thousands. The economy in shambles. Living in fear of the future.

Under soviet rule Ukraine was starved to death, millions died, economy in shambles, living in fear of the future. Jesus christ dude at least read the wiki on the Holodomor before putting on your clown suit.

For Ukr big problems might be if North Korea will deliver Russia ammunition.
Then also is suspicion that russia is accumulating cruise missiles and these Iranian drones in order to launch massive attack on Ukr energy infrastructure when heating season will start...maybe even will wait till winter...

For Ukr big problems might be if North Korea will deliver Russia ammunition.
Then also is suspicion that russia is accumulating cruise missiles and these Iranian drones in order to launch massive attack on Ukr energy infrastructure when heating season will start...maybe even will wait till winter...
Problem is that Ukraine has a ton of air defense systems now… like alot

Russian artillery is very effective....
Ukrainians too are using artillery produced in USSR not only western supplied stuff, therefore they are begging for USSR type 100mm, 122mm and 152 mm ammunition.
Also they are using USSR era mortars.
I'm not really talking about the equipment...

US artillery response time is horrible compared to either Ukraine or Russia. Has been steadily getting worse for decades as they've become less and less concerned about armies and more and more concerned about collateral damage.

There is no army in the world with a lower risk tolerance than America and artillery doesn't provide a direct line of sight for operators like drones or jets do.

I think it's safe to say all Western countries were grossly underprepared for a conventional war against a near peer. But, on the other hand, that near peer doesn't really exist. I believe military superiority would have allowed a coalition of Euro countries to easily defeat a Russian invasion, even if that same coalition lacked the numbers for a sustained fight. The only country that is able to both recruit large numbers of fighters and equip them to broadly compete with western countries is China but they're pretty far away.
Also, due to nuclear weapons, we know a direct confrontation like that just wouldn't happen. We may fantasize about Taiwan, but it will not happen.
The worst case scenario is that an underprepared west wouldn't be able to stop a third country, supported either by Russia or China, from invading a protected country. Let's say, Iran heavily equipped by China invading a small ME country.

America is prepared for a war with god. The issue is the entire west is reliant on America's stockpile for any conflict lasting over two weeks.

America is almost single handedly sustaining an artillery war with severe restrictions on how much they can draw down and they're hardly trying. HIMARS alone has 3 capabilities that America hasn't sent yet.

With America it's will, not ability. The transferable power is insane. Ukraine has an impressive cargo plane industry. America has a system called the Rapid dragon, a palletized missile system designed to be dropped from cargo planes with a 1200 mile range and payload up to 21,800 lbs.

Obviously that's not going to be sent, just an example of what America could do tomorrow if the will was there.

The rest of us should do what you're saying though. We're reliant on jets and that is not a capability that can be quickly transferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.