Rumor: Tyron Woodley to fight GSP

TS' source is the front page of Sherdog...

Look at how many championship fights go to decision

Pretty much all GSP fights were title fights

The moment he realizes he cannot stand and trade with his opponent......Hump City till the bell rings.

Look how many damn decisions the guy has!

Decisions =/= lay and pray. Gsp was the most active fighter from top position during his time in the UFC.

Name one fight where he stalled to a decision

Lucky bastard! that Tyron Woodley, it will be a big pay day for him.
I'm a bit surprised that GSP is coming back right now, a fight with Lawler was to much for GSP?

It's not all that surprising if you've been keeping up with the rumours.

First he was getting positioned to take on Conor at 200. And then Nate happened. Then (filling in some blanks) it looks like they were just going to give Conor the rematch with Nate at 200 and hope to set up the GSP fight off a WW win. Then Nate/Conor fell through and it was rumoured they were trying to get GSP to fight at 200, but that whole event became a clusterf**k; plus it would have been pretty short notice considering the layoff, and there was really no one for him to fight except maybe Nate, and Nate was having nothing of anyone but Conor. Then Bisping won the MW championship and GSP seems to have been trying to score the Bisping fight. Then Hendo got that one. And then Lawler had a fight booked already. And then Lawler was no longer champ.

And now here we are.

Somewhere, Diaz fans are crying into their Cheerios and yelling, 'But...but...Nick should have a shot at the title!!!!!!'

I don't know if GSP will do as well as everyone thinks. Injury and a long layoff I don't think it is going to be easy. That being said I do hope he comes in and beats them all.

Decisions =/= lay and pray. Gsp was the most active fighter from top position during his time in the UFC.

Name one fight where he stalled to a decision

If he is so active fom the top position, and always had 5 rounds to end a fight, why the heck was he unable to finish his opponents?

If he is so active fom the top position, and always had 5 rounds to end a fight, why the heck was he unable to finish his opponents?

Because being active does not equal finishing. Silva finished Sonnen while throwing 29 strikes in 5 rounds. Lawler and Condit were active and did not finish each other. You have other easy questions like that?

Name one of those 5 rounders where he wasn't active

It's not all that surprising if you've been keeping up with the rumours.

First he was getting positioned to take on Conor at 200. And then Nate happened. Then (filling in some blanks) it looks like they were just going to give Conor the rematch with Nate at 200 and hope to set up the GSP fight off a WW win. Then Nate/Conor fell through and it was rumoured they were trying to get GSP to fight at 200, but that whole event became a clusterf**k; plus it would have been pretty short notice considering the layoff, and there was really no one for him to fight except maybe Nate, and Nate was having nothing of anyone but Conor. Then Bisping won the MW championship and GSP seems to have been trying to score the Bisping fight. Then Hendo got that one. And then Lawler had a fight booked already. And then Lawler was no longer champ.

And now here we are.

Oke maybe not totally surprising, but GSP could have come back anytime in the past months or years. I think a fight between Lawler and GSP is a bigger ppv rather tahan with Woodley.

Name one of those 5 rounders where he wasn't active

what does "active" even mean in this context?

Sonnen is technically active in all of his decision wins because he spams hundreds of baby punches but he almost never gets a finish on the ground.

GSP doesn't take enough risks to finish a fight, it's as simple as that.

I don't know what his excuse is either.

Back