Rumor: Tyron Woodley to fight GSP

Decisions =/= lay and pray. Gsp was the most active fighter from top position during his time in the UFC.

Name one fight where he stalled to a decision

Haters gonna hate. GSP was that good. Ask them to name one single fucking instance where he was in top position and the fight was stood up. He was always looking to improve position and/or throwing punches.

So does that mean Rory isn't re signing with the UFC? Hard to think GSP would take the titleshot when Rory has a win over Woodley and could easily rack up a couple wins and be right back up there for a title shot.
Rory is going to end up in Bellator, from what I've heard he's playing hard to get with the UFC and that not the smartest approach when your already getting paid well and on a losing streak.

as a huge gsp fan, i prefer him to stay retired. nothing left to prove and he wasn't as explosive as he use to be during his last few fights (especially after those injuries)
You aren't a true fan if you want him to stay retired. Support every decision he makes. If that includes coming back for 3 more fights embrace the return of an all time great. GSP beating Woodley, Thompson and whomever else would secure his legacy as WW GOAT.

Rory is going to end up in Bellator, from what I've heard he's playing hard to get with the UFC and that not the smartest approach when your already getting paid well and on a losing streak.
Look what the UFC did with Conor. Hard ball does not work with this company.

Look what the UFC did with Conor. Hard ball does not work with this company.
Except Conor is way bigger draw, they will tell Rory don't let the door hit your ass

what does "active" even mean in this context?

Sonnen is technically active in all of his decision wins because he spams hundreds of baby punches but he almost never gets a finish on the ground.

GSP doesn't take enough risks to finish a fight, it's as simple as that.

I don't know what his excuse is either.

Strikes, passes, sub attempts, active means anything you want it to mean. The point is, people constantly say he stalls but can't name one fight where he does.

Fighting is risky in and of itself, it seems you're confusing risk with making a bad decision. Nobody in the cage is taking risks for risks sake

This is basically the Koscheck fight redux. Georges can't fight south paws because he relies too heavily on his jab.

Back