Roy Jones willing to fight Silva

For example, take a guy like Marcus Davis. While never boxing at a championship level (and probably not having the potential to box at a championship level) he has compiled a decent amount of experience and at least a few years of training specifically for boxing.

In terms of an immediate crossover match up with a boxer --in boxing-- I would favor Marcus Davis' chances over those of an Anderson Silva.

This is not taking into account weight of course, clearly there will be no chance for a match up between Marcus Davis and Roy Jones.

Here is his boxrec profile:

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=019438&cat=boxer

Anderson Silva is being touted as a possible crossover opponent because of the publicity even the mention of a fight like this can generate, not because of any credible chance he has for an immediate victory against a championship level boxer.

I honestly don't think anyone is actually giving Silva a chance in this. A lot of it just seems to be people being annoyed to think that he thinks he stands a chance.

Don't forget the 'Never Back Down' fan boys.

"Hey man, what have you been up to lately."

"Nothing much man, wicked party BTW."

"Thanks bro, did I tell you I've been trainning MMA?"

"MMA? What's that?"

"Mixed Martial Arts dude."

"You mean like that stuff in 'Never Back Down?'"

"Yeah, that stuff, it's so gnarley dude. High Five."

"Lets go hit the beer bong dude."

I dont know what film you are talking about but I get the picture, it does seem to attact guys who remind me a lot of "surfer dudes" I saw all the time in California.

I completely understand. MOST fans of MMA bash the hell out of boxing. MMA is just the current trend. Most people don't realize how hard boxing is because they've never took the time to attempt stepping into a ring. I did for a year or so before I moved and have a ton of respect for what those guys can do. I watch MMA more then I watch boxing because there's more of a chance for me to view it. I'm not nearly as well versed in whats going on in boxing as I am MMA but I grew up watching it since my grandparents loved it and always got the pay per views. So please don't think I don't respect what they do, I'm just simply trying to get more knowledgeable about the sport.

Im not having a go at you mate, you dont remind me at all of a HW poster. The way they put down individual disciplines with no clue what they are taking about is very annoying. Kid McCoy from here goes over there all the time and wastes them in arguments.

MMA fans have almost singlehandedly put me off MMA. Not a slant on you, but seriously, everything about current MMA makes me want to throw myself off a cliff from the apparel to TUF, to Mike Goldberg, to little gimps in tapout tshirts saying boxing is so easy and boring. Boxing isnt even my sport, judo is, but I literally could not care less about the current MMA scene!!

HAHAHA same. I hear ya.

So you get really annoyed when you see people decked out in tapout gear as well. Its just embarassing. 90% of MMA's fanbase have never participated or even watched combat sports prior to becoming an MMA fan and yet they claim to know something about it from watching the TUF show.

Agreed. Who is it aimed at? It couldnt be actual fight fans, and it not quite awful enough for the OC crowd.

Likely the 10-20 US male crowd. I believe it bombed at the box office recently though, so with any luck it will be off the radar soon.

MMA fans have almost singlehandedly put me off MMA. Not a slant on you, but seriously, everything about current MMA makes me want to throw myself off a cliff from the apparel to TUF, to Mike Goldberg, to little gimps in tapout tshirts saying boxing is so easy and boring. Boxing isnt even my sport, judo is, but I literally could not care less about the current MMA scene!!

My distaste for the current MMA scene is entirely due to the influx of new fans. If someone asks me if I follow the sport, I almost always say no.

I'll talk boxing with anybody though. The quality of the fanbase is much higher.

As for Jones wanting this fight? Of course, easiest three minutes of his life.

I'de like to watch silva go for a heel hook with gloves on

I respect Silva for calling out boxing, and willing to represent MMA, but Jones is too advanced for him in the boxing ring. But I think Jones is just responding to save face, because if he were to avoid the topic, people would say he's scared.

I respect Silva for calling out boxing, and willing to represent MMA, but Jones is too advanced for him in the boxing ring. But I think Jones is just responding to save face, because if he were to avoid the topic, people would say he's scared.

You're an idiot.
People would say he's scared? What people? Know nothing, non-factors such as yourself? Trust me, Jones doesn't care what you think... nor your ilk.

Also, you respect Silva for "calling out boxing". Geek, do you respect boxers for "calling out mma"? I'd guess not, you'd probably go huff and puff on the Heavyweight forum, get patted on the back by like-minded teenaged dunderheads then be able to rest your little mind as you went back to bed.

You're an idiot.
People would say he's scared? What people? Know nothing, non-factors such as yourself? Trust me, Jones doesn't care what you think... nor your ilk.

Also, you respect Silva for "calling out boxing". Geek, do you respect boxers for "calling out mma"? I'd guess not, you'd probably go huff and puff on the Heavyweight forum, get patted on the back by like-minded teenaged dunderheads then be able to rest your little mind as you went back to bed.

owned. :D

Back