Roy Jones willing to fight Silva

I'm not saying Silva would win, but he does have a reach advantage and has knockout power. The only weakness Jones has, other than choice of opponents, is his jaw. Its been shown before and if anyone can be knocked out, Silva can do it.

slap.jpg

he wont be the first to fight a boxer....didn't vitor fight and won the boxing champion before?

he wont be the first to fight a boxer....didn't vitor fight and won the boxing champion before?

You talking about Belfort?
Here are some facts about Vitor's "success" in pro boxing.
1. He had one fight which he won.
2. The guy Belfort beat was the National amatuer champ of Brazil and never had a pro fight before. So technically, he did beat a "champion."
3. Brazil sucks balls at boxing compared to countries like the US or Mexico.
4. If you think this is somehow indicative of Silva doing well against Jones, you need your brain examined.

If anyone from MMA is going to have a chance, it'll be Silva.

But its just the same bullshit going on like the whole Mayweather thing. When White wanted him to fight Sherk (i think it was sherk) nothings going to come of this except a lot of bickering between boxing fans and MMA fans.

How does having no chance = having a chance?

Silva is the man in the UFC middleweight division but he would get tooled by Jones in a boxing match.

But its just the same bullshit going on like the whole Mayweather thing. When White wanted him to fight Sherk (i think it was sherk) nothings going to come of this except a lot of bickering between boxing fans and MMA fans.

Silva has less of a chance than I would against Tiger Woods playing a round of golf in the masters, and I blow at golf.

Damn lol

Im saying if ANYONE in MMA has a chance its Silva. And that chance is .01% of a win. Look at my other posts, im clearly in favor of Roy.

Damn lol

Im saying if ANYONE in MMA has a chance its Silva. And that chance is .01% of a win. Look at my other posts, im clearly in favor of Roy.

Yeah, I was just trying to further everyone's point.

Yeah, no, it's cool. Actually, it's amusing to talk to you boxing guys about it. Make better arguments here then the HW posters.

There are plenty of professional MMA fighters with more boxing experience than Anderson Silva has under his belt. Given an extended period of time, he might have a little potential.....but in terms of an immediate cross over match up I wouldn't say he had the best "chance" in comparison to other mixed martial artists.

Yeah, no, it's cool. Actually, it's amusing to talk to you boxing guys about it. Make better arguments here then the HW posters.

The HWTS forum is overflowing with thoughtful discussion dude.

*finishes can of paint thinner*

There are plenty of professional MMA fighters with more boxing experience than Anderson Silva has under his belt. Given an extended period of time, he might have a little potential.....but in terms of an immediate cross over match up I wouldn't say he had the best "chance" in comparison to other mixed martial artists.

Lets go with that. Who in your mind would be a better match up for the UFC to throw to the slaughter?

MMA fans have almost singlehandedly put me off MMA. Not a slant on you, but seriously, everything about current MMA makes me want to throw myself off a cliff from the apparel to TUF, to Mike Goldberg, to little gimps in tapout tshirts saying boxing is so easy and boring. Boxing isnt even my sport, judo is, but I literally could not care less about the current MMA scene!!

Lets go with that. Who in your mind would be a better match up for the UFC to throw to the slaughter?

There's nothing to go with. What match up are we talking about here?

Are you willing to dispute that there are mixed martial artists who are more proficient in terms of boxing than Anderson Silva? What would lead you to believe that he has the best "chance" for immediate crossover success?

MMA fans have almost singlehandedly put me off MMA. Not a slant on you, but seriously, everything about current MMA makes me want to throw myself off a cliff from the apparel to TUF, to Mike Goldberg, to little gimps in tapout tshirts saying boxing is so easy and boring. Boxing isnt even my sport, judo is, but I literally could not care less about the current MMA scene!!

Don't forget the 'Never Back Down' fan boys.

"Hey man, what have you been up to lately."

"Nothing much man, wicked party BTW."

"Thanks bro, did I tell you I've been trainning MMA?"

"MMA? What's that?"

"Mixed Martial Arts dude."

"You mean like that stuff in 'Never Back Down?'"

"Yeah, that stuff, it's so gnarley dude. High Five."

"Lets go hit the beer bong dude."

I completely understand. MOST fans of MMA bash the hell out of boxing. MMA is just the current trend. Most people don't realize how hard boxing is because they've never took the time to attempt stepping into a ring. I did for a year or so before I moved and have a ton of respect for what those guys can do. I watch MMA more then I watch boxing because there's more of a chance for me to view it. I'm not nearly as well versed in whats going on in boxing as I am MMA but I grew up watching it since my grandparents loved it and always got the pay per views. So please don't think I don't respect what they do, I'm just simply trying to get more knowledgeable about the sport.

Back