Roy Jones willing to fight Silva

I wish Dana had let Sherk fight Kermit Cintron. Heck, I wish Mayweather had accepted the challenge. Would have been great....

I wish Dana had let Sherk fight Kermit Cintron. Heck, I wish Mayweather had accepted the challenge. Would have been great....

I recall hearing rumblings of Sherk Vs Kermit, and even PBF vs Sherk and I don't think it would have been so great watching Kermit or Money May getting laid on for 3 rounds.
I wouldn't have minded Kermit vs Huerta, or Guida and PBF vs someone that would stand with them.

Never back down was badass

Oh and RJJ is gonna TOOL anderson. And I am actually rooting for RJJ, even thought I like MMA better than boxing. I love RJJ and I dont want to see all the TUF newbs thinkin MMA fighters can take boxers in there sport.

Never back down was badass

Oh and RJJ is gonna TOOL anderson. And I am actually rooting for RJJ, even thought I like MMA better than boxing. I love RJJ and I dont want to see all the TUF newbs thinkin MMA fighters can take boxers in there sport.

You speak as if theres an actual chance this fight is going to happen

How would this fight even get commissioned?
Who's going to permit a 1-1 boxer fight a 52-4 boxer?

As much as some of the Pride Fighting freakshow matches were scoffed at by other mma fans, it does appear that those freakshow matches is what drives a large portion of some of the other main mma venues. You have Brock Lesnar and Kimbo Slice headlining their respective organizations cards... I think it says alot about the current level of professionalism with mma.

I think boxing will do well in not following that path. Not letting a guy with 1 fight under his belt get a headlining spot (was Lesnar/Mir a title match?), the same for an untested internet star.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel MCPB.

[disingenuously beats around the bush]Gosh, I don't know it might be an interesting bout.
A chance for Silva to show his boxing skills.
The 'sideshow' aspect of any sport can serve as a boon for pulling in a new potential long-term fanbase that ultimately may be interested in the more technical aspects of that sport as well.[/disingenuously beats around the bush]

I feel guilty even adding to this thread. Why the fuck is this match even being discussed? 1-1 casual boxer vs 52-4 future hall of famer. What else needs to be said?

Id love if Rogan and Goldberg commentated it. That would be glorious.

"Roy Jones respects the hands of Forrest Griffin"

"Are you kidding me right now Joe, those aren't boxing gloves!"

This is a funny thread.
The reaction of proud and knowledgeable fans registers indignation, as though the proposal of a guy with 21 Box-Grapple wins and his promoter

You're an idiot.
People would say he's scared? What people? Know nothing, non-factors such as yourself? Trust me, Jones doesn't care what you think... nor your ilk.

Also, you respect Silva for "calling out boxing". Geek, do you respect boxers for "calling out mma"? I'd guess not, you'd probably go huff and puff on the Heavyweight forum, get patted on the back by like-minded teenaged dunderheads then be able to rest your little mind as you went back to bed.

------------

MC Paul Barman said:
I hope you were just kidding.
If so, disregard the comment I directed at you in the boxing forum on this thread.

If not.......... wow.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?p=21719895&posted=1#post21719895

HAHA, i'm so surprised that you took things so out of context. I get where you're going, and I'm kinda on your side about it. I REALLY like Jones and Silva. I think that Jones can care less about what Silva says, and he's just responding to make sure that the "childish" mma sherdoggers/fans don't think he's a pussy for not retaliating. Not people like me, I don't really have an opinion if he's a pussy or not. I;m stating that a reason WHY he responded was to show that boxers are not afraid to mix it up as well. His response is represnting boxing, while Silva's statement was representing MMA. Both sports being "combat sports" are all built up on marketing and hype. ESPECIALLY boxing, and Jones' reply is a simple "adding fire to the flame" (adding hype to the discussion). WHo does it benefit?? Both the fighters involved and the sports involved, so my statement was hinting that Jones' response was a simple "save face" for him and boxing, because he knows that it would probably not happen, but uneducated fans would think he's a pussy, which he's obviously not....

AND NOTICE how I said "People would think something" I didn't say "I", because i'm a well educated fan of both sports, so before you go on replying sh*t on my behalf and what you ASSUME that "I THINK", take it for what it is, a f*cking opinion and obsevation of how OTHERS would feel about the situation, so don't ever "private message" me again. Not trying to start sh*t, but don't private message me ever, unless your a hot girl willing to send some nude pics, dudes private messaging is just ghey.

------------

HAHA, i'm so surprised that you took things so out of context. I get where you're going, and I'm kinda on your side about it. I REALLY like Jones and Silva. I think that Jones can care less about what Silva says, and he's just responding to make sure that the "childish" mma sherdoggers/fans don't think he's a pussy for not retaliating. Not people like me, I don't really have an opinion if he's a pussy or not. I;m stating that a reason WHY he responded was to show that boxers are not afraid to mix it up as well. His response is represnting boxing, while Silva's statement was representing MMA. Both sports being "combat sports" are all built up on marketing and hype. ESPECIALLY boxing, and Jones' reply is a simple "adding fire to the flame" (adding hype to the discussion). WHo does it benefit?? Both the fighters involved and the sports involved, so my statement was hinting that Jones' response was a simple "save face" for him and boxing, because he knows that it would probably not happen, but uneducated fans would think he's a pussy, which he's obviously not....

AND NOTICE how I said "People would think something" I didn't say "I", because i'm a well educated fan of both sports, so before you go on replying sh*t on my behalf and what you ASSUME that "I THINK", take it for what it is, a f*cking opinion and obsevation of how OTHERS would feel about the situation, so don't ever "private message" me again. Not trying to start sh*t, but don't private message me ever, unless your a hot girl willing to send some nude pics, dudes private messaging is just ghey.

jdm,
why did you include what you pm'd me in this post as well?
Like I said, gotta keep those emotions on a tight lease.

I'm not sure if this fight is even really about winning or losing for Anderson. He may say he wants to represent MMA and all that and try to win, but I'm not sure if he really BELIEVES he can win in a boxing ring against RJJ. I think it's more of him just wanting to test his skills against his idol and see how he would do.

If you watch some of his PRIDE interviews you'll see he says that he's the "Roy Jones of MMA" and tries to mimic RJJ's style, or transfer it into MMA the best he can.

He holds RJJ in a very high regard.

It's impossible to tell. His hands are lethal, when his opponent is watching for leg kicks. Take that out of the equation and give him gloves and he probably wont be that much of a threat at all.

Totally agree. A Silva is my favorite mma fighter but if he is limited to just using his hands, RJJ will destroy him. If it was an mma match, Jones would be out of there within 1...

jones also wants tarver IV..

ya'll musta stopped caring by now...

Back