Roy Jones willing to fight Silva

Dana won't let Fedor compete in Sambo but he'll let Silva get beat by Jones?

Dana I doubt will make it happen, if he wouldn't let his guy Sean sherk anywhere near Kermit Cintron in an MMA MATCH, then I highly doubt he'll let their p4p king near Roy fucking Jones.

Easy payday for Jones. If it goes down, I hope Silva gets paid enough for his trip to the hospital.

There is a whopping 0% chance that this will ever happen.

if anyone would fight silva, it would be jones. RJ is desperate to fight the easiest possible competition. first taylor, then beyer and know silva. why not pavlik, calzaghe or dawson?

BTW, dana has very little say in this matter.

if anyone would fight silva, it would be jones. RJ is desperate to fight the easiest possible competition. first taylor, then beyer and know silva. why not pavlik, calzaghe or dawson?

BTW, dana has very little say in this matter.

Why would that be?

Certainly considering that the UFC has him under (probably exclusive) contract, the UFC brass will veto any notion of Silva shifting gears in order to compete in a sport in which he has little chance of success.

Is there a loop hole in his contract you are aware of?

Why would that be?

Certainly considering that the UFC has him under (probably exclusive) contract, the UFC brass will veto any notion of Silva shifting gears in order to compete in a sport in which he has little chance of success.

Is there a loop hole in his contract you are aware of?

because it will never get sanctioned(dana or no dana).

because it will never get sanctioned(dana or no dana).

Discussion of the match up will most likely never reach the issue of sanctioning. The UFC has made it pretty clear, it abhors contracted fighters competing elsewhere. In this case Dana (and by Dana, I assume you mean UFC management in general) will have a role in this fight not taking place, regardless of whether or not the idea would eventually be canned due to the inability of the match makers to get it sanctioned.

thats the point. it doesent matter what dana says. he can say yes all he wants, but the matchup will never get made.

RJJ probably wants this fight more than silva(thats how pathetic his list of possible opponents has become).

Roy Jones could train like James Toney and still get a first round KO.

Toney trains pretty hard... he just eats too damn much.. but you dont throw as many punches as Toney does unless you've got some fuel in the tank.

Roy Jones could train like James Toney and still get a first round KO.

I actually think Jones would just toy with Silva. I could see this going the distance.
The only way I see Jones losing is if he pulls a nate campbell.

Toney trains pretty hard... he just eats too damn much.. but you dont throw as many punches as Toney does unless you've got some fuel in the tank.
Toney has fuel in the tank alright.

He runs entirely on gravy.

In a boxing match?

Wow, although this should be a joke, Im kinda nervous as Jones is long long past his best and can be KO'ed, and if he somehow did get canned, I would never post on this board again as the backlash from the HW guys would be too much to have to put up with,

Why not Wladimir Klitschko vs. Couture or Fedor, that would be much more definitive, neither of those dudes would get a glove on the big guy before probably getting KO'ed by the first shot he loads up on.

The HW guys couldn't answer this question. So I'm leaving it up to you all. Just what in the HELL is Anderson Silva thinking? Possibly his ego speaking or does he know something that no one else does? Some super secret that not another soul knows and it promises a win?

Back