Ronda's Real Competition: Double Standard in MMA

I stopped at Ronda is beating up strippers and soccer moms. I didn't know that but thank you for bringing it to my attention.

It's easy to see that the women Ronda are fighting are not only near her level but they still have a lot to learn about MMA. That's why they are cans. They're literally not good enough. They might be one day but not in time for Ronda. No one will give Ronda any sort of challenge from this point besides Cyborg and that's only because of her size.

All fighters start off with a day job, this is the stupidest thread I have seen today. Every one of Rouseys opponents have been cans, nuff said.

All fighters start off with a day job, this is the stupidest thread I have seen today. Every one of Rouseys opponents have been cans, nuff said.

Great analysis...

0457_8e9f.gif

Last edited:
the TS makes some good points. There is always a double standard with Ronda. Such is life

Stopped reading there after noticing your join date. "All time high" says the guy who has been a part of Sherdog for a whopping few months.

Because its not like people lose their accounts through account bets/bans and then come back... never happens on Sherdog, right?

tl, dr... only caught the Sara Mcmann elite athlete all her life part

false

yes, she won silver at the 2004 olympics. she also failed to qualify for the 2008 olympics.

She fought Ronda in 2014.

Then she got out-grappled by Meisha Tate.

Because its not like people lose their accounts through account bets/bans and then come back... never happens on Sherdog, right?

I have to assume every members join date is their first day posting on sherdog. I give no value or recognition to those who need to create multiple accounts. Bottom line users join dates will affect how their posts are "seen". I will look past some comments that seem ignorant from newer users but the same ignorant comment made by a seasoned user will be viewed differently as they are expected to know better. The OP's initial post was just so ridiculous and long winded it seems as though he may have had another account but again a users join date is a hard solid fact and it must be assumed the OP's join date is in fact his first day posting here..

I try not to take those fighter-bashers seriously anymore, but I'm glad someone has the resilience for that.

apparently beating up strippers and soccer moms is how you can become an undisputed mma champ

sign me up, i can begin my training right away

certainly worked for this girl, shes on her way up. if you like brutal finishes make sure you have a couple tissues handy.

Feor had great timing, movement and distancing. Fedor loved the Russian hooks which although not that technical served as a way to enter the clinch. That Feint punching and his hand trapping works well, which is why he outstruck Cro Cop who was a more technical striker.

Wand also has very good timing and an understanding of Muay Thai beyond what he's able to do. This is evident on his fight against Jardine who used the same low kick that beat Chuck. The difference is that Wand was able to counter it and KO Jardine. The reason for Chute Boxe looping/brawling style is because that's how they learned how to fight. They brawled and never got any better at it. Here's a very good counter to a lazy low kick. Horrible looking technique but good timing.

wanderlei-silva_keith-jardine_a.gif

Shogun is actually a very decent striker who has a better understanding and application of Muay Thai than Wanderlei. He had good head movement and great kicks that served as a way to control the distance. His looping punches were also a product of his brawling. He did get better at it thought. The best Shogun is the one that beat Chuck and Machida. Unfortunately that lasted very little. Here's some very good head movement and a kick to stop Chuck's momentum rather than just running back.

JadedAdoredKingsnake.gif

Those three guys are way better strikers than Cat, Miesha, Eye, McMann. They also have a better understanding of distance and timing so they don't get caught as much. There's control in their chaos, specially in Fedor's case.

Ronda was submitting a bunch of Blue belts and outstriking non strikers. Cat has horrible striking and is one of those I beat a fat Thai so I'm good at Muay Thai strikers (I call it the Master Tody approach). Cat's punches are horrendous, her knees are strong but lack technique.

CatZinganoKnee.jpg

This is a bad habit many people pick up in Muay Thai until it is corrected. You bring down both hands to knee. That's how Nunes almost knocked her out.

Sara McMann for some weird reason regressed in her striking since the Ronda fight. She was at her best against Ronda. However, Sara lacks proper defense and drops to turtle when she gets hurt. Which is why she gets finished a lot. Her wrestling is top notch though.

usa-today-8737596.0.jpg

Bethe is a blue belt on Wallid Ismail and lacks boxing ability. Throws arm punches and is not aiming just wildly swinging.

1-2.gif

Alexis Davis is probably her biggest win in terms of credentials.

Jessica Eye lacks ground game and is horrible at striking just like the rest of the division. Chin up and flailing about.

giphy.gif

Liz was also a blue belt when they fought, maybe a purple but I doubt it.

I forgot the rest of the people in that division.The most important thing is though that most of those girls would be at 125lbs if that was an option.

I personally think Ronda is great for MMA and Pro Wreslting, which are two things I enjoy. However, she has not faced top competition. That's not her fault though, because there is no top competition is Women's MMA. She and Cyborg are on the same boat, beating the crap out of people who aren't good enough.

Edit: Notice how you had to go down 2 weight classes to find a decent WMMA striker...

Haha!!! lol at any of you who think wand has good muay thai technique. And I love wand but this is the one double standard that is absolutely correct to call out regarding Ronda

The WMMA 135 division is full of cans.

115, a lot of solid talent coming out there for sure.

135 Claudia or JJ would run through Ronda's division my friend.

LOL throwing your hat in with the parrot sheep?

I think Valerie Letourneau would disagree with you, or else why would she starve herself to make the drop to 115 instead of staying at 135 where it would be easier to crush all those cans?

You also realize that Claudia Gadelha walks around at practically the same weight as Tate, has fought at over 130 before, and just cuts a shit ton more to fight at SW... if she could crush the BW division and fight Ronda let alone take her belt for a MASSIVE payday and fame, she would.

Cyborg is probably a better fighter P4P than Gadelha. She's more dominant over her competition with a similar physical advantage.

Last edited:
The double standard on these boards are at an all time high. It's becoming so bad that we need to have some actual facts, stats and truth injected. Enjoy!

1) On the charge that Ronda is fighting

Back