Ronda's Real Competition: Double Standard in MMA

Lol TS paid Sherdog but he's an overly-aggressive moron who doesn't understand what he's watching.

All the blatant strawman arguments in the world won't change anyone's mind.

Overall Rondas Competition By Comparison to her other MMA Counterparts:

Total win/loss(win percentage) for Cyborg's opponents: 124-44(.738)

Total win/loss(win percentage) for Jon Jones' first 12 opponents: 77-22(.778)

Total win/loss(win percentage) for Rousey's 12 opponents: 102-17(.857)

We are talking about the relative technical ability of Rousey's opposition here. This can be substantively analyzed through watching the fights. Looking at someone's record on fight finder tells you nothing about their ability, contrary to your views.

You pointing out their record (amateurs beating other amateurs) doesn't address anything of note and that's why your analyses can be thrown out.

Ronda White Knights, MEET YOUR GOD!

Pretty much. This guy is putting too much stock in their records. The only one of Ronda's opponents with any sort of respectable fighting skill is Miesha Tate (her ground game). Time to move on.

First off, I've literally heard no one make the argument that Ronda is fighting "soccer moms" not even as a joke. It's as if you're arguing against a point that was never made. Debunking something that has never happened.

Even if this has happened it a minuscule percentage of Sherdog that would use this dumb logic.

Next to the can argument. These women Ronda are beating aren't necessarily cans only time will tell. The thing is she's fighting in an incredibly weak division where it's not nearly as difficult to make a run to the belt as in the men's divisions which have existed for a longer period of time.

Let's take for instance Holly Holm, who has had only 2 very unimpressive wins in the UFC, and a couple of wins vs. unknown fighters outside the UFC and then she gets a title shot. I can't even remember something like this happened in the UFC. Holm didn't even have to beat a name opponent like Meisha Tate to get a shot at the belt.

A lot, of the girls Ronda fights have an unblemished record from beating other noobs or cans. So the fact that Ronda's opponents have a higher win percentage proves nothing. Also, win/loss percentage doesn't always equal a higher level of competition. If Ronda had to fight the women's version of the fighters Jones fought in title fights no one would be able to argue that the fighters she's fighting now are better. Part of that reason is the fighters guys like Rampage, Machida, and Cormier fought are undoubtedly legends of the sport. Also, consider the fact that Rampage has 10+ losses in his career, yet he'd be the best win on Rousey's record by far if he were a woman.

Next, you make the argument that Jones, Anderson, GSP, Dos Anjos, Aldo all went undefeated for years.

First off, Dos Anjos just won the belt. He didn't go undefeated for years.

Next going on a long win streak doesn't = weak division, no one ever said this. There's a difference between cleaning out a loaded division and cleaning out a division that's virtually empty. That's what Rousey did.

McMann got a title shot off beating Shiela Gaff and her best win was probably Shana Bayszler. Since then after a gimmie opponent, shes been exposed by Tate and Nunes.

Correia and Zingano has yet to fight.

Alexis Davis is 1-0

Liz Carmouche is 2-2

Kaufman 2-1-1 both wins coming against Leslie Smith.

Tate is the only fighter to really prove she's still a high level fighter going 5-1 outside of title bouts with Rousey.

You also make the argument throughout your post that Ronda is beating x many of the top ten fighters as if that's impressive in the division she's in. It's not, think of it this way. Say I made a fight league with me and my 20 brothers, then I say I beat the top 10 fighters in my division, obviously that's not an impressive feat when you consider who I'm fighting.

As of now all men's divisions in the UFC are stronger then the women's divisions and it's by far.

Now you're accusing posters of double standards for not calling out Fedor's wild striking. Funny I, and other posters have been doing so for years, only those threads get ignored or those comments get trolled by pride fans. No one's gonna deny that Shogun's striking is wild now, that'd be insane. It's just something people came to terms with long ago that wand had completely wild striking now without really mentioning it much.

10/10 good stuff

Too much common sense/facts hurts

ilt.gif

That's some hardcore white knighting here son, you must get so laid IRL.

Until Ronda fights Cyborg, she is a paper champ.
She has the nerves of calling Jorina Baars a "nobody" that beat up Cyborg?

Cris managed to survive to a decision against Baars, on her own turf.
Ronda would get murdered by Baars in the first round.

I bet uncle dana is really proud of you Ronda fanatics, he can show the Fertitas "See guys! I told you these fat neckbeard would eat up anything Joe Rogan said, haha we're making big $$$ over these pathetic virgins guys! Oh yeah that Cyborg issue, let's ask our shills to hammer harder that she is ducking Ronda, people are starting to ask questions".

It has nothing to do with what jobs they held before fighting. It's about how most of these women started training martial arts later in life in comparison to Ronda, who's been training since she was a kid. Some of the women in the division, like Juliana Pe

Not sure if TS is a case of subtle trolling or total retardation.

Leaning toward the latter.

Thanks for he opinion, but its not correct.

First, you have to consider that in womens sports you're not going to get the same technical ability as you do in male sports.

"Your opinion is not correct"

*Agrees with opinion in next sentence*

Rousey's white knights, folks. You can't make this stuff up.

the difference is ronda was a fighter with a part time job; Those ladies had jobs and are part time fighters.

huge difference just right there.
plus RR is a born raised TMA competitor whose mother is too an TMA at Olympic level.

Imagine some random skinny/fat dude going to a gym to get swole/lean, going to MMA classes and fighting for the title in the UFC in 3 years without any combat sports background.
How likely is this?

LOL

Bethe Correia went to the gym for the first time in her life 4 years ago at the age of 28. At that stage of her life she had zero martial arts training or background.
Two weeks ago she fought for the UFC championship.

This is the level of competition WMMA is at.

Imagine a 28 year old male with zero athletic background attempting to get into MMA. He'd be murdered by the talent pool before he even got a sniff at a UFC championship.
I mean, people are making fun of the UFC for putting CM Punk on the roster. But even his WWE background is better than absolutely nothing. At least he's physically fit... He'll also probably get blasted into another universe by various mid-level fighters.

Last edited:
The real question is how can all these women who've been fighting in MMA for years be losing so quickly to a formerly homeless part time veterinary assistant/bartender?

Great stuff TS. Ronda haters are really quite in this thread, you shut them down.
giphy.gif

Back