Ronda's Real Competition: Double Standard in MMA

ForbiddenSun

The VP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The double standard on these boards are at an all time high. It's becoming so bad that we need to have some actual facts, stats and truth injected. Enjoy!

1) On the charge that Ronda is fighting

Last edited:
Too much to read, while i get the point of your thread....the males you mentioned may have had a job while training but they were training nearly their entire lives. Can the same be said about the women that Ronda fought? Ronda would fall under the same category as the men like GSP, Brock, Carwin etc that had a martial arts training background for decades before fighting or having another job

I didn't read a single word

hop_confirm_logo.gif

Don't fret bro keep at that reading thing

Ronda White Knights, MEET YOUR GOD!

I will say tho

Fedor does not have goat striking

even the mega fedor nuthuggers will say his striking was average

I agree, I don't think it's fair to discredit an opponent based on a past profession, but that still doesn't make WMMA fighters anywhere close in talent to male MMA fighters. Women's sports just don't have the talent men's sports do, and trying to suggest otherwise, is just silly.

the difference is ronda was a fighter with a part time job; Those ladies had jobs and are part time fighters.

The WMMA 135 division is full of cans.

115, a lot of solid talent coming out there for sure.

135 Claudia or JJ would run through Ronda's division my friend.

I didn't read much of it, I kinda got the jist of it - you're pissing and moaning because some people don't care about Rhonda

That's some hardcore white knighting right there.

Completely agree with TS. Using an incredibly weak excuse of "didn't read" just proves that some would rather ignore a well thought out and researched thread because they don't have a reasonable, meaningful response to counter with related to the subject matter.

Breaking down the first 12 opponents for Cyborg and Ronda only gives further insight to strength of competition as some of Cyborgs early opponents were fighting at least 2weight classes up, had dismal records and never fought again.

It's fun to have opinions but it's difficult to argue with facts. Unless someone wants to completely disregard facts altogether but why waste time communicating with people like that? Good post TS.

Fedor's striking>Ronda's striking

To be fair, I don't think anyone is saying Joanna's striking is inferior. Just look at the threads after her last fight.

Back