Ronda's boxing the best aside from Holy Holm?

Love to see Rousey's standup vs Cyborg. Would be interesting to see if rousey could overcome Cyborg's brawling style, if she was forced to have a lengthy standup exchange.

i figured it would be understood i was speaking of women and men of the same weight.

1.) yes in the ideal situation your punches start from the floor and utilize your lower body, core and upper body, but females just do not have comparable upper body strength to men of the same weight. that affects your punching power a LOT, especially in mma where you often can't plant yourself and throw properly like you can in boxing.

2.) yes females do have THE SAME or slightly more lower body strength than males of EQUAL WEIGHT. there was a study done on lower body strength and women came out with 100 to 107 percent the strength of males. now 107 percent is a small amount and is not enough to say they absolutely have more which is why i said the same or more.

3.) no, just no especially not in mma. i would say even in boxing your legs planted properly are more helping you get the most out of your core's power.

What study showed women had more lower body strength than men? Everything I've ever read on the subject concluded that, on average, women were approx 1/2 as strong as men in the upper body and approx 2/3 as strong in the lower body.

Best boxing technique? She hasn't shown enough to say for sure.

Most power? I think an argument could be made that she's the hardest hitter aside from Holly. She may hit harder than Holly but given both of their backgrounds I'm assuming Holly hits harder until it's disproven.

There are some women who have won by TKO and KO but that was usually after wearing her opponent down throughout a fight. It's rare for a female fighter to take out a fresh opponent the way Ronda took out Alexis. Alexis literally took momentarily leave of her senses and was on pure auto pilot.

I think most people expected Ronda to win but to do what she did against a fighter who's proven to be a top 5 fighter is nothing short of impressive.

She has shown enough that we can safely say she has very poor boxing

Saw this recently posted in another thread.

tyson-shadow-boxing-o.gif

Can we stop pretending like Ronda's boxing is even remotely special now?

She's tough. She walks forward throwing technical looking offense. However, things look shakey during return fire. To her credit, she will still drive forward and get ahold of you. From there, it's tough to beat her.

Back