Ronda's boxing the best aside from Holy Holm?

Germaine de Randamie is better then holm and rousey on the feet

She isn't getting knocked out cold so if she started losing she would just throw her opponent

Looked to me like her one punch on Alexis did all the damage. And didn't Marina recently lose because of one good shot and a follow up after she was floored?

As with Jones thinking he could box with Gustaffson, she's going to get herself in a spot of bother if she doesn't stick to what she is number 1 at.

She is better than people want to give her credit for. She is also constantly improving.

Ronda is certainly improving in the striking. As to second best, I don't know, but anything she adds to her arsenal only makes her more of a threat.

females have less upper body strength than males (they have about the same or slightly more lower body strength) so they raaarreely end a fight by punches.
I was under the impression that proper punching came from technique, and utilized the hips and legs, not just the upper body.

In addition, it doesn't seem to take that much raw force to hurt or KO someone, as we've seen people dropped with jabs or deceptive blows, before. I think the ladies can do it just fine, but the overall striking needs to develop.

I think Rouseys striking is underrated because her judo and ground game is so ruthless. Davis was supposed to be a real threat to Ronda standing with her kickboxing, but Ronda silenced that noise quickly.

females have less upper body strength than males (they have about the same or slightly more lower body strength)

That sounds like nonsense to me. Only, maybe, in relation to their bodyweight.

Wait a minute, you had no issue believing Ronda was KOing male heavyweight champs but her not wearing headgear was too over the top to be believable?

LOL i was gonna ask that too lol.

Could see her hurting Cat on the feet, but Cat has a tough chin

better than i expected. one thing i noticed is she doesn't "load up" or pull back her fist to get more power. often times this lets your opponent see your punch coming a mile away.

she looks good in this video but anyone can look good in short hand picked clips. i really don't think she should ever get in a boxing match anyway. females have less upper body strength than males (they have about the same or slightly more lower body strength) so they raaarreely end a fight by punches. she has a proven method end fights quickly so why box?

This post is just horrible and uninformed on so many levels.

1) KO power is not determined by upper body strength
2) Females do not have more lower body strength than males
3) Lower body strength has a lot more to do with KO power than upper body

If females had anywhere near the lower body strength of males then where are the women competing for world records in squat, vertical leap, or sprinting?

It is possible to get overconfident in your boxing and get cracked, but think she has the wits to get tagged and then get the clinch and get the fight to the floor and recover if that does happen.

Sara McMann looked like a world class boxer compared to Rousey in their fight.

Her striking is pretty mediocre. She looks great on the pads and all of that, but in a fight she looks no different than Ricardo Arona: stiff as can be, chin in the air, etc.

Her striking is pretty mediocre. She looks great on the pads and all of that, but in a fight she looks no different than Ricardo Arona: stiff as can be, chin in the air, etc.

Mediocre? That's like pure amateur, what she actually does on those clips is:
a) moving straight forward without almost no head movement (and yet has to stop stationary to actually throw harder punches)
b) staying stationary and hitting the ball (rhythm seems good tho)

Anyone with a little hand and eye coordination can learn that or better in one month. That being said, even with that level she can actually use those strikes because it's very hard to counter when you get taken down instantly.

You notice that when she hits the heavy bag that it barely moves, right? What does that tell you about her power? Her fundamentals are improving, which is not difficult considering where she was. Fortunately for her the chances of an opponent knocking her out with one shot or a combination is minimal. sooner or later the other women are going to learn to learn to slip punches with their heads and push ronda away before she gets her hips close. When they do she will be beatable.

ronda has no fear of these women catching her with a choke; so ronda's grappling on the mat is high risk, and it really pays off for her. It's the same as when ronda was 3-0 or 4-0 in Strikeforce: it's obvious that she only has one threat and that threat isn't in the 135 pound class or UFC.

Who knows what great wmma boxing is. What I do know is that her striking looks better in every fight and that's a problem for any fighter. Ronda is more in control of her division than any UFC champ right now. Say what you will but she pushes her skills constantly forward

This post is just horrible and uninformed on so many levels.

1) KO power is not determined by upper body strength
2) Females do not have more lower body strength than males
3) Lower body strength has a lot more to do with KO power than upper body

If females had anywhere near the lower body strength of males then where are the women competing for world records in squat, vertical leap, or sprinting?

i figured it would be understood i was speaking of women and men of the same weight.

1.) yes in the ideal situation your punches start from the floor and utilize your lower body, core and upper body, but females just do not have comparable upper body strength to men of the same weight. that affects your punching power a LOT, especially in mma where you often can't plant yourself and throw properly like you can in boxing.

2.) yes females do have THE SAME or slightly more lower body strength than males of EQUAL WEIGHT. there was a study done on lower body strength and women came out with 100 to 107 percent the strength of males. now 107 percent is a small amount and is not enough to say they absolutely have more which is why i said the same or more.

3.) no, just no especially not in mma. i would say even in boxing your legs planted properly are more helping you get the most out of your core's power.

Last edited:
She is not even top 20. She runs forwards and immediately tries to take down just about every opponent. She does this for a reason.

Also, the reason why she hits her opponents is b/c they fear her takedown and armbar. Not b/c of her high level boxing skills.

This and only this.

Being good on mitts is only being good on mitts. Feinting, timing, hitting and not being hit is being good at striking.

And my pick for best striker in wmma is joanna jedrzejczyk. Woman is a beast.

im a ronda fan granted but i like how all her examples of brilliant boxing skills is always on the mitts or a bag as opposed to a live opponent.

Hes striking is improving but shes no where near a good striker at this point.

Back