Ronda's boxing the best aside from Holy Holm?

Her legs are way too far apart, she drags her rear leg (foot in a bucket), and her stance doesn't stay consistent as it gets wider and wider.

She was looking good on pads before she fought the Tate rematch, but during the actual match wasn't able to actually use it (got outstruck on the feet before abandoning it for the grapple game)

---

Holm would headkick her into oblivion Rd1 if they don't go into grappling

Ronda impresses me a lot with how her boxing has developed.

Are you just talking bantamweights? Because, after Holly Holm, I wonder if strawweight Joanna Jędrzejczyk might be the best female boxer in the UFC.

Here's a gif of her K.O. of Rosi Sexton:

tumblr_n9ajtoTGs21r4c1k8o1_400.gif

~
~
Here's a gif of her knockdown of Claudia Gadelha:
PitifulConsciousBustard.gif

Good call. That chick is vicious. She caught my eye too.

If Holm could keep it standing against Rousey that would be one hell of a fight. It's a shame it has taken so long for Holm to make her debut, she is really the only legit threat in the UFC right now for Rousey.

At 135, I would probably put Kaufman and Eye ahead of her if we're just talking about pure boxing, but there's not a big gap between the 3 of them.

I think there are a few at lighter classes that have better technique than her, especially if you include people outside the UFC.

Her legs are way too far apart, she drags her rear leg (foot in a bucket), and her stance doesn't stay consistent as it gets wider and wider.

She was looking good on pads before she fought the Tate rematch, but during the actual match wasn't able to actually use it (got outstruck on the feet before abandoning it for the grapple game)

---

Holm would headkick her into oblivion Rd1 if they don't go into grappling

I don't know why people think Miesha won standing. The fight metrics show Ronda won on the feet all rounds. She both threw more punches and landed a higher percentage of punches thrown.

I don't know why people think Miesha won standing. The fight metrics show Ronda won on the feet all rounds. She both threw more punches and landed a higher percentage of punches thrown.

Maybe but she had to back down and couldn't dominate standing like she should have

Maybe but she had to back down and couldn't dominate standing like she should have

I don't think she had to back down. A fighter has to back down when (s)he is being beaten in a given area. At that point in her development she was capable of more damage on the ground so that's where the fight went. She wanted to do maximum damage as efficiently as possible and going to the ground was most efficient.

Taking the fight to the ground by choosing to throw Miesha like a rag doll because that causes more damage is different than having to throw Miesha around because Ronda was losing on the fight.

Now was Ronda good on the feet just in general? Her landing percentage was in the 60% range the first two rounds, Miesha was landing more punches than I would like, and she missed a leg kick so her striking clearly needed work. Was she good compared to Miesha? Without a doubt.

I will agree that Ronda didn't do as much damage standing as she's shown to be capable of. I think had the fight stayed standing for some reason that she would have won a decision but I doubt she would have KOed Miesha in a stand up war. She definitely would now though.

Her striking is definitely getting really good, but I think the reason for her success in the stand-up is also in part due to the fact that her opponents are extremely intimidated of her. She has the aura; most of the division is afraid.

What he said.

She's really good obviously, you can see the improvement. She needs to be careful with her power though, because I believe on the first punch she landed that ko'ed her last opponent, she broke her hand. Maybe she shouldn't throw 100%.

The throw KOed her not the punch

I think theres good reason theres no footage of her sparring? All weve seen is her throw some punches.

The throw KOed her not the punch

Alexis was out of it and just falling forward after the punch. She literally fell into Ronda's not so loving embrace.

Since Ronda decided to throw Alexis and keep hitting her instead of letting her fall to the ground we'll never know 100% if Alexis would have fallen and not gotten up.

It was over after the punch though. If Alexis had hit the floor and somehow gotten back up it's doubtful she would've had her senses about her.

It's like asking a bald man who had Homer Simpson hair, "that right there must be your favorite comb".

I go to Glendale Fight Club and have seen her spar and Ko Male heavyweight boxing champs. Don't hate people, her power is insane she ko'd a 25-0 male prospect heavyweight boxer i won't name here with 2 body shots. He was wearing full headgear Ronda being a beast that she is was no,t but dodged all his shots and boom ko.

I go to Glendale Fight Club and have seen her spar and Ko Male heavyweight boxing champs. Don't hate people, her power is insane she ko'd a 25-0 male prospect heavyweight boxer i won't name here with 2 body shots. He was wearing full headgear Ronda being a beast that she is was no,t but dodged all his shots and boom ko.

I almost fell for it. The not wearing headgear part gave away your trolling, pretty good effort though.

The Zingano fight should give us a better indication of how far her striking has come along. Should be a good fight.

I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic but I do hope she is legitimately working on her KOs and body shots.

I know some people want a long war between Cat and Ronda but I'd like the fight to end rather quickly before Cat is hurt too badly. I want to see her fight again this year not be laid up recuperating from her injuries.

Give that she has yet to demonstrate it in the cage (apart from a short fight against an individual with almost zero defensive capacities), no.

In you expert opinion then whom?

I think Jessica Eye has the 2nd best boxing in wBW division.

Back