Ronda's boxing the best aside from Holy Holm?

I almost fell for it. The not wearing headgear part gave away your trolling, pretty good effort though.

The Zingano fight should give us a better indication of how far her striking has come along. Should be a good fight.

Agreed, Zingano did not look the best her last fight esp the first round but she did fight her toughest opponent i think. We will see what happens I think Rousey will easily win still.

In WMMA? No Ronda isn't the second best, not even close.

In Bantamweight, Kaufmann, Jessica Eye, Nakamoto, Pannie Kianzad.

She boxed maybe a grand total of 2 minutes in her MMA career, you can't judge overall boxing ability too well from that.

Kaufman, Eye, Rakoczy... if she isn't retired... are better until proven otherwise

I almost fell for it. The not wearing headgear part gave away your trolling, pretty good effort though.

The Zingano fight should give us a better indication of how far her striking has come along. Should be a good fight.

Wait a minute, you had no issue believing Ronda was KOing male heavyweight champs but her not wearing headgear was too over the top to be believable?

Wouldn't surprise me if her wanting to strike rather than use her obvious strengths (Judo) is what leads to her losing. To be fair though, she has won her last two fights with strikes.

She's way too stiff. I'm surprised because in Judo you have to be strong, but loose, like a willow. But that's the problem all across MMA. Fighters aren't loose when it comes to boxing.

She's obviously not the best boxer in the division, but she's strong, aggressive, and the threat of her judo is enough to give her an advantage in most standup scenarios.

She let Alexis Davis tag her directly on the chin multiple times, so no. Rock'Em Sock'Em Robot is not an excellent style.

Her boxing looks much better when she's practicing. When she gets in the cage she just gets really aggressive and reckless. Doesn't show the decent boxing chops she has has developed. She's not a great boxer by any stretch but she's much better than she shows in her fights IMO.

qLfVQHIEXx20x2H80TNouD4vvmWvxwHW7mN8plmvCRdWTDMkq_12jXWn-f_9skab0Ywlx2uv8uZGb01eaImIdgZC5EwTunZe=w279-h528-nc

Wouldn't surprise me if her wanting to strike rather than use her obvious strengths (Judo) is what leads to her losing. To be fair though, she has won her last two fights with strikes.

IDK how likely that is since she's pretty adept at thinking on her feet and knowing what's working and what's not.

IMO her biggest threat is someone who can KO a fresh opponent with 1 punch.

She isn't getting knocked out cold so if she started losing she would just throw her opponent

She is not even top 20. She runs forwards and immediately tries to take down just about every opponent. She does this for a reason.

Also, the reason why she hits her opponents is b/c they fear her takedown and armbar. Not b/c of her high level boxing skills.

It's not great, but she actually commits to hurting people unlike 95% of female fighters so it's already better than them.

Prior to her last fight I would have said, "Hell, no!", but that 16 second destruction was predicated on her landing a perfect right cross.

Her GnP was surprisingly powerful as well.

Back