Ronda's boxing the best aside from Holy Holm?

pincmil

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Does Ronda have the best boxing skills in the women's category in MMA aside from Holly Holm?

[YT]vu9k6BD3BFg[/YT]

Give that she has yet to demonstrate it in the cage (apart from a short fight against an individual with almost zero defensive capacities), no.

I don't think Ronda's striking (let alone pure boxing) is even anywhere near top, if you are talking about pure technique.

However who knows. She might have incredible toughness and good reaction, which can often times more than make up for technical deficits in striking in MMA.

She'd KO Mayweather in a boxing match.

Does Ronda have the best boxing skills in the women's category in MMA aside from Holly Holm?

[YT]vu9k6BD3BFg[/YT]

2910pcw.jpg

Her striking is definitely getting really good, but I think the reason for her success in the stand-up is also in part due to the fact that her opponents are extremely intimidated of her. She has the aura; most of the division is afraid.

Give that she has yet to demonstrate it in the cage (apart from a short fight against an individual with almost zero defensive capacities), no.

This.

She's really good obviously, you can see the improvement. She needs to be careful with her power though, because I believe on the first punch she landed that ko'ed her last opponent, she broke her hand. Maybe she shouldn't throw 100%.

Dude, she KO'd Mexican heavyweight boxers with body shots in practice, haven't you heard?

better than i expected. one thing i noticed is she doesn't "load up" or pull back her fist to get more power. often times this lets your opponent see your punch coming a mile away.

she looks good in this video but anyone can look good in short hand picked clips. i really don't think she should ever get in a boxing match anyway. females have less upper body strength than males (they have about the same or slightly more lower body strength) so they raaarreely end a fight by punches. she has a proven method end fights quickly so why box?

She has improved greatly and one of the Few women in the Division with actual pop in her fists , it was a good shot that allowed her to land the throw into scarf hold thst she used to pound on Davis

She's really good obviously, you can see the improvement. She needs to be careful with her power though, because I believe on the first punch she landed that ko'ed her last opponent, she broke her hand. Maybe she shouldn't throw 100%.

She broke open a cyst that had been growing on her knuckle. Guess she can still throw harder.

Ronda impresses me a lot with how her boxing has developed.

Are you just talking bantamweights? Because, after Holly Holm, I wonder if strawweight Joanna Jędrzejczyk might be the best female boxer in the UFC.

Here's a gif of her K.O. of Rosi Sexton:

tumblr_n9ajtoTGs21r4c1k8o1_400.gif

~
~
Here's a gif of her knockdown of Claudia Gadelha:
PitifulConsciousBustard.gif

Ronda has terrible boxing so lets stop being silly about it. She does however have great Judo take downs and arm bar but that's about it.

[YT]vu9k6BD3BFg[/YT]

Best boxing technique? She hasn't shown enough to say for sure.

Most power? I think an argument could be made that she's the hardest hitter aside from Holly. She may hit harder than Holly but given both of their backgrounds I'm assuming Holly hits harder until it's disproven.

There are some women who have won by TKO and KO but that was usually after wearing her opponent down throughout a fight. It's rare for a female fighter to take out a fresh opponent the way Ronda took out Alexis. Alexis literally took momentarily leave of her senses and was on pure auto pilot.

I think most people expected Ronda to win but to do what she did against a fighter who's proven to be a top 5 fighter is nothing short of impressive.

She's a pretty good on offense, but her defense needs a little work still. She tends to drop her guard when she's coming in and get tagged in the face. I certainly don't think she's on the same level as Holly Holm, but Holly is not as well rounded. In a straight up boxing match Holly would kill her.

Back