Ronda Will Retire If She Loses To Alexis?

So fighters could agree to a catch weight but it can't be for a title even if the organization signed off? How do you know that for sure? I know the ACs enforces the rules and does the testing and weigh-ins but I have never heard about them controlling belts.

What if the UFC said they were going to change the weight class to 140 just so it could be for the belt and after decided to change it back to 135. How could the AC stop them? There is no time limits on how long someone can have a weight class or rules on what weight classes they are allowed. So it wouldn't be impossible regardless.

But I didn't know the UFC said she couldn't fight at a catch-weight. I have heard fighters say after a fight that their two camps decided on a catch weight. But if a belt can't be a catch weight then they could just change the weight class if they really wanted to. I don't see the point of a Gina fight period let alone one with no belt on the line. But if ppl want to pay for it, its their money I guess

You can fight at catch weight, but it cannot be for a title of a different weight class (Anderson Silva vs Stephan Bonnar). Thats the whole reason weight divisions exist, you cannot be a champion of a weight division you don't fight in.

Also, why would UFC change the whole weight class just for 1 fighter?? Makes no sense, then they would have to change male 135 division to be consistent, making the 145 division redundant. Its not like Fedor came to the UFC and wanted a new weight class (although I doubt they'd let that happen either).. its Cyborg, a steroid cheat who already destroyed WMMA in one organization

oh, i get it. so, now, you're going to pretend that you didn't say anything and that it was my own imagination that i created in my mind.

this is what you wrote:

You ronda fans are absolutely comical in how rabid you get when you put on your shiny white armor to defend her honor

what honor were you referring to? could it possibly be the accusation that rousey is refusing to fight cyborg?

i get it, you don't want to own up to what you wrote. so, you're going to deflect your moment of stupidity by using the same repetitive responses like shit, fuck, and white knight because you can't find any reason to prove rousey is refusing to fight cyborg.

the next time you decide to call someone out, at least make an effort to use some facts besides shit, fuck and white knight. you'll be taken more seriously than the fool that you are.

Whatever imaginary dichotomy you seem to have created.
It's a fact that you're fuming and sputtering like a child right now.

Shit fuck whitenkight.
Deal with it.

You can fight at catch weight, but it cannot be for a title of a different weight class (Anderson Silva vs Stephan Bonnar). Thats the whole reason weight divisions exist, you cannot be a champion of a weight division you don't fight in.

Also, why would UFC change the whole weight class just for 1 fighter?? Makes no sense, then they would have to change male 135 division to be consistent, making the 145 division redundant. Its not like Fedor came to the UFC and wanted a new weight class (although I doubt they'd let that happen either).. its Cyborg, a steroid cheat who already destroyed WMMA in one organization
Im not advocating they do it. And if they did, I would understand it in the Gina case just because you could market it as old guard vs new guard for champion of the world.

I wouldn't make any exceptions for Cyborg. Personally I feel she had more than a fair shot to come to the UFC and fight for the title. Changing weight classes to benefit someone that wouldn't sign with you or promise to stick around just to give her a competitive advantage over their current champ would be stupid.

With Gina, lets face it. Probably no chance in hell she beats Rousey so it would be just more of a marketing thing. But yeah, I wouldn't be doing squat extra for Cyborg. If she wants to fight for the title she will have to do what anyone else wouid have to do....make 135 and make a commitment to the UFC long enough for them to maximize the benefit. It still is a business and someone coming off a year suspension for steroids is in no position to be demanding anything. She was lucky IMO to even be given the opportunity to sign and fight for the title at 135. Most fighters don't get those kind of chances coming straight off steroid suspensions

So fighters could agree to a catch weight but it can't be for a title even if the organization signed off? How do you know that for sure? I know the ACs enforces the rules and does the testing and weigh-ins but I have never heard about them controlling belts.
You just said they control weigh-ins. This is why. Weightclasses have specific weight limits. This is why if a fighter is 1lb over the title fight is called off andit's just a non title fight. The UFC could petition to make a 140lb woman's division for a title that would be fought over once and then disband it but that makes no sense.

What if the UFC said they were going to change the weight class to 140 just so it could be for the belt and after decided to change it back to 135.
As I said, that would make MMA and the UFC look incredibly stupid and would cause enormous problems.

But I didn't know the UFC said she couldn't fight at a catch-weight. I have heard fighters say after a fight that their two camps decided on a catch weight. But if a belt can't be a catch weight then they could just change the weight class if they really wanted to. I don't see the point of a Gina fight period let alone one with no belt on the line. But if ppl want to pay for it, its their money I guess
Catchweight works fine under certain circumstances. There is no weightclass above 135 .. so it makes no sense whatsoever.

What Dana said is Gina is a UFC fighter, if she can make 135 she can fight. Gina said she thought she could. So what the UFC envisions is NO fight .. or a Title fight. The exact same thing they expect with Cyborg.

There isn't anyone currently signed to the UFC women's division who will beat Ronda IMO. I really thought mcmann had a good chance but we saw what happened. On a side note, mcmann looked very thin heading into that fight. Normally she is much thicker/muscular, I thought she would take ronda down at will.

You just said they control weigh-ins. This is why. Weightclasses have specific weight limits. This is why if a fighter is 1lb over the title fight is called off andit's just a non title fight. The UFC could petition to make a 140lb woman's division for a title that would be fought over once and then disband it but that makes no sense.

As I said, that would make MMA and the UFC look incredibly stupid and would cause enormous problems.

Catchweight works fine under certain circumstances. There is no weightclass above 135 .. so it makes no sense whatsoever.

What Dana said is Gina is a UFC fighter, if she can make 135 she can fight. Gina said she thought she could. So what the UFC envisions is NO fight .. or a Title fight. The exact same thing they expect with Cyborg.
I never suggested they do it. But you said it would be impossible. I simply made the point it wouldn't be. You could simply add 5 pounds to the weight class

I understand why they wouldn't though. At least with Cyborg. I think they are too worried about comparisons though as a non-title fight with Gina still sells just for the fact that how long could she realistically be expected to fight after if she did win the belt so the fight being for the belt doesn't really matter I guess. And hell, they let GSP pick Nick and skip over Hendrix because of all GSP had done and had never asked for a favor. They could easily explain allowing as a favor to Rousey a catch weight fight with Gina. I'm thinking maybe they have done some polling and know most people don't really care about that fight. Because its unlike the UFC to turn down a big payday because they are worried someone will claim they didn't do the same thing for someone who refuses to sign with them after a steroid suspension.

I can't even tell which way to expect the hype to go these days. Meh...I really don't care either way about either fights unless Cyborg makes 135 or Gina travels back in time

I never suggested they do it. But you said it would be impossible. I simply made the point it wouldn't be. You could simply add 5 pounds to the weight class
No, you can't. They would have to create a NEW weightclass for 1 fight. Weightclasses have a specific definition. They can not change it for 1 fight.

Don't think so. She seems to competitive to retire after one loss.

I'll just go right ahead and leave this here

10366039_10152133395483388_3445655662145098540_n.jpg

This is a well-thought-out, logical, and interesting post. I'm just going to consider this for a while.

No, you can't. They would have to create a NEW weightclass for 1 fight. Weightclasses have a specific definition. They can not change it for 1 fight.
Damn you get annoying quickly

They sure as fuck could

They could claim we are doing away with 135 and making it 140. And after the fight they could say whatever excuse they wanted for why they decided they were better off with the weight class at 135

The AC can not dictate to organizations the weight classes they want to have. They only make sure people fighting in those classes are at that weight

Do you have a point? Since I said repeatedly I'm not advocating they do it. I already know your role on Sherdog is to defend the UFC. So let me make this easy. I agree it wouldn't make much sense to do it. But they could. So either provide a source showing ACs control what weight classes organizations can have and that any change comes with minimal time limits or keep repeating yourself despite the fact that only you don't seem to get its possible

Damn you get annoying quickly

They sure as fuck could

They could claim we are doing away with 135 and making it 140. And after the fight they could say whatever excuse they wanted for why they decided they were better off with the weight class at 135
No you reject I tried to tell you politely, but you are so stupid you can't understand.

The weight classes are part of the unified rules of MMA fucktard. The unified rules specifiy the weight classes, the UFC does not. Do you understand now you mentally deficient retard?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2008/07/04/unified-rules-of-mma-now-includes-14-weight-classes

The UFC can not simply change them, they have to be added or altered by the Boxing commission and then by the Atheltic commissions as they are part of the CORE ruleset. Each State's AC has the final say in whether they recognize a weight class. Now do you understand moron?

Last edited:
There isn't anyone currently signed to the UFC women's division who will beat Ronda IMO. I really thought mcmann had a good chance but we saw what happened. On a side note, mcmann looked very thin heading into that fight. Normally she is much thicker/muscular, I thought she would take ronda down at will.

Ronda caught her with a well placed knee. I still think McMann caused Ronda the most problems in terms of stopping the judo throw and hitting her with some hard punches. It's a fight I would want to see again.

No you reject I tried to tell you politely, but you are so stupid you can't understand.

The weight classes are part of the unified rules of MMA fucktard. The unified rules specifiy the weight classes, the UFC does not. Do you understand now you mentally deficient retard?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2008/07/04/unified-rules-of-mma-now-includes-14-weight-classes

The UFC can not simply change them, they have to be added or altered by the Boxing commission and then by the Atheltic commissions as they are part of the CORE ruleset. Each State's AC has the final say in whether they recognize a weight class. Now do you understand moron?
LOL

Poor UFC shill

You didn't even read your own link did you! Or you would have seen this:

"Keep in mind the new divisions are suggested and not required to be adopted by state commissions. The UFC has no plans to expand past its current five weight classes."

The UFC can create whatever weight divisions it wants and for as long as it wants

Now go cry to Dana that you screwed up again and you promise to double your efforts to shill in the future. That the lack of fighter pay threads lately have left you with only defending the UFC for weak cards, taking away fighters rights to supplement their income with enforcements without adding a profit sharing for the new 100k tax, and white knighting for Rousey while dangling from Dana's teat. You are off your game. I hope your keyboard is water proof. That was quite a tantrum you just threw and I'm sure the tears are flowing:)

Maybe this will help you shilly

Organizations have to abide by athletic commissions rules for not going over weight in a weight class. That is not the same as needing their permission to set a weight class:

"Organizations will often adopt their own rules for weight limits, causing ambiguity in the sport regarding how a weight class should be defined. For a variety of reasons (largely historical), weight classes of the same name can be of vastly different weights. For example, a boxing Middleweight weighs up to 160 pounds, a UFC Middleweight upper limit is 185 lb, and a Pride FC Middleweight upper limit was 93 kg (205 lb)."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_martial_arts_weight_classes

Gina should have to earn a title shot. It would make more sense to have a Gina/Ronda fight if Ronda loses to Alexis Davis.

I would rather see Gina Carano vs. Meisha Tate.

LOL

Poor UFC shill

You didn't even read your own link did you! Or you would have seen this:

"Keep in mind the new divisions are suggested and not required to be adopted by state commissions. The UFC has no plans to expand past its current five weight classes."

The UFC can create whatever weight divisions it wants and for as long as it wants

Now go cry to Dana that you screwed up again and you promise to double your efforts to shill in the future. That the lack of fighter pay threads lately have left you with only defending the UFC for weak cards, taking away fighters rights to supplement their income with enforcements without adding a profit sharing for the new 100k tax, and white knighting for Rousey while dangling from Dana's teat. You are off your game. I hope your keyboard is water proof. That was quite a tantrum you just threw and I'm sure the tears are flowing:)

Did you even read what you quoted you moron?
Keep in mind the new divisions are suggested and not required to be adopted by state commissions.
The divisions are suggested by the BOXING commission, NOT the UFC. Then the STATE commissions adopt them, NOT the UFC. Your quote proves you wrong and you don't even comprehend it. Show me where in that source it says the UFC has the final say and can do whatever they want with weight classes because it says exactly what I said.

Not quite. Unified Rules, set out by the Association of Boxing Commissions, determine the eligible weight classes. The Athletic Commissions determine whether it's legal in their state. The UFC is not required to adopt the weight classes The Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts sets out, but any it has set out are available to them ie. they can have a Heavyweight and Middleweight division, but a promotion does not have to have a Light-Heavyweight.

The UFC can technically do whatever they want, but I think those fights need to occur on tribal reservations and would not be worthwhile monetarily.

Edit Shilly

Here is an update to your 2008 source directly on it

"In July 2008, a change to the existing classes was proposed to the Association of Boxing Commissions to expand the weight classes to 14, with most classes 10 pounds apart and a division of the current 205

Maybe this will help you shilly

Organizations have to abide by athletic commissions rules for not going over weight in a weight class. That is not the same as needing their permission to set a weight class:

"Organizations will often adopt their own rules for weight limits, causing ambiguity in the sport regarding how a weight class should be defined. For a variety of reasons (largely historical), weight classes of the same name can be of vastly different weights. For example, a boxing Middleweight weighs up to 160 pounds, a UFC Middleweight upper limit is 185 lb, and a Pride FC Middleweight upper limit was 93 kg (205 lb)."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_martial_arts_weight_classes

Wow wikipedia, comparing BOXING weights with MMA weights. Pride did not use the unified rules, which is what sets the standards for the UFC and gets the UFC licensed. Everything you post 100% supports what I said. Seriously how did you get this stupid? Since you love Wikipedia ....

Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts[edit]
The Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts designate limits for nine different weight classes in mixed martial arts. Fighters must be weighed in pounds (lb):[5]

Weight class name Upper limit
in pounds (lb) in kilograms (kg)
Flyweight 125 56.7
Bantamweight 135 61.2
Featherweight 145 65.8
Lightweight 155 70.3
Welterweight 170 77.1
Middleweight 185 83.9
Light Heavyweight 205 93.0
Heavyweight 265 120.2
Super Heavyweight No weight limit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_martial_arts_weight_classes#Unified_Rules_of_Mixed_Martial_Arts

Bye.

Back