Ronda Will Retire If She Loses To Alexis?

Wait...her pinnacle goal, her zenith, is to fight Gina Carano?

Wow, so absolutely pathetic she is for the sport.

No. Her pinnacle goal is to retire undefeated, and to leave WMMA in position where it can survive without just one fighter. Carano is the one who alowd her the opportunity in the sport and who she always imagined fighting; just like a lot of boxers would have imagined themselves fighting Ali or Leonard etc.

If Fedor was still in fighting condition and Cain had a goal of fighting him nobody would have an issue.

who cares. The UFC isn't going to create a one time weight class to accommodate a steroid freak like Cyborg, even if they could. If someone wants to put on some freakshow like Tito's last fight then go elsewhere.

Did you even read what you quoted you moron?

The divisions are suggested by the BOXING commission, NOT the UFC. Then the STATE commissions adopt them, NOT the UFC. Your quote proves you wrong and you don't even comprehend it. Show me where in that source it says the UFC has the final say and can do whatever they want with weight classes because it says exactly what I said.
LOL

Right and I originally asked you to show me what you claimed, that the AC control what weight classes someone can have. Then in response to that all you provided was a link showing proposes weight classes by the Boxing Commission not the athletic commissions where it also states its not required that the commissions accept them

And AFTER that source you posted I provided a source showing that entire thing was rejected

An organization can can set its own weight classes. A state AC can't stop them. If a particular state for whatever crazy reason said they wouldn't recognize a 140 pd women division they would just go to one that would. Other than that. The only thing they can do is make sure people are at weight. The UFC can still make its own classes and hand out its own titles. The worst case scenario would be maybe an individual state or teo's AC didn't recognize it. Which happened in boxing over different things all the time btw

Edit Shilly

Here is an update to your 2008 source directly on it

"In July 2008, a change to the existing classes was proposed to the Association of Boxing Commissions to expand the weight classes to 14, with most classes 10 pounds apart and a division of the current 205

Wow wikipedia, comparing BOXING weights with MMA weights. Pride did not usethe unified rules, which is what sets the standards for the UFC and gets the UFC licensed. Everything you post 100% supports what I said. Seriously how did you get this stupid? Since you love Wikipedia ....

Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts[edit]
The Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts designate limits for nine different weight classes in mixed martial arts. Fighters must be weighed in pounds (lb):[5]

Weight class name Upper limit
in pounds (lb) in kilograms (kg)
Flyweight 125 56.7
Bantamweight 135 61.2
Featherweight 145 65.8
Lightweight 155 70.3
Welterweight 170 77.1
Middleweight 185 83.9
Light Heavyweight 205 93.0
Heavyweight 265 120.2
Super Heavyweight No weight limit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_martial_arts_weight_classes#Unified_Rules_of_Mixed_Martial_Arts

Bye.
LOL

You are the one that brought boxing into it! And I'm not comparing boxing weights to MMA weights shilly. I posted that so you would see the relevant part where it says that different organizations set their own weight classes

Dana's other teat is feeling neglected. I will let you get back to whatever it is you do when you aren't shilling on here

LOL

Right and I originally asked you to show me what you claimed, that the AC control what weight classes someone can have. Then in response to that all you provided was a link showing proposes weight classes by the Boxing Commission not the athletic commissions where it also states its not required that the commissions accept them

And AFTER that source you posted I provided a source showing that entire thing was rejected

An organization can can set its own weight classes. A state AC can't stop them. If a particular state for whatever crazy reason said they wouldn't recognize a 140 pd women division they would just go to one that would. Other than that. The only thing they can do is make sure people are at weight. The UFC can still make its own classes and hand out its own titles. The worst case scenario would be maybe an individual state or teo's AC didn't recognize it. Which happened in boxing over different things all the time btw

Are you stupid. The CHANGE in 2008 was rejected. They wanted to take the 9 we have now and make them 14. It was not well received, and the proposal was rejected by the ABC, not the UFC moron. I already proved the ABC and commissions have 100% of the power over weight classes and the UFC zero. The weight classes are part of the unified rules ... seriously you must be trolling you can't actually be this stupid.

LOL

You are the one that brought boxing into it! And I'm not comparing boxing weights to MMA weights shilly. I posted that so you would see the relevant part where it says that different organizations set their own weight classes

Dana's other teat is feeling neglected. I will let you get back to whatever it is you do when you aren't shilling on here

The different organizations were Boxing, UFC, and Pride. Only one uses the Unified rules of MMA moron. Did you even read your own source? It was comparing BOXING to MMA weights.

UJustGotChaeld versus Skombolis for the open weight title.

I put all my money on LOLs.

Seriously read your stupid sources moron. The UFC did not and could not reject them. They weighed in and were against it. In the end the ABC rejected them. Further proof you are a complete moron and I am right. the UFC can't create or reject anything, they can lobby, and that is all. As long as they are bound by the unified rules they 100% can not do it and YOUR QUOTES and YOUR SOURCES prove your position wrong, it's hilarious.
You are losing your mind shilly!

I never said anything about the UFC creating or rejecting anything from that quote. The source that showed the ABC is who rejected them. You are giving rebuttals for arguments I didn't make when it comes to your source!

What I did show you from a different source is that organizations created their own weight classes all the time. And when they tried to stop that it was rejected. So again, if a local AC refuses to refinish a weight class (which would never happen if the UFC proposed a 140 weight class) the worst they could do is not recognize it in their state

Now if afterwards it was seen as an end-round around a catch weight someone might try to put a rule in place to prevent it from happening again. But if the UFC wanted Rousey to fight Cyborg or Gina they could easily change the weight class to 140. What's more is they wouldn't even have to change it back, making your whole tantrum moot. Women could still weigh in under and fight at the 135 weight they had been fighting at. As I believe you can be up to 8 pounds under but not over

What a pointless conversation you waste of space shill. There was nothing more than casual musing until you had to go super shill

UJustGotChaeld versus Skombolis for the open weight title.

I put all my money on LOLs.

There is no fight, he can't even read his own sources which state that the ABC and Commission are the only ones who have any say in weight classes.

who cares. The UFC isn't going to create a one time weight class to accommodate a steroid freak like Cyborg, even if they could. If someone wants to put on some freakshow like Tito's last fight then go elsewhere.
Nobody should care

It was some random hypotheticals that barely merited any discussion until super shill needed to try to prove the point that there is no way it would even be possible in any scenario for the UFC to have Rousey fight Cyborg for the title at 140. It would be as simple as changing the weight class to 140 and keeping it there. Although I think Cyborg overvalued her worth and screwed herself and if she wants to fight she should drop to 135. But some propel are so afraid that somehow, someway, that something may be construed as an attack in the UFC that they turn nothing into a huge thing. But its what they are here for. I have always defended Rousey or any champ not giving any challenger an unnecessary advantage as why would they risk a title worth millions to them over misplaced pride?

Sigh

Anyway, gonna bail now as this entire conversation never should have gotten this far

What I did show you from a different source is that organizations created their own weight classes all the time. And when they tried to stop that it was rejected. So again, if a local AC refuses to refinish a weight class (which would never happen if the UFC proposed a 140 weight class) the worst they could do is not recognize it in their state

No, you posted a wiki wource saying weight classes in COMBAT sports are ambiguous. Boxing uses one set of classes, the UFC another, and Pride used another set.

It was basically saying Boxing and MMA use different weight classes. I posted and proved that weight classes are part of unified rules and can NOT simply be created at whim. I also proved that the ABC and state commissions are the only ones who can create them, never ever the UFC. The UFC would have to petition the ABC, who would have to approve it, and then State commissions adopt it. That is how it works.

The different organizations were Boxing, UFC, and Pride. Only one uses the Unified rules of MMA moron. Did you even read your own source? It was comparing BOXING to MMA weights.
And AGAIN....that wasn't why I posted it

I posted it so you would read that it is common for different organizations to set their own weight classes

And an individual state AC not recognizing it would be the worst they could do. They couldn't prevent it. There also is no rule as to how long an organization must keep a weight class in place. And it also wouldn't have to be a one fight change, even though it could be. If the UFC wanted to make sure every state recognizes it they simply would keep the weight class at 140

You are insane if you think a 140 pd women's division, changed from 135, wouldn't be recognized. The only reason the UFC hasn't looked to change it or add a second higher class is that it isn't worth it to them as there is not enough talent to justify it. But if they really wanted to create it because they had a couple of do-called super fights and then look for future talent at 140 vs 135 they could easily do that to as the extra 5 pounds wouldn't be a big deal as many 135ers cut weight as it is

No, you posted a wiki wource saying weight classes in COMBAT sports are ambiguous. Boxing uses one set of classes, the UFC another, and Pride used another set.

It was basically saying Boxing and MMA use different weight classes. I posted and proved that weight classes are part of unified rules and can NOT simply be created at whim. I also proved that the ABC and state commissions are the only ones who can create them, never ever the UFC. The UFC would have to petition the ABC, who would have to approve it, and then State commissions adopt it. That is how it works.
And what would happen if an individual state commission didn't recognize it?

Nothing

It would simply mean that state didn't recognize it. They would just have the fight in a state that would. And what state wouldn't allow them to change the 135 to 140? Or if you had 2 it would be 135 and 145. None.

The entire idea that the fight could only happen at 135 is ludicrous. But it doesn't make any sense for the UFC to pursue the higher weight class since in reality all it would be doing is giving a competitive edge to a contender over their current champion. A point I made pages ago. But you had to come flying in with its impossible and this and that because of what I can only assume was some perceived slight you thought I was making towards the UFC. Even though my posts made it crystal clear I agreed it made no sense for them to do

So argument for the sake of arguing? Defending the UFC when there was no reason to? What exactly was your reason for challenging my post? Other than the obvious that I called you out prior over your non-stop defending of the UFC on everything, all the time, with everyone.

So pretend this is about whatever you want. We both know what it really is

Last edited:
pretty pathetic ronda wants to fight the woman that opened the door for her 5 years past her fighting prime just to feel good about herself.

No, she wants to fight Gina because it will be a huge payday. Gina will bring enough media attention and PPV buys to get Rhonda some serious cash.

That's why she wants the fight. She wants to feel good in the wallet.

Back