Ronda will never return to the UFC

I agree with you on that, but from what it seems it will take a while until Ronda's out of cash and decide to get back, so the overall idea is valid, just too soon to call it.

On the other hand, the biggest issue is really the fact that Holm exposed 3+ Ronda's flaws that could be used to defeat her, and now the whole division is aware of that, so on the other hand the whole WMMA grew a lot wiser from UFC 192 to 194 in the blink of an eye. I don't think there's a single person who could say that they knew Ronda had so many flaws.

Ronda's flaws being:
- Terrible stand-up technique, including no head movement
- Judo throws can be used on reverse
- Her armbars can be evaded
- Mind keeping the distance no matter what and Ronda will have nothing for you

I hope you realize every fighter has flaws. Ronda has the best grappling in the division by far and her striking isn't bottom level in the division. She can't stand and strike with Holly or Valentina but nobody else can either. If you think every woman in the division is going to be able to duplicate what Holly did then you're going to be disappointed.

I'm actually pretty annoyed that she hasn't even booked a fight since Holly. I'm a massive Ronda apologist, and I'm starting to ponder...

She was in the right place at the right time.

The stars aligned so well for her.

She now has millions in the bank.

Honda really has no desire to fight which is just sad if you think about it. Makes me believe she really was a bully who believed her own hype.

But make no mistake: Honda was and is good for the UFC and was a dominant champion in her run. She can still easily compete but without the invisible aura she had.

Holly vs Ronda will still be huge despite holly losses. Don't be ridiculous guys. Remember Manny getting knocked out, did that hurt Manny vs Mayweather? No, losses don't matter as much as they used to Ronda wants revenge and the biggest match to make is Ronda vs Holly.

I hope you realize every fighter has flaws. Ronda has the best grappling in the division by far and her striking isn't bottom level in the division. She can't stand and strike with Holly or Valentina but nobody else can either. If you think every woman in the division is going to be able to duplicate what Holly did then you're going to be disappointed.
Every fighter has flaws, but only Ronda got more than 3 flaws exposed in a single fight. That doesn't she's the only fighter with 4 flaws or more.

I'm not saying that she's a terrible fighter, but since Ronda only has one trick and about 4 or more ways to be defeated, it's a better deal for her to be kept as a super fighter who got owned just once and left than to try/keep fighting and get more victories as well as more losses.

Lastly, Ronda's striking is largely overrated, everything else I agree with you. Could you imagine what would happen if she fights Cyborg now? Her striking is bad because she always taken one or two punches, then get into the clinch and take the fight down, she never expected to be punched a dozen times until the clinch happened.

Anyone who has seen her twitter account will notice she doesnt even tweet about MMA related stuff. Its like the day she lost.....all her interest in the sport just died

I was just saying this to a friend of mine who asked about her. I'd be pretty surprised if she comes back. Too much of a mental strain on her IMO.

She's coming back. She's just taking a little time away from competing. She's been competing since she was 11 years old with judo and then mma. She's earned a break and a chance to have a somewhat normal life for a year.

Ronda people's just brought Ufc. She is still doing commercials for Ufc. She is coming back after surgery.

Really? BW has evolved since November 2015? It's stacked now?

I mean, I get Ronda was very much hated on here but she lost 1 fight, let's not make it out to be like she is all of a sudden some scrub. I do think the loss has affected her, but let's not go completely overboard.

I don't regard threads like this as anything other than sad shitposts and wishful thinking.
Ronda could destroy many of the top contenders in recent months.

She won't come back and if she does it will be against someone everyone knows she can beat. The ko loss really destroyed her confidence and her brand.

She was basically the ultimate bully who once she got beat run away. I have never seen a fighter react to a loss like her.

It's true. She acted like this bad ass competitor but got exposed as a bit of a front runner. What's her excuse for this long layoff? Before she did both movies and fighting. Since the loss it's like she's has no passion for fighting anymore..

Back