Ronda will never return to the UFC

Cca-6_rW0AEzp_D.jpg
giphy.gif

The worst she ever did to make her hated was not shaking someones hand. Oh, and Rogan using hyperbole.

Compare that to pretty much any male fighter out there, and realize just how of a big thing sexism is.

Lol, no.

I couldnt stand the whole "Ronda show". Drove me crazy. One of my favorite all time MMA moments was the Holly fight.

I agree Ronda didnt ever really do anything herself to become so hated.
However its not sexism that causes the hate, thats absolutely ridiculous.

It's that we all had her shoved down our throats constantly.

"Ronda is a once in a lifetime athlete"
"Ronda is the greatest athlete in all sports"
"Ronda is the most dominant fighter ever"

Rogan actually said once that Ronda had the best arm bar technique in all of mma including the men !!!!!

Think about how insane and aggravating that was to hear all the time.
So yes, I agree Ronda herself has not brought on all the hate, but in no way whatsoever is it sexism.
Ronda wont come back.
The smoke and mirror show is over.
If you think about it she is very similar to a boy band situation.

She gets nicely packaged up by a promoter. Hyped up way beyond her abilities until she actually believes the hype. Then eventually reality sets in and everyone realizes (including her) and the whole show comes crashing down.

The worst she ever did to make her hated was not shaking someones hand. Oh, and Rogan using hyperbole.

Compare that to pretty much any male fighter out there, and realize just how of a big thing sexism is.
oh you

It's almost sad that Ronda fans have to wait for other fighters to compete and try to twist that into a victory for Rousey. I appreciate being loyal, but she left her fans high and dry.

I would still like to see Ronda return if she were dedicated to training and improving. I dislike her personality, but always enjoyed her fights. Difficult to say how well she would do, just that I would be intrigued to witness it.

Really? BW has evolved since November 2015? It's stacked now?

I mean, I get Ronda was very much hated on here but she lost 1 fight, let's not make it out to be like she is all of a sudden some scrub. I do think the loss has affected her, but let's not go completely overboard.
I agree with you on that, but from what it seems it will take a while until Ronda's out of cash and decide to get back, so the overall idea is valid, just too soon to call it.

On the other hand, the biggest issue is really the fact that Holm exposed 3+ Ronda's flaws that could be used to defeat her, and now the whole division is aware of that, so on the other hand the whole WMMA grew a lot wiser from UFC 192 to 194 in the blink of an eye. I don't think there's a single person who could say that they knew Ronda had so many flaws.

Ronda's flaws being:
- Terrible stand-up technique, including no head movement
- Judo throws can be used on reverse
- Her armbars can be evaded
- Mind keeping the distance no matter what and Ronda will have nothing for you

Fuck me, this thread couldn't be more wrong.

I was just as happy as the next guy to watch her get smashed by Holm, but it was fun having her around. She is an outstanding heel and brings a lot of entertainment to the division and sport.

She will be back soon enough.

Exactly. Whatever "bad things" she might have done, it's all pretty minor when compared to many other fighters that don't get nearly as much hate. It's even pretty minor when compared to the average person. I'm pretty sure 98% of the people who participate in this forum are way worse human beings than her.

She was extremely hyped, but that's not really her fault. She did do amazing things in the sport. She did destroy 99% of the girls she fought.

I would still like to see Ronda return if she were dedicated to training and improving. I dislike her personality, but always enjoyed her fights. Difficult to say how well she would do, just that I would be intrigued to witness it.

Improve? With Edmond?

Really? BW has evolved since November 2015? It's stacked now?

I mean, I get Ronda was very much hated on here but she lost 1 fight, let's not make it out to be like she is all of a sudden some scrub. I do think the loss has affected her, but let's not go completely overboard.

Sherdoggers are just stupid

Ronda is doing what a lot of current UFC fighter wish they could do, which is transition to Hollywood make cash without putting mileage on their bodies .....

She may never come back, look at Gina ...

She seems to be doing okay..

Lol, no.

I couldnt stand the whole "Ronda show". Drove me crazy. One of my favorite all time MMA moments was the Holly fight.

I agree Ronda didnt ever really do anything herself to become so hated.
However its not sexism that causes the hate, thats absolutely ridiculous.

It's that we all had her shoved down our throats constantly.

"Ronda is a once in a lifetime athlete"
"Ronda is the greatest athlete in all sports"
"Ronda is the most dominant fighter ever"

Rogan actually said once that Ronda had the best arm bar technique in all of mma including the men !!!!!

Think about how insane and aggravating that was to hear all the time.
So yes, I agree Ronda herself has not brought on all the hate, but in no way whatsoever is it sexism.
Ronda wont come back.
The smoke and mirror show is over.
If you think about it she is very similar to a boy band situation.

She gets nicely packaged up by a promoter. Hyped up way beyond her abilities until she actually believes the hype. Then eventually reality sets in and everyone realizes (including her) and the whole show comes crashing down.

Hating her due to sexism is probably a more valid reason. You're saying people dislike her because of other people's actions. That's ridiculous. That would be like me hating you because another poster mentioned you in his post. Do you see how idiotic that is?

Mcgregor did a lot to hype his fights. The UFC, the media and the feminists did a lot to hype ronda up. She was lucky that BW was not as stacked back then and the feminists and lesbians fell in love with her

Who are all these new world class fighters they've added to the division in the past 8 months since Ronda last fought? We have Valentina. Who else?

Good gracious. Yes she will fight again and then people will act like nobody said she wouldn't fight again because this is sherdog.

Back