Ronda will never return to the UFC

As much as people hate on her, she represented the sport well in the sense that she was great on TV interviews, didn't get in trouble with the cops or drugs.

The worst she ever did to make her hated was not shaking someones hand. Oh, and Rogan using hyperbole.

Compare that to pretty much any male fighter out there, and realize just how of a big thing sexism is.

After her loss to Holly and watching fighters like Valentina, Nunes and now Cyborg entering the UFC, I don't really see her coming back after being away so long. Between the hype from the UFC, her wins over some good opponents and some weak ones combined with the way she presented herself before and after the Holly foght, its telling what her mentality is like. Rhonda comes across as the kind of person who will take her ball when the playing field is even or a challenge. Shame from an Olympian. The other thought is she is trying to make more money in entertainment from products like UFC2 video game and movies. Just don't see her as talented enough for a lasting Hollywood career.

Cca-6_rW0AEzp_D.jpg
Honda lookin quite housey... or horsey. Real or photoshopped?

Nunes destroys ronda. Ronda has no advantage over her. Ronda is done and she is scared to lose for a 2nd time. Maybe she could have handled losing by decision or sub to holm but to get violently KO'd changed her.

Oh, and Rogan using hyperbole.

It wasn't just Rogan. Rousey was drinking her own Kool Aid as well.

Rousey claimed :

- she could beat her entire division with one hand

- she could beat all the male BWs lol

- and she could beat Cain ffs

And I'm sure there is more but my point is made.

It wasn't just Rogan. Rousey was drinking her own Kool Aid as well.

Rousey claimed :

- she could beat her entire division with one hand

- she could beat all the male BWs lol

- and she could beat Cain ffs

And I'm sure there is more but my point is made.

So, she was hyping her fights by saying she could beat most everyone? Oh, that we have never heard of before!

Is Roadhouse ever happening? Last I checked, IMDB was still essentially blank.

Really? BW has evolved since November 2015? It's stacked now?

I mean, I get Ronda was very much hated on here but she lost 1 fight, let's not make it out to be like she is all of a sudden some scrub. I do think the loss has affected her, but let's not go completely overboard.
It was already evolving. They just hadn't worked their way up the ranks yet.
Meisha has always been good, but Ronda was a bad matchup for her style. Meisha also got luck against Holly.

All fights start on the feet and I think the air of invincibility is gone.
Agreed with most everything you say but it should be noted that the air of invincibility only existed to complete idiots.

Confidence is a bad thing?

And no, she did not. I.e. the Cain thing was almost as exaggerated as the Mayweather-thing.

She was high on her own hype and she believed it all. That is why her enormous ego could not deal with the loss when Holm kicked reality into her face.

And thanks for bringing up Mayweather. I accidently left that one out.

I don't think much of her legacy either. Instead of responding to a loss like a champion, and getting back to work she split and made movies. The division has grown without her and maybe evolved beyond her.

She was basically the ultimate bully who once she got beat run away. I have never seen a fighter react to a loss like her.

Back