Ronda vs Tate wins submission of the year - MMAFighting

You're aware of all of this, yet you're still mad?

Maybe MMA isn't for you, lol

No, WMMA isn't for me. There's a difference. Until there's actually some viable, intriguing fights that are going to happen in WMMA, it's not for me

No, WMMA isn't for me. There's a difference. Until there's actually some viable, intriguing fights that are going to happen in WMMA, it's not for me

Then don't pay attention to it. Save yourself some rage

I'm pretty sure that this was opened up for the public to vote on, so I think it might be more of a popularity contest

but Ronda isn't as popular as Dana thinks, how could this be?

but Ronda isn't as popular as Dana thinks, how could this be?

The guy was thinking of Fighter's Only awards which are publicly voted. This was picked by a writer for MMAFighting.com

Tate's unwillingness to tap and Ronda's determination to get the tap, twisting Tate's arm back more and more.

Tells a great story. Tate didn't want to give Ronda the satisfaction, but Ronda absolutely forced her to tap out.

i thought the ref finally waived it off when he realized her arm had snapped.

ronda rousey hype train continues

Nate-Diaz-submits-Jim-Miller-Zuffa-e1336290005451.jpg

Not a big fan of Nate Diaz. But I like his BJJ and think it's great. His guillotine on Jim Miller was nasty, and I think could be #1. It was so nasty and tight Jim Miller's tongue was stuck out.

I think Fedor should have won..... His had more technique!

fih1355001430414.jpg

Nate-Diaz-submits-Jim-Miller-Zuffa-e1336290005451.jpg

Not a big fan of Nate Diaz. But I like his BJJ and think it's great. His guillotine on Jim Miller was nasty, and I think could be #1. It was so nasty and tight Jim Miller's tongue was stuck out.

Ya that was a good one too. I remember thinking Miller was going to bite his tongue off it was so tight

I hear ya man. The hate for wmma around here is ridiculous. It really comes off as a bunch of dudes being trying to mask their insecure homosexuality with chauvinistic sexism.

Many people who have voiced against wmma for whatever reason have given legitimate reasons why. Theres no need for emotionally charged insults towards people who disagree with you.

Many people who have voiced against wmma for whatever reason have given legitimate reasons why. Theres no need for emotionally charged insults towards people who disagree with you.

They have voiced their opinions, whether it be respectful or with chauvinistic sexism, but noone has given a legitimate reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have voiced their opinions, whether it be respectful or with chauvinistic sexism, but noone has given a legitimate reason.

There's no competition or intriguing match ups and Ronda's opponent all show a lack of skill in that they don't know how to properly defend an arm bar. All kudos for Ronda for being a big fish in a small pond, but that's what WMMA is

Nah he's right, crossing the ankle gives them an opportunity to escape unless both arms are in. Even if Vinny won every bjj tournament in the world, a mistake is a mistake.

how is it a mistake when it elicits a tap? You're such a bjj genius.

how is it a mistake when it elicits a tap? You're such a bjj genius.

Gotta agree with this guy. Obviously technique has a place, but at the end of the day functionality is what's most important. Also, it's hard to take someone seriously who gives BJJ advice to like a 7x grappling world champion. I don't think Vinny's too worried

Gotta agree with this guy. Obviously technique has a place, but at the end of the day functionality is what's most important. Also, it's hard to take someone seriously who gives BJJ advice to like a 7x grappling world champion. I don't think Vinny's too worried

Wanna really blow their mind?
You don't even have to put the second leg over your opponent. You can actually tuck your foot under the body and use the shin against the ribs to keep the person from rolling into the arm bar. It's used by catch wrestlers and more advanced JiuJitsu guys from positions like side mount because its a much faster setup and harder to counter.

There's been better subs and even better armbars this year.

Wanna really blow their mind?
You don't even have to put the second leg over your opponent. You can actually tuck your foot under the body and use the shin against the ribs to keep the person from rolling into the arm bar. It's used by catch wrestlers and more advanced JiuJitsu guys from positions like side mount because its a much faster setup and harder to counter.

Hmm interesting. From what you're describing it sounds like you could also then use your tucked in foot to kind of roll the opponent over a bit and extend their arm further or the foot could provide a base to help provide power to your hips if you're really trying to break their arm. Either way, thanks for the input sounds like something more fighters could try and do cause a lot of them seem to lose their arm bar when they try and get both legs over the opponent

Back