Ronda vs Tate wins submission of the year - MMAFighting

she has fought 9 times 6 pro, 3 ammy, 8 of her armbars came in less than a minute, all of her armbars came in the first round.

I have a hard time believing even the best male submission grapplers can do that to the lowest level male mma fighters. Royce Gracie wasn't even that successful in his first 9 ufc fights and his opponents were significantly less talented and knowledgeable than Ronda's.

Cody Mckenzie has double the amount of guillotines that Ronda has armbars. Cody Mckenzie for submission of the year everybody!

it is pretty impressive when you consider that you know it's coming and you still can't stop it.

This.

Run the same play until they stop it

This.

Run the same play until they stop it

Cody Mckenzie guillotines everybody, but when he does it it's because it's against a lack of talent, but when Ronda pulls off the same move it's to be applauded time after time. At least keep the standards fair and equal for everybody

Cody Mckenzie guillotines everybody, but when he does it it's because it's against a lack of talent, but when Ronda pulls off the same move it's to be applauded time after time. At least keep the standards fair and equal for everybody

No one has stopped her from doing it yet.

She's batting 1.000

can't be serious, I feel as if that was more of Tate's lack of defense, Vinny's was masterful how he used his leg for momentum to pendulum himself in to the mounted armbar.

As someone else confirmed, Miesha tried to perform an escape but she didn't have the position right and instead turned away from the armbar further extending her arm and causing her even more pain so yeah Miesha's sub defence was lacking. It was sheer will keeping her from tapping till the end, not submission defence.

Not to mention but you'd think a submission of the year would be instantaneously deadly, not require 3 different attempts to force the tap, as well as having the hold in place for long periods of time before eliciting a tap. Vinny had Igor tapping the moment it was locked in, not 30 seconds later.

As someone else confirmed, Miesha tried to perform an escape but she didn't have the position right and instead turned away from the armbar further extending her arm and causing her even more pain so yeah Miesha's sub defence was lacking. It was sheer will keeping her from tapping till the end, not submission defence.

Not to mention but you'd think a submission of the year would be instantaneously deadly, not require 3 different attempts to force the tap, as well as having the hold in place for long periods of time before eliciting a tap. Vinny had Igor tapping the moment it was locked in, not 30 seconds later.

You're really bent out of shape over this aren't you?

No one has stopped her from doing it yet.

She's batting 1.000

Big fish in a small pond. All the congratulations to her for being above her competition, but it's to be noted as well the talent disparity. Has she ever even faced a black belt in BJJ or at least a brown/purple?

Big fish in a small pond. All the congratulations to her for being above her competition, but it's to be noted as well the talent disparity. Has she ever even faced a black belt in BJJ or at least a brown/purple?

She's got to get it to the ground before any of that comes into play.

You're really bent out of shape over this aren't you?

I just feel the hype and love for her has gotten extremely out of hand. And yeah if someone's going to try and argue why Ronda's armbar should be submission of the year, at least have valid points to justify it

She's got to get it to the ground before any of that comes into play.

She's a 4th degree black belt in judo and an Olympic medalist in judo. Getting the fight to the ground is her specialty...

I just feel the hype and love for her has gotten extremely out of hand. And yeah if someone's going to try and argue why Ronda's armbar should be submission of the year, at least have valid points to justify it

Why do you guys have a problem with fighters getting "hype and love"?

Bunch of miserable people on this site

I just came in here to lol at the shertards criticizing vinny's armbar and tate's defense. What a buncha noobs you all are.. caralho!

She's a 4th degree black belt in judo and an Olympic medalist in judo. Getting the fight to the ground is her specialty...

Oh my gosh! You mean a fighter is using their skills to win the fight?!?!?!?

Holy shit!!! What a revelation!!

I don't particularly like Rousey but that armbar was brutal as fuck. I don't know if I'd pick that to be Submission of the Year but I can't really bitch about it because it was nasty and Tate is one of the few Women MMA fighters that against Rousey I would give some sort of decent chance to beat

Why do you guys have a problem with fighters getting "hype and love"?

Bunch of miserable people on this site

Cause it's gotten excessive, people are talking about her like she's the greatest thing ever. She's a lot like Royce was in the earlier UFCs, she simply is taking advantage of a gap in her opponent's knowledge. Ya that's what you're supposed to do obviously, but I'd say it's fair to say by now that a lot of her opponents either don't know how to defend an arm bar, or just aren't that good. Yeah Tate and Kauffman were champs but being champs of a barely existent division isn't worth much. I'd give her her due if she were to beat Cyborg, not fight fighters like Carmouche. And don't give me that they're in different divisions, a year ago Ronda was fighting at 145. She's been a bantamweight since March. I get it that it's not her fault that the UFC made their women's "division" 135, but she's hopped around in weight before

Hybridfusion_3dwmv002.gif

I like it alot maybe not best but top ten.

Cause it's gotten excessive, people are talking about her like she's the greatest thing ever. She's a lot like Royce was in the earlier UFCs, she simply is taking advantage of a gap in her opponent's knowledge. Ya that's what you're supposed to do obviously, but I'd say it's fair to say by now that a lot of her opponents either don't know how to defend an arm bar, or just aren't that good. Yeah Tate and Kauffman were champs but being champs of a barely existent division isn't worth much. I'd give her her due if she were to beat Cyborg, not fight fighters like Carmouche. And don't give me that they're in different divisions, a year ago Ronda was fighting at 145. She's been a bantamweight since March. I get it that it's not her fault that the UFC made their women's "division" 135, but she's hopped around in weight before

You're aware of all of this, yet you're still mad?

Maybe MMA isn't for you, lol

Back