Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm UFC 195 (Poll)

They'll need Greg Jackson to sell this one bad to me, Edmund style, for me to start believing.

'Holm is training every day with Jon Jones, she's stuffing all his takedowns, outworking him in the clinch, she even does all his coke and it doesn't even phase her'

Holly needs a few more fights under her belt but after this fight Rhonda is going away for a year so they are rushing it

Holly is 2 years away from being too old to fight

Holly's style might last him more than 36 seconds...we will get to see Ronda fight someone with better footwork...I'd like to see it so i can decide if she does have something for Money May...

Hype a fighter as the women to beat Ronda, and then change their mind and say it's a mismatch.

That's the Sherdog Way.

This takes me back to all those threads from not even a year ago, where sherdoggers claimed that Dana White was protecting his crush (and possible sex partner) Ronda Rousey by refusing to sign the fearsome knockout artist Holly Holm who would surely destroy her easily.

This might be a good fight, Ronda probably wants to show off her striking, it'll probably be entertaining but i think she has to resort to grappling sooner or later, and then it's all over.

Rousey will probably win fairly easily. The only wildcard in this fight imo is Greg Jackson we may see someone fight Rousey with a gameplan.
Jackson was in Kaufman's corner when she fought Rousey. After that fight he said Kaufman was unlucky because she just got "caught" with an arm bar. :)

Will be interesting to see if Holm can run circles around Ronda for 25 min :icon_chee
I'll be looking forward to seeing Rousey vs. Holm.

After that, hopefully Pannie Kianzad (8-0) will make it to the UFC from Invicta FC and will be working her way to a title shot.
God I really hope she beats Evinger. Have been feeling about that fight.

They'll need Greg Jackson to sell this one bad to me, Edmund style, for me to start believing.

'Holm is training every day with Jon Jones, she's stuffing all his takedowns, outworking him in the clinch, she even does all his coke and it doesn't even phase her'

..." just last week she was involved in a hit and run. She took all her cash with her the first time so she didn't need to return. She's unstoppable."

the UFC is a joke. Its WWE style sports entertainment where they pick the champions then carefully choose who they fight and make sure they are favorable matchups every time.

And Rousey is the biggest coward in the UFC.

you're pretty funny guy. i like you. why because cyroid? dont act like champs go up in weight all time. why doesn't mouse go up? there's clearly no comp for him at 125. what was stopping jones? champs dont make concessions to challengers bruh

Holm's Coaches came out and said she was ready for this fight and wanted it. That's what the UFC had been waiting for since they signed her. Same people who are crying about this match up would have been crying over a third Tate fight.

Rousey vs. Holm

Tate vs. Nunes (I hope) makes sense

Also I don't get why people say Holm is not ready as if she was PVZ thrown to the wolves. She was in contact sports for longer than Ronda, is six years older than her and never showed much improvement in MMA. She won't get better.
Your second bold item answers the first.

extremely rushed title shot but this is what you get in a division this shallow, probably more interesting than tate/ronda 3 which were both sideshows

Still, I don't understand why Tate is out all of a sudden.

I guess Dana White read some tweets or sherdog threads saying nobody wants to see Rousey/Tate III, while apparently forgetting that Miesha Tate is the 2nd most popular women's mma fighter in the world (by a mile), has millions of fans and has earned her way back to a title shot.

the UFC is a joke. Its WWE style sports entertainment where they pick the champions then carefully choose who they fight and make sure they are favorable matchups every time.

And Rousey is the biggest coward in the UFC.

Oh my God, you are pathetic.

I thought Ronda vs Tate 3 was confirmed. Well, at least it's somebody new, so good news I guess.

Do you guys think Holm is ready? Is she being rushed?

I don't think Holm will ever be ready. She's 33 and just doesn't have enough time to learn the skill sets necessary to beat Rousey before her athleticism starts to decline.

Still, Jackson came out and said she's ready so I don't blame either of them for making the fight. Holm gets a guaranteed payday and what might be her best chance for a competitive fight. Rousey adds another fighter to her belt. And the UFC gets to market the fight as boxing vs MMA.

Holm's Coaches came out and said she was ready for this fight and wanted it. That's what the UFC had been waiting for since they signed her. Same people who are crying about this match up would have been crying over a third Tate fight.

Rousey vs. Holm

Tate vs. Nunes (I hope) makes sense

Where did the coaches say that though? I know about this...
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/4...ikely-ready-for-rousey-following-tate-trilogy

... but that means she'll be ready *after* Tate... thus needing more time (not a ton, but still, everything counts).

This might be a good fight, Ronda probably wants to show off her striking, it'll probably be entertaining but i think she has to resort to grappling sooner or later, and then it's all over.

i'm curious if ronda is just going to come out guns blazing beserker mode again? mind it's worked but it seems like a bad idea against someone who has the striking repertoire that holm has. holly is going to get crushed but she has 2 small windows of success. 1. ronda comes out in mindless beserker mode and just gets caught with a clean shot or 2. holly can do the impossible and outpoint and dance with ronda for 5 rounds

Back