Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm UFC 195 (Poll)

Holm is not getting any better or younger. Shell never have what it takes to beat ronda so you might as well throw her in there now.

I think you mean "get it over with now".

you must be used to being wrong all the time, that generic internet retort rolled right off your tongue

How was he wrong? He just said brawling with Cyborg wouldn't work. How many times have you seen Cyborg lose a brawl?.. He didn't say anything about her being a great counter puncher, you instantly assumed that. Cyborg wins brawls.. every time..

Holm is 9-0, 2-0 in the UFC. It was the only logical option. No way they would have made people buy into Rousey/Tate 3. That's just ridiculous.

My guess is that they're feeding Tate to Cyborg.

Miesha deserves it a lot more. but I don't think Holm gets past any top5 fighter so they are making the "Ronda vs boxing champion undefeated in MMA" fight before she gets derrailed by a Zingano or a Nunes.

Holm is 9-0, 2-0 in the UFC. It was the only logical option. No way they would have made people buy into Rousey/Tate 3. That's just ridiculous.

My guess is that they're feeding Tate to Cyborg.

I was thinking the same thing, catchweight Tate. Holm had to step up.

I feel bad for Holm. I don't think she's ready for this, but the time is right.

7/10 will watch at a bar.

All the sudden Holm' s boxing is worse than Ronda and she has bad TD defense.

Great put a striker in who is admittedly technically good, but has 0 punching power and limited grappling ability. Nunes should have got the fight, at least she could pose some problems for Ronda.The only positive thing is Holms is a clear step up from Bethe. All though she may have less power and aggression.

I hope Holms proves me wrong uses her fight IQ. Maybe she can frustrate Ronda by sticking and moving, and gets the UD.

Agree

Holms greatest strength is fight IQ. Also her range. That being said, her striking power is limited (and of now she is still working on opening up). Once Rousey grabs her, its done

Im excited about this mainly because i want to see RR tear her arm off and give her something to really yell about. She is the only fighter I hate based on the sounds they make.

Edit- Got my blue belt on an Anti HH post. Life is good.

No!

Should have been Tate. I don't want Holm fighting her yet. Too early. I am actually upset by this.

She's ranked #9. At least build up an opponent.

Wrong^

If they tried to build Holm up properly, she would most likely lose before getting to Rousey, and UFC would lose the opportunity for Rousey to fight the "undefeated boxing world champion".

Like someone already said, Holm is not getting any younger, .... or better.

This is terrible. Holm is not ready. I'm starting to buy into the coddling narrative...

Miesha deserves it a lot more. but I don't think Holm gets past any top5 fighter so they are making the "Ronda vs boxing champion undefeated in MMA" fight before she gets derrailed by a Zingano or a Nunes.

This is the reason right here. Holm is likely to lose to Tate, Nunes, Pena, and maybe some others. Ronda needs to hit that while it still has some juice left. If I was the UFC, I would give Miesha a squash fight on the same card as a backup. I wouldn't give her Cyborg because I give Miesha a decent (30-35% ish) chance to win that fight, especially if it is a 5 rounder headlining a Fight Night card.

Holm's strategy will be to scream into Ronda's ear until she submits.

All the sudden Holm' s boxing is worse than Ronda and she has bad TD defense.

Hype a fighter as the women to beat Ronda, and then change their mind and say it's a mismatch.

That's the Sherdog Way.

That's fine. I'd rather see that than Ronda toss Miesha around a third time. I guess they can always still do that, but still... the less rematches the better imo.

Back