Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm UFC 195 (Poll)

No!

Should have been Tate. I don't want Holm fighting her yet. Too early. I am actually upset by this.

She's ranked #9. At least build up an opponent.

Holm will never have the slightest chance in hell against Ronda. Makes no difference if she fights her now or after year and a half.

I'll be looking forward to seeing Rousey vs. Holm.

After that, hopefully Pannie Kianzad (8-0) will make it to the UFC from Invicta FC and will be working her way to a title shot.

Holm will never be ready she isn't getting any better just older. She's undefeated and a champion boxer might as well take advantage of this storyline before some one gets a split decision win over her

Holly needs a few more fights under her belt but after this fight Rhonda is going away for a year so they are rushing it

If they do Tate/Cyborg, why would they do it at a catchweight? Cyborg signed on to fight at 135, I think if that match is made it is to ensure Cyborg can actually do 135. If she does, and gets passed Tate then Ronda/Cyborg is a def go.

I find it amazing that anyone is whining about this fight.

Everyone was whining about Rousey-Tate 3. They were saying that Nunes isn't ready. They were on the Holm bandwagon and now they're off the Holm bandwagon.

Holm is 33. How many more fights do you really expect her to take before taking on Rousey? And given Rousey's rapid improvement, how much better off would she be putting off the fight even longer with no guarantee that Rousey won't be an even tougher fight for her than she is now?

Greg Jackson came out and said that Holm is ready. So unless you think Jackson is blowing smoke, then we have to assume there is a game plan.

As available fights go, this is a pretty good one. It's not a rematch. She's has a legit background as a combat athlete in boxing and kick boxing and she's a multiple time, multiple weight class boxing world title holder.

Do I think that Rousey wins? Yes, but then I don't think anyone is beating Rousey including Cyborg.

I think the fight is way more interesting than Rousey-Tate 3.

oh wow, a trainer getting behind his fighter

and ronda miesha at least when 3 rounds, this probably wont last a minute

Does it really matter who the put in the octagon against Ronda at this point?

OMG just shows how thin Rousey's division is. Holm couldn't even knock out her last 2 pathetic opponents and now they feed her to Rousey. When will you people realize the only competition for Rousey is only 1 weight class up?:rolleyes:

haha. Rousey and the UFC are such jokes. UFC has become far worse than boxing ever was.

Holm may be no knockout machine, but she's still a good technical striker with good footwork, especially in comparison of her division.

If she can evade the clinch by circling well, she could punish Ronda every time she bullrushes in to get it.

That's actually the best gameplan to beat Ronda and, as crazy as it sounds, it looks that nobody figured it out so far in Ronda's opponents' camps. I'm pretty sure Greg Jackson and Winkeljohn did.

Hush, Hush ! will be the sound of the downfall of Rousey. She will obviously be a big favorite so I'm expecting interesting odds for this one.

Probably will bet on Holm.

i wonder what kind of epic hissy fit meisha is throwing right now, lmao. would not want to be there

This is terrible. Holm is not ready. I'm starting to buy into the coddling narrative...

Holm is 33 already. How many more fights do you want Holm to fight before trying Rousey? 2? 3? Do you really want to see a 34 or 35 year old Holm fighting a 29 or 30 year old Rousey? How is that any more competitive?

She's not going to improve athletically. And even another year or two of grappling in the gym isn't going to stop Rousey's Olympic caliber judo.

Or perhaps you'd rather see Rousey take on Nunes? Nunes is 27 and can legitimately improve athletically and skill wise over the next year or two. Nunes has a brown belt in Judo and a black belt in BJJ so she's not nearly as far behind in grappling as Holm. Between the two, she has a legitimate shot of making the grappling and ground game competitive if you give her more time to develop.

Or maybe you'd prefer another rematch like Tate 3? Zingano 2? Davis 2? Kaufman 2? McMann 2?

I think the Holm fight makes a lot of sense. This is probably as good as Holm is going to get and the best time for Holm to take this fight.

Funny how it's the same people that whine about Faber and Edgar getting constant title shots, that whine about Tate not getting a third shot at Rousey.

#Doublestandardsmuch?

the UFC is a joke. Its WWE style sports entertainment where they pick the champions then carefully choose who they fight and make sure they are favorable matchups every time.

And Rousey is the biggest coward in the UFC.

One or two more fights for Holm would have been ideal but I get it, she is 33 and not getting any younger and this fight is very easy to market compared to Nunes. Maybe they makes Nunes vs Tate on this same card so we can see who gets the next shot.

Hate that idea. I'd like to see first Holm, then Tate, then Nunes, Cat one more time, then Cyborg -> retire

Agree

Holms greatest strength is fight IQ. Also her range. That being said, her striking power is limited (and of now she is still working on opening up). Once Rousey grabs her, its done

Her TD defense looked quite well in her fight vs Pennington. Maybe it will be interesting.

Still, I don't understand why Tate is out all of a sudden.

Holm's rushed. But it's somebody fresh who Ronda hasn't beaten yet, so I'm OK.

I thought Holm would be next, after Miesha, and after a top 10 win (Jessica Eye? Alexis Davis?).

I feel stylistically and size-wise, and with Greg Jackson's coaching and gameplanning, she could seriously be Ronda's toughest test. Would still like her to have had another quality win before getting the shot, though. If she can be super-patient and listen to Jackson, Holm can maybe, maybe, decision Ronda. Don't go in with the mindset that you have to be really aggressive and "beat" her, like everyone seems to. Just be calm and know that you have five rounds to earn the win, and Holm maybe, maybe, could dethrone Ronda.

That being said, as a Ronda fan, it'd be fun as ever to see her steamroll through another challenger in less than a minute.

Ronda Rousey via armbar.

I thought Holm would be next, after Miesha, and after a top 10 win (Jessica Eye? Alexis Davis?).

I feel stylistically and size-wise, and with Greg Jackson's coaching and gameplanning, she could seriously be Ronda's toughest test. Would still like her to have had another quality win before getting the shot, though. If she can be super-patient and listen to Jackson, Holm can maybe, maybe, decision Ronda. Don't go in with the mindset that you have to be really aggressive and "beat" her, like everyone seems to. Just be calm and know that you have five rounds to earn the win, and Holm maybe, maybe, could dethrone Ronda.

That being said, as a Ronda fan, it'd be fun as ever to see her steamroll through another challenger in less than a minute.

Greg Jackson is a wizard, but he can't enter the cage.

We get to see this again...

167nthx.jpg

Back