Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm UFC 195 (Poll)

This could be fight of the year! I'm beyond pumped for this one. Everyone ready for a barn burner? This will be a war of attrition due to these fighters being so closely matched in skill sets, cardio, and physical gifts.

Agreed.

The UFC has upped their promotional game considerably over the past year or so, particularly for their sport's biggest stars like Ronda Rousey. They don't do it for every event -- they're still running with "Short vs. Tall" to promote Cormier vs. Gustafsson -- but their best efforts are clearly on display here.

With UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm just under two months away, Ellen DeGeneres tweeted to her 46,000,000 followers the first promo for the card.

This video (which you can also see at the top of the page) presents a re-enacted timeline of Rousey dating back to when she was 11 years old. It includes how she first became interested in judo, her mother displaying her own armbar skills, getting in trouble at school after submitting a boy, winning her Olympic bronze medal, seeing the UFC on TV for the first time, and then lastly training for her November 14th showdown with Holly Holm in Melbourne, Australia's Etihad Stadium. Holm then appears opposite Rousey inside the Octagon, with referee Herb Dean (note: pretty sure that's not Herb Dean) signifying the beginning of the contest.

It's only a 1:45 clip, so at some point you definitely need to watch this.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/...le-ronda-rousey-promo-ufc-193-ellen-degeneres

Even her inspirational promos make me gag (reinforcing images of her beating up men her entire life). Holly, no matter what happens in your career from here on out, thank you for snuffing this shit out when you did and you will always be remembered for stopping that snowballing monstrosity of a push. It cannot be said enough.

Holly Holm, the most saintly WMMA fighter in human history :)

Last edited:
What if Holly did win? I voted for her in the polls. It's crazy when you think about it. I bet the media will call it the biggest upset in the history of the sport. With Ronda's popularity and all.
solid prediction.

Wonder what inpredicted

hilarious indeed.
yea hindsight is a wonderful thing, if the poll was still up it would read 90% for rousey, and based on her first two fights in the ufc, holm showed nothing that would suggest she would win.

yea hindsight is a wonderful thing, if the poll was still up it would read 90% for rousey, and based on her first two fights in the ufc, holm showed nothing that would suggest she would win.
Just admit you were wrong and move on noob.

This, I'm sure all those guys made a fortune betting their house on Holm...

Also based on Holm's two fights after Rousey, nothing suggests she would win, ....

Back