Ronda only eats 1 meal a day

I heard that Herschel apparently did stick to his claims of doing situps and push ups. Someone who camped with him when he was with the Cowboys said it was true. For life of me can't remember anymore details.

the exception to the rule shouldn't be the rule

:eek:

I heard that Herschel apparently did stick to his claims of doing situps and push ups. Someone who camped with him when he was with the Cowboys said it was true. For life of me can't remember anymore details.

If you have been doing these things for years, they're not that hard to keep up. Just a matter of neurological efficiency

Has anyone listened to the Joe Rogan Podcast with the guest Dave Asprey?

He says that you can accustom your body to having 1 meal a day or not even eating for 48 hours and not being hungry. The reason we eat 3+ times a day is because we taught our body to eat that much. You can teach your body to do certain things automatically, hunger is one of them.

Dave Asprey.. He's a legit guy with his bulletproof coffee and other stuff. You guys should check it out. I believe Ronda completely.

Im not sure why everyone doesnt believe the claims.

I used to do it before for years. No breakfast, no lunch, only dinner. Yes i was eating snacks (fruit, granola bars, pepper sunflower seeds).

I have also been doing it again for the last week to lose weight and i have been working my ass off and still have plenty of energy.

As you mentioned its a societal "trend" to eat 3 meals a day...instead of eating when you're hungry or just purely limiting your caloric intake. The whole restaurant business thrives on people eating 3 meals a day. Same reason you eat candy on halloween, buy electronics on black friday, buy presents for christmas, etc. We're not doing it because its natural, we're doing it because its what society tells us to do.

As long as you get the necessary caloric intake it doesnt matter if you eat one meal or ten a day.

Was she on 1 meal a day during her judo career too?

ddjfoj.png

I used to do the same diet. It's called The Warrior Diet. It sucked if you smoked in the middle of the day, but it was cool.
http://www.warriordiet.com/

It was weird after the first week when I didnt feel like eating during my eating cycle. I lost my apetite completely. I didnt feel like eating at all. I also lifted before the eating cycle, so probably could be why.

Last edited:
That isn't true at all.

I used to only eat 1 big dinner a day and only drank coffee in the morning for months. It's possible, only draw back is you could have stomach problems.

I only eat maybe a meal a day without snacking. At least a few times a month I don't even eat for well over 24 hours. I'm not even skinny, actually a little on the chubby side.

Ronda competed in the 70kg division for the Olympics, that's 154lbs. She now competes in MMA at 135lbs, it's probably fair to assume she walks around 145 then. Eating one meal of day before bed actually gives the body 8 hours to digest food preparing for the next training day. She may also snack during the day and almost certainly takes additional supplements (does she have a supplement endorsement deal with a specific company?). I think it's important to remember that Ronda is a big girl going smaller, not a small girl trying to pack on muscle.

I'm not digging up the source but in an interview she has mentioned her nutritionist is Chad Waterbury and has also worked with Dr. John Berardi I believe. Both of these gentlemen have been in the S&C game for a very, long time. They also don't believe in one philosophy above all others, they use scientifically-backed research to come to conclusions for each individual client. She isn't just out there on 'a diet', she is on a regime. Eating one meal a day has positive insulin control effects and also helps the body by releasing growth hormones.

I'm going to finish up with a link from Waterbury if anyone wants to read more (and the comments also are gold), http://chadwaterbury.com/get-ready-for-a-new-diet-revolution/

I just think everyone here is looking at her like she is a nut, but she is working with one of the absolute best in the industry, it's not as wacko as you might think.

2 gallons of water a day, keep the doctors away.
ronda-rousey-08.jpg

Intermittant fasting is the latest fad among strength athletes.

Meal times and frequency is largely irrelevant though, it's the bigger picture that matters. You can eat a huge meal once a day if it works for you or eat smaller meals 6-7 times a day if that works for you. Doesn't matter. The body can adjust to any schedule within a couple of weeks.

I have relatives that went to UGA. This is only third hand knowledge.. but they told me this same thing. No weight lifting, just sit ups and push ups.

I put in an average of 1 to 3 hours of studying for my midterms or finals. Overstudying is bad. The secret is in UNDERSTANDING... what the fuck is going on.

4.0GPA in Education/History 2 majors

What, you couldn't squeeze a psychology major in there as well?? I don't have a problem with you being a history teacher, but GTFO bragging up your gpa with those as your majors.

Intermittant fasting is the latest fad among strength athletes.

Meal times and frequency is largely irrelevant though, it's the bigger picture that matters. You can eat a huge meal once a day if it works for you or eat smaller meals 6-7 times a day if that works for you. Doesn't matter. The body can adjust to any schedule within a couple of weeks.

If you eat one meal a day, the body will accumulate fat in order to store enough surplus in case you skip a meal. Furthermore, you will have slower metabolism due lower number of digestive cycles.

Ever wondered why athletes drink protein shakes? To make up for all the burned muscle and give body proteins to repair muscles. So you train like a work horse and eat once a day? She would either look like shit, feel like shit or what is most likely both. So, stop this nonsense about eating once a day.

Back