Ronda only eats 1 meal a day

one meal plus protein shakes. they know better than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDbFMcSCpsk

Around 11:28.

This guy also only eats 1 meal a day, and he doesn't eat meat.

herschel-walker-mma.jpg

Walker's traps are insane. He looks like he came out of a comic book.

Does nobody in here seriously not know about intermittent fasting?
And also, Herschel is JUICED up as FUCK you're delusional if you deny it.

yeah, undeniably so.

Has anyone listened to the Joe Rogan Podcast with the guest Dave Asprey?

He says that you can accustom your body to having 1 meal a day or not even eating for 48 hours and not being hungry. The reason we eat 3+ times a day is because we taught our body to eat that much. You can teach your body to do certain things automatically, hunger is one of them.

Dave Asprey.. He's a legit guy with his bulletproof coffee and other stuff. You guys should check it out. I believe Ronda completely.

Has anyone listened to the Joe Rogan Podcast with the guest Dave Asprey?

He says that you can accustom your body to having 1 meal a day or not even eating for 48 hours and not being hungry. The reason we eat 3+ times a day is because we taught our body to eat that much. You can teach your body to do certain things automatically, hunger is one of them.

Dave Asprey.. He's a legit guy with his bulletproof coffee and other stuff. You guys should check it out. I believe Ronda completely.

that guy is pretty amazing indeed.

lol train 2 time a day for 2 hours and eat only 1 meal a day.Let it be 1000kcal.

good luck...

I know a couple of guys that eat 1 meal a day, one of them consumes no calories otherwise, the other supplements with snacks/fats/shakes depending on training load. Seems to work for them. Both carry far less bodyfat than me, course I'm fatter than roy nelson.

that guy is pretty amazing indeed.

His speeches on diet made a lot of sense when he was on the podcast but when he started talking about bulking up by just standing on a vibrating plate twice a week and talking about curing jet lag by sleeping on a special mat started to discourage me from listening

It's a ton of protein shakes in the diet it's actually quite common

That's a weird, angry, and vaguely sexual way to respond to this information...

Weird and angry? I can see why you read it that way, although I'm not angry about this and don't think it was a weird response. As for "vaguely sexual", that's all you bro.

Ronda competed in the 70kg division for the Olympics, that's 154lbs. She now competes in MMA at 135lbs, it's probably fair to assume she walks around 145 then. Eating one meal of day before bed actually gives the body 8 hours to digest food preparing for the next training day. She may also snack during the day and almost certainly takes additional supplements (does she have a supplement endorsement deal with a specific company?). I think it's important to remember that Ronda is a big girl going smaller, not a small girl trying to pack on muscle.

I'm not digging up the source but in an interview she has mentioned her nutritionist is Chad Waterbury and has also worked with Dr. John Berardi I believe. Both of these gentlemen have been in the S&C game for a very, long time. They also don't believe in one philosophy above all others, they use scientifically-backed research to come to conclusions for each individual client. She isn't just out there on 'a diet', she is on a regime. Eating one meal a day has positive insulin control effects and also helps the body by releasing growth hormones.

I'm going to finish up with a link from Waterbury if anyone wants to read more (and the comments also are gold), http://chadwaterbury.com/get-ready-for-a-new-diet-revolution/

I just think everyone here is looking at her like she is a nut, but she is working with one of the absolute best in the industry, it's not as wacko as you might think.

I put in an average of 1 to 3 hours of studying for my midterms or finals. Overstudying is bad. The secret is in UNDERSTANDING... what the fuck is going on.

4.0GPA in Education/History 2 majors

You shouldn't have to put in more than 3 hours the whole semester to get a 4.0 in those

That's because Herschel is an absolute beast.

Should have seen him trucking defenders when he was tailback for Georgia. '82 Heisman winner, if I'm correct.

Yep. And all he does are pushups and situps.

Poor US Olympians can't even afford Honda Civic LX, much less multiple daily meals. Damn you America!

Its crazy that Walker is like 48 or 49

My dad is 52 & it boggles my mind that a man just 3 years younger than him can look like that.

My dad 6'3" 230 lbs & keeps himself up through the years. He's always been 220 -230 but he doesn't have anywhere near that type of physique.

I put in an average of 1 to 3 hours of studying for my midterms or finals. Overstudying is bad. The secret is in UNDERSTANDING... what the fuck is going on.

4.0GPA in Education/History 2 majors

Try it in a real major, see how that goes

lulz

I knew a guy that survived for a month on a diet of 2 twinkies a day. Of course he was a heroine addict.

so did he change his diet, or die?

Back