Ronda ko proves conor-aldo was not dominant

Tony and Khabib have been the top contenders all year... And Aldo getting a title shot before either of them would be ridiculous and only to sell PPVs, once again

It wouldn't be ridiculous if they aren't gonna play ball. If they ask for too much money and say they are hurt then they take themselves out of it.

It wouldn't be ridiculous if they aren't gonna play ball. If they ask for too much money and say they are hurt then they take themselves out of it.

What's ridiculous is that the Conor and the UFC are trying to make them fight eachother rather than the healthy champion defend the title against either of them

What's ridiculous is that the Conor and the UFC are trying to make them fight eachother rather than the healthy champion defend the title against either of them

Why is it ridiculous?

Conor wants to spend time with his wife while she is pregnant? He made the company a massive amount of money.

The UFC has supported fighters in the past while taking breaks and handling their personal lives.

Why is it ridiculous?

Conor wants to spend time with his wife while she is pregnant? He made the company a massive amount of money.

The UFC has supported fighters in the past while taking breaks and handling their personal lives.

Girlfriend... And who gives a shit if he made the company money. Regardless of how he got the title shot, he's the champion of the LW division and now he's putting another division entirely on hold for his own selfish reasons.

She's pregnant, she hasn't given birth, there is no child yet, so until that happens you do your job and defend your title. When the child is born, take as much time as you want off, but until then you fight. This sounds like another built in excuse for why doesn't defend a title. His GF gets too stressed out when he fights... Guess what, so does every other fighters wife or GF

Girlfriend... And who gives a shit if he made the company money. Regardless of how he got the title shot, he's the champion of the LW division and now he's putting another division entirely on hold for his own selfish reasons.

She's pregnant, she hasn't given birth, there is no child yet, so until that happens you do your job and defend your title. When the child is born, take as much time as you want off, but until then you fight. This sounds like another built in excuse for why doesn't defend a title. His GF gets too stressed out when he fights... Guess what, so does every other fighters wife or GF

His employers give a shit.

I don't see anything wrong with your scenario but you are just a fan and a consumer. Your opinion doesn't matter to them because their company and they can run it however they want to. You getting mad at how they operate it is the most irrational thing as you are not a fighter or related to a fighter. We get cards all year long with a shit load of fights so just look at it glass half full. Plus new contenders will pop up and we'll get even more options for the champions.

Fighters should not be forced into the cage anyway. Conor was very active for us up until now. Hell his retirement lasted only a day before he was right back to work.

It is taken as gospel that conor dominated aldo with his 13 sec ko and thats why Aldo didn't deserve rematch. Well ive always contended that a quick one punch ko like that proves little when the two fighters are top level. Ronda getted truly pummeled and kod against nunes in 48 seconds shows what a definent gap in mma skill looks like.

If he would have done what nunes did(prolonged striking exchanges) against aldo it would show a lot. What he did vs alvarez was more impressive when it comes to showing who is truly better. Imo the fact eddie got to the 2nd not being even close to as good of a striker as aldo shows that the 13 second ko was the best case scenario for conor.

So Conor's win against Aldo doesn't prove he's any good because it was too short. And his win against Alvarez doesn't prove he's any good because it was too long? Wow.

Well they are different divisions now so there is no reason to do the fight. Yea Aldo beat Edgar which is a huge win for sure but he needs to fight Max now as that's the only fight that makes sense.

Conor has his hands full at LW anyway with Khabib/Tony. If Aldo moves up and leaves a FW division that has loads of legit talent coming up then that's cool. He'll probably get his rematch eventually. Maybe.

But right now there is no need to do a rematch.

The rematch is not a "logical" conclusion one can arrive at through arguments. Aldo fans want a rematch. A lot of people believed a long-time champion deserved immediate rematch, which has been granted in other instances. I'm a bit surprised people are not talking of giving Cruz a rematch.

It boils down to pure money. Whatever sells the most will be done. Us arguing will go nowhere. It's money, timing, who's fit when: that's how it's done. IMO, Aldo will never get his rematch. He won't do well against the LWs. But I might be completely wrong, I bet on Ronda last night, haha.

Well according to Mcgregor fans, champions in other weight classes can move up or down as they please and get immediate title shots, so Aldo doesn't have to prove he deserves anything. He's the FW champ and can get an immediate title shot if he wants it

That's how it works now, right?

That's exactly what is happening right now in the Aldo camp. They will also sh*t all over the FW division to get the TS at LW, preferably against Conor. The last news was that Aldo could fight for the interim LW against "someone who declined the fight".

The UFC got a lot worse over the past two years. FW and LW don't feel legitimate, the MW champion is a joke, his first defence was against a guy who is not as good as at least 5 other current MWs. LHW is.....sigh. Anyways, they are making money.

That's exactly what is happening right now in the Aldo camp. They will also sh*t all over the FW division to get the TS at LW, preferably against Conor. The last news was that Aldo could fight for the interim LW against "someone who declined the fight".

The UFC got a lot worse over the past two years. FW and LW don't feel legitimate, the MW champion is a joke, his first defence was against a guy who is not as good as at least 5 other current MWs. LHW is.....sigh. Anyways, they are making money.

Exactly! Because the UFC let Conor very away with everything he has, they have essentially delegitimized every division because now "I'm the champ and I call the shots" is being said by everyone. I mean Cody said that verbatim tonight, and he has 11 total fights and just won the title last night

His employers give a shit.

I don't see anything wrong with your scenario but you are just a fan and a consumer. Your opinion doesn't matter to them because their company and they can run it however they want to. You getting mad at how they operate it is the most irrational thing as you are not a fighter or related to a fighter. We get cards all year long with a shit load of fights so just look at it glass half full. Plus new contenders will pop up and we'll get even more options for the champions.

Fighters should not be forced into the cage anyway. Conor was very active for us up until now. Hell his retirement lasted only a day before he was right back to work.

His retirement was bullshit and was a bargaining tactic that didn't work.

I know I am a fan and a consumer, as a fan and a consumer, I pay for their product. If I don't like their product, I stop paying for their product. If this happens with enough fans and consumers, they could lose sponsorship deals, TV contracts, PPV sales, basically a lot of money. So my/our opinion kinda matters.

And no, fighters should not be forced into a fight, but as a champion of a division, you a expected to fight all comers, and that starts with the #1 person in the line.

So Conor's win against Aldo doesn't prove he's any good because it was too short. And his win against Alvarez doesn't prove he's any good because it was too long? Wow.
Huh? Of course mcgregors good...... beating aldo defines how good more than alvarez. Im calling into question whos greater between mac and aldo becuase aldo is the best striker mcgregirs fought and the fight ended in 13 seconds on the feet. Alvarez is also a good striker but not nearly.

His retirement was bullshit and was a bargaining tactic that didn't work.

I know I am a fan and a consumer, as a fan and a consumer, I pay for their product. If I don't like their product, I stop paying for their product. If this happens with enough fans and consumers, they could lose sponsorship deals, TV contracts, PPV sales, basically a lot of money. So my/our opinion kinda matters.

And no, fighters should not be forced into a fight, but as a champion of a division, you a expected to fight all comers, and that starts with the #1 person in the line.

and he will fight the number one person in line after he gets his much deserved break and no your opinion does not matter to them or their company.

You don't get to walk into McDonald's board room and decide their man hours because you bought a fucking cheeseburger.

Why would Conor need to fight Aldo again after beating him so easily and quickly?

How many times does someone need to get knocked out for it to be sufficient?

That is just stupid talk. Let's see them fight again in a match that could possibly go 5 rounds. In MMA, just about any fighter can get one punch/kick KOed if landed just right.

The rematch is not a "logical" conclusion one can arrive at through arguments. Aldo fans want a rematch. A lot of people believed a long-time champion deserved immediate rematch, which has been granted in other instances. I'm a bit surprised people are not talking of giving Cruz a rematch.

It boils down to pure money. Whatever sells the most will be done. Us arguing will go nowhere. It's money, timing, who's fit when: that's how it's done. IMO, Aldo will never get his rematch. He won't do well against the LWs. But I might be completely wrong, I bet on Ronda last night, haha.

Oh i'm with you. I personally think fighters should earn their shot but i get it. It's a business and they have to capitalize on stars, feuds and the cash drive.

That is just stupid talk. Let's see them fight again in a match that could possibly go 5 rounds. In MMA, just about any fighter can get one punch/kick KOed if landed just right.

It's not stupid talk though.

If Aldo gets a rematch then every fighter who has ever been knocked out should get immediate rematches.

Not against Aldo rematch but this argument is nonsense. If Ronda went out quicker it would be less dominant for Nunes?

and he will fight the number one person in line after he gets his much deserved break and no your opinion does not matter to them or their company.

You don't get to walk into McDonald's board room and decide their man hours because you bought a fucking cheeseburger.

Nate Diaz is not going to be the #1 person

And I don't eat at McDonalds. But if they lose viewers, they lose money, it's that simple. So if a 1.6 mil buy PPV turns into a 1.0 mil PPV which turns into a 800k PPV and so on, then what? Does Conor still call his own shots or do they actually listen to the viewers who actually pay for the product?

cb6fcc5007d06c464f665acea714d91e.gif

Back