Ronda ko proves conor-aldo was not dominant

Nate Diaz is not going to be the #1 person

And I don't eat at McDonalds. But if they lose viewers, they lose money, it's that simple. So if a 1.6 mil buy PPV turns into a 1.0 mil PPV which turns into a 800k PPV and so on, then what? Does Conor still call his own shots or do they actually listen to the viewers who actually pay for the product?

One pissy fan isn't going to affect them. Most fans love what they are getting. We are spoiled big time to be honest.

Look at Rizin. You want that circus shit? I don't.

I want the best in the world in outstanding matchups and we get that every card. I'm very happy as a hardcore fan.

So yea 1 time is good. Then that loser should beat up some contenders.

TJ Dillashaw had to beat Assuncao then Lineker to get a shot and i think is the proper way to do it.
Aldo absolutely deserved a title rematch (not a short notice fight in a different division for no belt) but Conor absconded with the strap and was only caught recently. The belt was rightfully stripped and returned to the Featherweight division.

It is taken as gospel that conor dominated aldo with his 13 sec ko and thats why Aldo didn't deserve rematch. Well ive always contended that a quick one punch ko like that proves little when the two fighters are top level. Ronda getted truly pummeled and kod against nunes in 48 seconds shows what a definent gap in mma skill looks like.

If he would have done what nunes did(prolonged striking exchanges) against aldo it would show a lot. What he did vs alvarez was more impressive when it comes to showing who is truly better. Imo the fact eddie got to the 2nd not being even close to as good of a striker as aldo shows that the 13 second ko was the best case scenario for conor.

Disagree. Prolonging a fight you're dominating only shows lesser skill. Being able to finish the fight quickly shows more skill.

Aldo absolutely deserved a title rematch (not a short notice fight in a different division for no belt) but Conor absconded with the strap and was only caught recently. The belt was rightfully stripped and returned to the Featherweight division.

Aldo should have had to fight people to get the shot in a rematch. The Edgar win was so good that i think that 1 win is acceptable.

Auto rematches are fucking stupid. Especially when the loser gets knocked out.

Not even close to the same situation.
How is it different ? The only difference is you are looking back and seeing Cain win two more times and it's now clear the one punch was not an end of discussion punch.

Disagree. Prolonging a fight you're dominating only shows lesser skill. Being able to finish the fight quickly shows more skill.
Agree to an extant. But not generally before the fighters have felt each other out. Thats what makes their 1st fight not show much to me.

Conor has only had 1 great performance against a great fighter and that was against Alvarez.

One pissy fan isn't going to affect them. Most fans love what they are getting. We are spoiled big time to be honest.

Look at Rizin. You want that circus shit? I don't.

I want the best in the world in outstanding matchups and we get that every card. I'm very happy as a hardcore fan.

I'm not saying just me. If enough people stop ordering the PPVs, then they'll either have to keep going with the same model, or change what they're doing.

That's the thing, Conor isn't going to fight the best in the world. He's going to protect that title for as long as he can. He'll fight Nate Diaz again, He'll lobby for a WW title fight while keeping the LW title, he'll basically do everything he can to not fight Tony or Khabib because they are awful matchups for him.

I'm not saying just me. If enough people stop ordering the PPVs, then they'll either have to keep going with the same model, or change what they're doing.

That's the thing, Conor isn't going to fight the best in the world. He's going to protect that title for as long as he can. He'll fight Nate Diaz again, He'll lobby for a WW title fight while keeping the LW title, he'll basically do everything he can to not fight Tony or Khabib because they are awful matchups for him.

If Dana can serve up Ronda to get destroyed twice why the fuck do you think he'd keep Conor safe?! Getting someone to the title is one thing but you have no choice but to defend it. He has no choice.

There is nowhere for Conor to run to. Once his break is over he has to retire if he is ducking someone which after taking fights with Nate Diaz twice at WW i don't really think he's ducking anyone. Although the Edgar fight not happening bothered me but he kind of showed us w/ Alvarez how that could have gone. There is nothing wrong with the UFC right now besides the judging, early stoppages and fighters trying to call their shots but Dana is gonna reign everyone in so say what you will about him but he's a fight fan and wants the best fights to happen and makes them happen.

Conor is fighting either Khabib, Tony, Aldo, Diaz Bros or Woodley. All incredible fights however you look at it.

Lol da fuq does the Ronda fight have anything to do with Conor?

Conor haters give more spotlight to Conor than his nuthuggers.

Funny how Conor can get brought up no matter the fight or topic.

Aldo should have had to fight people to get the shot in a rematch. The Edgar win was so good that i think that 1 win is acceptable.

Auto rematches are fucking stupid. Especially when the loser gets knocked out.
It's tradition, it should be written into their contracts. DFW has always given his dominant champs instant rematches, why should Aldo be different. Anyway, Conor can't make 145 so the point is moot.

It's tradition, it should be written into their contracts. DFW has always given his dominant champs instant rematches, why should Aldo be different. Anyway, Conor can't make 145 so the point is moot.

That tradition is stupid and should have never happened.

If Dana can serve up Ronda to get destroyed twice why the fuck do you think he'd keep Conor safe?! Getting someone to the title is one thing but you have no choice but to defend it. He has no choice.

There is nowhere for Conor to run to. Once his break is over he has to retire if he is ducking someone which after taking fights with Nate Diaz twice at WW i don't really think he's ducking anyone. Although the Edgar fight not happening bothered me but he kind of showed us w/ Alvarez how that could have gone. There is nothing wrong with the UFC right now besides the judging, early stoppages and fighters trying to call their shots but Dana is gonna reign everyone in so say what you will about him but he's a fight fan and wants the best fights to happen and makes them happen.

Conor is fighting either Khabib, Tony, Aldo, Diaz Bros or Woodley. All incredible fights however you look at it.

The guy is fucked now, that's why he's taking a "break". He wants as many of these guys to lose as possible so he doesn't have to fight them. But he's not going to fight Aldo, Khabib, or Tony. It's going to be Nate or Woodley. Prob Woodley because he can still claim being a champion if he loses.

As for Edgar, the Alvarez fight holds no weight to how a Edgar/Conor fight would have went. Frankie fights nothing like Alvarez. Yes, they are teammates, but that means nothing. Plus the fight would've been at 145

And judging and early stoppages aren't UFC issues, those are the commission issues.

The guy is fucked now, that's why he's taking a "break". He wants as many of these guys to lose as possible so he doesn't have to fight them. But he's not going to fight Aldo, Khabib, or Tony. It's going to be Nate or Woodley. Prob Woodley because he can still claim being a champion if he loses.

As for Edgar, the Alvarez fight holds no weight to how a Edgar/Conor fight would have went. Frankie fights nothing like Alvarez. Yes, they are teammates, but that means nothing. Plus the fight would've been at 145

And judging and early stoppages aren't UFC issues, those are the commission issues.

I never said they were UFC issues. I said they were issues.

Also none of that nonsense you typed changes anything. Conor still has to fight the best when he gets back no matter what. There is no running from that so your whining is pointless and for nothing.

How is it different ? The only difference is you are looking back and seeing Cain win two more times and it's now clear the one punch was not an end of discussion punch.

WRONG.

HW is shallow as fuck and still Cain won a fight to get his rematch.

Any person who isn't a Conor Nuthugger knows Aldo fight is anything but a walk in the park. He has everything in his kit. Fighting him is high risk low reward. That's why Mcgregor refuses to rematch him.
To be fair, Aldo was offered the rematch, when Dos Anjos was injured, and he turned it down. I was disappointed with Aldo for that, because a while before that he stated he was an "anytime anywhere" fighter, and when the opportunity for revenge presented itself, he turned it down.

That is not on Conor.

I never said they were UFC issues. I said they were issues.

Also none of that nonsense you typed changes anything. Conor still has to fight the best when he gets back no matter what. There is no running from that so your whining is pointless and for nothing.

He's not going to fight the best in the LW division. Khabib and Tony are the best, he's not going to fight them.

If Khabib and Tony fight and Khabib wins, I'm willing to bet Conor gets a fight booked during Ramadan

If Tony wins, Conor either fights Nate or takes a fight at WW.

Back