Ronda ko proves conor-aldo was not dominant

Why would Conor need to fight Aldo again after beating him so easily and quickly?

How many times does someone need to get knocked out for it to be sufficient?
Exactly. I wouldn't be opposed to a rematch, but Aldo is acting like it's owed to him. He looked good against Frankie, but he needs to string some big wins together or beat Khabib to make the case for a rematch.

Well they are different divisions now so there is no reason to do the fight. Yea Aldo beat Edgar which is a huge win for sure but he needs to fight Max now as that's the only fight that makes sense.

Conor has his hands full at LW anyway with Khabib/Tony. If Aldo moves up and leaves a FW division that has loads of legit talent coming up then that's cool. He'll probably get his rematch eventually. Maybe.

But right now there is no need to do a rematch.
Aldo is supposedly moving to 155. With the Ferguson/Khabib fight falling through, Aldo should be begging for a fight with Khabib if he really wants to get to Conor. He matches up better with Khabib than Conor does and nobody could deny him a title shot if he somehow won. It already looks like Dana is willing to put Ferguson in a Jacare-like holding pattern if he wants to push for more money.

Why would Conor need to fight Aldo again after beating him so easily and quickly?

See Cain Velasquez vs. JDS.

Fight One: JDS by quick one-punch KO
Fight Two: Cain domination
Fight Three: Cain domination

Did you write Cain off after the first JDS fight, too?

He beat Edgar already. There will be no Aldo-Conor rematch, simply because it won't sell, and it's on Aldo's plate to move up to LW and prove he even deserves it. He will put pressure to go for the LW belt, and the FW/LW divisions will be in a state of non-sportsmanship for a couple of year.

The best thing that could happen to the sport right now is that Aldo, Conor and Diaz all get ACL reconstructions and let the categories re-adjust. Their dramas has lasted far too long.

Well according to Mcgregor fans, champions in other weight classes can move up or down as they please and get immediate title shots, so Aldo doesn't have to prove he deserves anything. He's the FW champ and can get an immediate title shot if he wants it

That's how it works now, right?

Cain shouldn't have gotten that auto rematch. Should have had to earn it.

Even GSP had to get a couple wins before taking his belt back from Serra. The way it should be.

How does that apply to your post? JDS KOd Cain quickly in the first match and proceeded to beat him like a rented mule in 2 and 3. That example completely contradicts what you posted regarding to Aldo and Conor.

Well according to Mcgregor fans, champions in other weight classes can move up or down as they please and get immediate title shots, so Aldo doesn't have to prove he deserves anything. He's the FW champ and can get an immediate title shot if he wants it

That's how it works now, right?

I think a win over a former LW champion speaks big for Aldo if he moves up. I think he probably should get a win first but how can anyone hate on it if they give him a shot vs Conor right away?

But Khabib and Tony should be getting the first crack at Conor.

How does that apply to your post? JDS KOd Cain quickly in the first match and proceeded to beat him like a rented mule in 2 and 3. That example completely contradicts what you posted regarding to Aldo and Conor.

How?

I'm saying Aldo SHOULDNT get auto rematch vs Conor and Cain SHOULDNT have gotten the shot vs JDS right away.

How?

I'm saying Aldo SHOULDNT get auto rematch vs Conor and Cain SHOULDNT have gotten the shot vs JDS right away.

Cain didn't get an auto rematch, he beat the (then) next top contender between JDS rematches in Bigfoot Silva. Aldo has already cleaned out FW, with the lone exception of Holloway.

I think a win over a former LW champion speaks big for Aldo if he moves up. I think he probably should get a win first but how can anyone hate on it if they give him a shot vs Conor right away?

But Khabib and Tony should be getting the first crack at Conor.

People can and should hate on it because he doesn't deserve it, just like Conor didn't deserve it.

And Khabib and Ferguson should've got the first crack at Alvarez

It is taken as gospel that conor dominated aldo with his 13 sec ko and thats why Aldo didn't deserve rematch. Well ive always contended that a quick one punch ko like that proves little when the two fighters are top level. Ronda getted truly pummeled and kod against nunes in 48 seconds shows what a definent gap in mma skill looks like.

If he would have done what nunes did(prolonged striking exchanges) against aldo it would show a lot. What he did vs alvarez was more impressive when it comes to showing who is truly better. Imo the fact eddie got to the 2nd not being even close to as good of a striker as aldo shows that the 13 second ko was the best case scenario for conor.

I agree to some extent I found Conor's win over Alvarez far more impressive than the 13second KO. He schooled & tooled Alvarez in a fight much like Nunes did to Rousey we saw that Amanda's striking game is far and above Ronda's. All I learned from Aldo/McGregor is that Conor can KO you quickly don't know if he still can fight Aldo in a sustained fight.

People can and should hate on it because he doesn't deserve it, just like Conor didn't deserve it.

And Khabib and Ferguson should've got the first crack at Alvarez

Yea but Alvarez is irrelevant now. Can only deal with today and today Khabib and Tony are the top contenders at LW.

If they are gonna be hurt and ask for too much $ then Aldo getting a shot would be fine.

See Cain Velasquez vs. JDS.

Fight One: JDS by quick one-punch KO
Fight Two: Cain domination
Fight Three: Cain domination

Did you write Cain off after the first JDS fight, too?
That punch that landed from Junior was behind the ear. Kind of flukish as to where it landed. And that fight lasted a minute, longer than the Rousey/Nunes fight. Conor countered one of Aldo's favorite combos.

How?

Hes saying the first fight didnt prove much conclusively. Thats the reason for a rematch.

Cain didn't get an auto rematch, he beat the (then) next top contender between JDS rematches in Bigfoot Silva. Aldo has already cleaned out FW, with the lone exception of Holloway.

Ah you're right i was remembering wrong. That beating Bigfoot one time and getting the shot was lame but kind of the sign of the thin class at the time. But yea the Cain example was the wrong one to use with the analogy but my point is that after losing a title those champions should earn it back. I just picked the wrong name out of memory.

I don't know why i thought Cain got the shot right away the first time. Thanks for the correction though.

Yea but Alvarez is irrelevant now. Can only deal with today and today Khabib and Tony are the top contenders at LW.

If they are gonna be hurt and ask for too much $ then Aldo getting a shot would be fine.

Tony and Khabib have been the top contenders all year... And Aldo getting a title shot before either of them would be ridiculous and only to sell PPVs, once again

Everytime Conor wins there is some sort of reason why it is not impressive. He could cure world hunger and haters will say it was just a matter of time and anyone could have done it.

Conor would fight Aldo if he thought it was the fight that made him the most money. All the things Conor says about Aldo are designed to a) trigger Aldo and b) get people talking about a McGregor/Aldo fight.

McGregor always has multiple irons in the fire and that's why his PPVs always do well because he's always fighting someone he has a storyline with.

Hes saying the first fight didnt prove much conclusively. Thats the reason for a rematch.

An auto rematch should definitely not happen after a KO more than anything. Lucky shot or not.

A close decision, sure.

Back