Ronda got $3mil, Nunes $100k. Who really won?

Just kind of thinking out loud here. I wonder if fighters really care if they win or lose? I sure wouldnt if I was getting paid $3 mil and would certainly think that I won versus my opponent only getting $100k for beating me up. Why would Ronda be upset with this outcome? If anything she is probably laughing at Nunes all the way to the bank...

So you think ronda is happier than nunez right now?

The UFC should have protected RRR a few more years before unleashing Nunes on her- Assuming she beat the soccer moms that were fed to Rousey, every fight would be red panty night for everyone. I question the business decision by the UFC to let this cash cow go- Her days of drawing huge ppv, and fans are gone after tonight.

Ronda is also getting PPV points....so she'll be getting a couple million more on top of that 3 million.

3 million is a lot of money but 100K + kicking Rousey's ass on PPV is still pretty sweet.

Well lets see, that three million is gonna be more like 1.5 mil after taxes and giving ed his cut. Add that to her net worth of 7mil and you get about 8.5 mil. Forget about endorsements and movies, those are going bye bye. I don't know how much it will cost her and Travis to pretend to be Hollywood celebrities for the rest of their lives but that 8.5 might not last as long as you would think.

Mike Tyson manages to live that life and I'm not sure that there is evidence of him having a dime in the bank. Famous people just seem to get stuff for free...

Did she get KO of the night?

There's an extra 50K if she did. I would have given it to the guy that KOd Pyle

This loss was a huge financial loss for her. She lost a lot more than Nunes will ever lose.

Just kind of thinking out loud here. I wonder if fighters really care if they win or lose? I sure wouldnt if I was getting paid $3 mil and would certainly think that I won versus my opponent only getting $100k for beating me up. Why would Ronda be upset with this outcome? If anything she is probably laughing at Nunes all the way to the bank...
Nunes did not receive additional brain damage tonight. I can't say the same for Ronda. What do you say to that?

Mike Tyson manages to live that life and I'm not sure that there is evidence of him having a dime in the bank. Famous people just seem to get stuff for free...
Difference is Mike Tyson might actually kill you if he wants a meal or a bird or something. Ronda gets knocked out by a fly swatter.

Difference is Mike Tyson might actually kill you if he wants a meal or a bird or something. Ronda gets knocked out by a fly swatter.

I mean.. you say that... but she could probably mess either of us up pretty fierce as well.

Nunes comes from rough childhood in Brazil. Living in South America I know how hard shit can get in some parts over here. To a girl like her, earning PPV points even once is forever life changing. She'll make that money LAST, make no mistake about it.

Do you seriously believe a girl that comes from a poor part of Brazil is going to buy a Lambo, fur coats, etc? She'll be more than fine.

Back