Ronda got $3mil, Nunes $100k. Who really won?

Nunes won. Ronda herself said the money doesn't matter. Her last loss seemed to be the worst moment of her life, and this is equally as bad.

Just kind of thinking out loud here. I wonder if fighters really care if they win or lose? I sure wouldnt if I was getting paid $3 mil and would certainly think that I won versus my opponent only getting $100k for beating me up. Why would Ronda be upset with this outcome? If anything she is probably laughing at Nunes all the way to the bank...
you really have zero fuckin clue.

Nunes will probably do ok since she's getting some of the PPV revenue but she better save that money. Ronda was the money fight and that ship has sunk. WMMA isn't going to draw very well without Ronda.
why ? they took a semi decent fighter and can crushers,hyped her more than anyone has been hyped before and the masses fell for it,they can do it again

Well lets see, that three million is gonna be more like 1.5 mil after taxes and giving ed his cut. Add that to her net worth of 7mil and you get about 8.5 mil. Forget about endorsements and movies, those are going bye bye. I don't know how much it will cost her and Travis to pretend to be Hollywood celebrities for the rest of their lives but that 8.5 might not last as long as you would think.

If she cant live out her life on 8.5 million then shes literally retarded. She could just buy a bunch of apartments and become a landlord

What good is $3 million if you are suicidal?

Nunes comes from rough childhood in Brazil. Living in South America I know how hard shit can get in some parts over here. To a girl like her, earning PPV points even once is forever life changing. She'll make that money LAST, make no mistake about it.

Do you seriously believe a girl that comes from a poor part of Brazil is going to buy a Lambo, fur coats, etc? She'll be more than fine.

This.

And I don't wanna be all deep and shit, but it's obvious Amanda is a far more emotionally stable person, in a happy relationship - her life is going great.

No doubt she is much better at being 'happy' than Ronda.

Nunes will probably do ok since she's getting some of the PPV revenue but she better save that money. Ronda was the money fight and that ship has sunk. WMMA isn't going to draw very well without Ronda.

The ship sunk because Nunes destroyed the money fight in under a minute. New money fights will happen. WMMA has only been on TV and PPV less than 10 years. Give it time.

Nunes will be fine, she got dat Reebok money.

People put plenty of emotional worth into things that have nothing to do with money. Hard for many of you wage slaves to understand, I know, but that's how it is. Ronda was a multi-millionaire when she lost the first time, and look at how that affected her.

When you've already got over 20 million in the bank, an extra few million isn't gonna change your life at all. Ronda herself said she was more focused on winning her belt back than getting paid or selling the PPV.

Its gotta hurt a LOOOT especially because she truly bought into her hype and was on her way to being bigger than any athlete at this moment except arguably Lebron James.

Whoa, slow your roll homey. Bigger than Lebron James? Outside of mma message boards she is a D lister.

If she continues to lose, those $3 million will become $2, $1, $500k etcetera. No matter the outcome of this specific fight, Ronda did very well financially. If she wants to continue as a fighter, it was a terrible outcome. Also, her "acting" career is based on her being a "once ever athlete", a champ and an amazing fighter. If she continues to get knocked out, who will want to see her star in action movies? If you think of it in the long run then the outcome was terrible and her future as a fighter and "actress" might be done. She has enough money to retire and live a good life but she's a competitor first and foremost so all the money in the world doesn't sweeten the fact that she got schooled - twice.

What? Rousey losing hurts their bottom line. Tell me how many ppv nuness vs scvhlenko 2 does?
They won't dare to sell that fight as a ppv main event. It will either be a ppv co-main event or fight night main event.

She's going to need that $3 mil because her gravy train just went off the tracks.

Im not saying it to be mean, but her net worth is only about $9 mil before this fight and she will need every dime if she can't fight or act anymore.

The real money lies on movies and advertisement deals, and I'm quite sure Ronda now can only make ads for painkillers...

The old money makes the fighter comment, classic.
Bill Gates p4p #1 fighter.

I can't imagine Nunes didn't get PPV points. I'm sure she made plenty more than 100k. I'm sure she didn't make Ronda's pay, but I bet she did just fine. And the next pay day will be even nicer, maybe the UFC will even put her in the commercials for her fights.
Holy shit. Was that Amanda fighting "Once-in-History" last night?...

Back