Romero lost his way to a title shot, it’s hilarious.

Yoel is the most compelling MW matchup for any fighter. We can't blame him for being thick solid and tight.

Most people thought he won against Whittaker the second time

That was the belt holder.

His fight against Costa could've went either way. Same with his first fight against Whittaker

Realistically, hes just as deserving as anyone in the division when you look at what actually happened In the fights versus just looking at wikipedia

You need to stop being a delusional tool and start living in reality.

I'm fine with it. Yoel hasent really lost a fight in the ufc. His style doesnt favor the judging because he takes too much time off waiting to explode.. but hes not been beaten clearly in any of his losses.

Hes also like 43? Its his last hoorah and hes earned it. Cannoneir can wait and improve, he hasent exactly earned it either. And for what it's worth i thought he won his last two fights. Just look at his opponents afterwards.. they're bloody and battered.

Not the first time guys coming off defeats get a title shot that’s how ufc has been for last many years.

I don't give a shit. IMO some people put too much emphasis on a goofy belt and clearly flawed scoring and ranking systems. One year ago everyone would have signed up for Adesanya vs Romero. I don't think the matchup is any less intriguing today.

I'm generally against this, but the guy is about to turn 43 and very arguably beat Whittaker and Costa. When you consider his age and how close those losses were, I'm okay with it in this instance.

People acting like this is the first time anyone has been given a title shot after losing. Randy got three of them... who the fuck cares?

It is an undeserved title shot. Making weight and winning fights is part of the job and you cannot have a champion that struggles at both. Although it has to be said, Yoel had only lost controversial fights.
On the other hand. Yoel presents a challenge like no other. Rockhold and Whittaker both talked about how hitting him felt like hitting a concrete wall or something. Probs to Adesanya for wanting the fight imo

Adesanya wins by some bullshit decision. Yoel is the people's champ and the UFC knows it.

People who still think decision losses are real losses in 2020, really have no business watching MMA.

Free title shot for Romero and Izzy got that cold, dark fear of of Costa.

He doesnt want that chin cracked again so he would rather take spent 40 year olds punch bags.

You need to stop being a delusional tool and start living in reality.
If only I was smart like you

Bruh you wrong about most of the shit you say

Slow your roll

My post was perfectly reasonable. If you have a counter argument, say it, otherwise shut your mouth

Seriously? You do realize Cheal got a shot at Jones for the LHW title after getting smashed by Anderson at MW and without a UFC LHW in over 7 years prior. Or Conor getting a LW Title shot at LW having never won a fight at LW after winning the FW belt in a JDS/Cain 1 fashion?

Yoel has been a top contender at MW for years, has 6 top 10 and 4 top 5 wins and is coming off of controversial losses to the former champion and a close decision loss to the guy that, had he not gotten injured, would be getting this shot?

On top of all this the Champion himself asked for the fight when Costa got hurt because he see's him as the toughest and most meaningful test he can take in the division under the circumstances...... Gotta be honest here, based on all those facts it seems pretty legit to me...
You are leaving out a lot of details to make your bullshit read better.

Izzy was pushing for it. As far as legacy goes I can see why. We will all watch it in the end it is an interesting matchup

2 losses in a row, regardless of how fanboys see it, still 2 in a row and gifted a title shot.

UFC is ridiculous, “MuscleMagazine.com” fanboys’ fault for wanting Romero to get a title. Hope Izzy finishes Gay Jesus.
Flame away Shertards.

I'd take a fanboy's opinion over a UFC judge any day.

IMO Yoel beat Whittaker and Costa more clearly than he did Jacare (thought he lost that one).

If Romero could stay disciplined he would be the MW champion. But I just think that he doesn't surround his self with the right people that will really push him. That and he is also 41 years old. Many questions will be answered about Adesanya with this matchup. WARRR ROMERRROOO!!!##!!!!!!

Disagree. He came in overweight. Twice. Lost a fair decision to Rob, even if they gave a 10-8 it was at very best a draw and Costa beat him convincingly. He is a monster but hasn't monstered anyone since he came in overweight for Luke. He doesn't deserve shit when Jarod is on a 3 fight win streak.
No, Yoel should have won with two 10-8 rounds as per new scoring criteria based on significant strikes with visible effect on the opponent. At worst it should have been a draw with only round 5 being a 10-8. The problem was with judging. That said, he lost that fight officially and he deservedly lost the fight vs costa.

Jared beating andy, branch and hermannson makes him by far the top contender. Yoel getting a TS is kind of a joke but no worse than when hendo, gus, conor, aldo, frankie or chael got TS’s.

i think Yoel is gonna fall short, gas and get picked apart but he only needs one shot to put izzy down.

Most people thought he won against Whittaker the second time

That was the belt holder.

His fight against Costa could've went either way. Same with his first fight against Whittaker

Realistically, hes just as deserving as anyone in the division when you look at what actually happened In the fights versus just looking at wikipedia
Whittaker clearly won the first matchup imo. Agreed that Whittaker 2 and Costa were very close though.

Disagree. He came in overweight. Twice. Lost a fair decision to Rob, even if they gave a 10-8 it was at very best a draw and Costa beat him convincingly. He is a monster but hasn't monstered anyone since he came in overweight for Luke. He doesn't deserve shit when Jarod is on a 3 fight win streak.
Actually if it was scored right it should have been 48-46 Yoel. He hurt Rob in 3, 4, 5. New scoring criteria scores visible impact over inconsequential volume(round 4).

And as for missing weight, he was cut off 75 minutes prematurely by a commissioner who was only concerned about making it to Rigley field for the first pitch. He made 185 in his last fight.

Not that crazy. The title shot went to Costa first, but he can't take it, so it went to the guy who just had a dead even fight with him and could have easily gotten the decision. Romero's the highest ranked person available.

Back