Romero lost his way to a title shot, it’s hilarious.

2 losses in a row, regardless of how fanboys see it, still 2 in a row and gifted a title shot.

UFC is ridiculous, “MuscleMagazine.com” fanboys’ fault for wanting Romero to get a title. Hope Izzy finishes Gay Jesus.
Flame away Shertards.
Giving a title shot to Romero and Also in the same week lol what a fucking joke

When he misses weight and can’t get the belt with a win it won’t matter...

Even if you somehow give Yoel two 10-8s in the 2nd Rob fight (lol) he still wouldn't be champ since he lost that opportunity by failing to make weight

In no universe is Yoel the uncrowned champ

I'm still down to see Yoel vs Izzy tho
The commission fucked up and didn’t give Yoel his full 2 hours to cut the weight.

that was some shady ass shit.

I’m a hypocrite for wanting this fight because the Aldo title shot to me is total wank

OP is a dumb ass . last fight should have been a win for Yoel and no one would have said a word lol

Costa got hurt and Romero is the next best fighter. Sherdogger's be stoopid.

The commission fucked up and didn’t give Yoel his full 2 hours to cut the weight.

that was some shady ass shit.
iirc the commission has discretion over how much time he's allowed. They may allow him up to 2 hrs but he's not entitled to 2 hrs

"Shady ass shit" is an appropriate way to describe much of Yoel's career inside and outside of the cage tho lol

iirc the commission has discretion over how much time he's allowed. They may allow him up to 2 hrs but he's not entitled to 2 hrs

"Shady ass shit" is an appropriate way to describe much of Yoel's career inside and outside of the cage tho lol
i think the rumor was the chicago commissioner needed to go to a ball game.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/6/...anager-illinois-athletic-commission-fight-sue

'There was a lot of controversy surrounding Yoel Romero’s weight cut for UFC 225, and his management will be looking to assemble a legal team to sue the Illinois athletic commission for what they feel was a breach of conduct at Friday’s weigh-ins.

Romero, a former Olympic silver medalist, initially hit the scales one pound over the designated 185 pound weight limit on Friday but was given an extra two hours to make 185 pounds.

But, according to ‘The Soldier of God’ and his manager, Malki Kawa, Illinois officials cut his weight cut one hour early, resulting in the Cuban weighing in .2 lbs overweight and being fined 20 percent of his purse. Romero was also ineligible to win the middleweight title, even if he were to beat Robert Whittaker at UFC 225.'

Lost 3 close fights. Won rounds in every fight. Was never rocked or finished. Some argued he should've won over Whittaker.

I think this "a loss is a loss" mentality is thrown around too much.
I think losing a title fight is sometimes worth more than a lackluster win over a lower ranked opponent, if the loss was a great performance and the fight was so close that some thought you won.
regardless of how fanboys see it, still 2 in a row and gifted a title shot.
Someone has to fight for the title, even if they're recent record isn't deemed worthy.
If #1 and #2 aren't options then sometimes #3 will get it just by default.

Unless there's a clear-cut better option further down the rankings.

Sure, arguably Cannonier could've earned it with 3 wins. Have just had a hard time thinking of him as a serious title contender before, as that 2 minute KO loss to Reyes is so fresh in my head and I feel like he just started his MW run very recently.

Last edited:
i think the rumor was the chicago commissioner needed to go to a ball game.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/6/...anager-illinois-athletic-commission-fight-sue

'There was a lot of controversy surrounding Yoel Romero’s weight cut for UFC 225, and his management will be looking to assemble a legal team to sue the Illinois athletic commission for what they feel was a breach of conduct at Friday’s weigh-ins.

Romero, a former Olympic silver medalist, initially hit the scales one pound over the designated 185 pound weight limit on Friday but was given an extra two hours to make 185 pounds.

But, according to ‘The Soldier of God’ and his manager, Malki Kawa, Illinois officials cut his weight cut one hour early, resulting in the Cuban weighing in .2 lbs overweight and being fined 20 percent of his purse. Romero was also ineligible to win the middleweight title, even if he were to beat Robert Whittaker at UFC 225.'
Lmao that's actually pretty funny

2 losses in a row, regardless of how fanboys see it, still 2 in a row and gifted a title shot.

UFC is ridiculous, “MuscleMagazine.com” fanboys’ fault for wanting Romero to get a title. Hope Izzy finishes Gay Jesus.
Flame away Shertards.
The best part are the fucking RETARDS on these forums that argue "Romero won despite the decision" and those same people will say "Aldo lost to Moraes and doesn't deserve a title shot. The judges decision matters more than your opinion".

Every single bitch that supports Romero but not Aldo should be fucking banned from these forums, fucking cucks.

Back