1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Romero lost his way to a title shot, it’s hilarious.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Moro, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Moro Brown Belt

2 losses in a row, regardless of how fanboys see it, still 2 in a row and gifted a title shot.

UFC is ridiculous, “MuscleMagazine.com” fanboys’ fault for wanting Romero to get a title. Hope Izzy finishes Gay Jesus.
    Flame away Shertards.

2. TheHolyWarAngel Banned Banned

Goofapotimus just wants that Cuban market
    [​IMG]

3. Mortal Wombat Banned Banned

I do love watching him fight but he is more undeserving than anyone in UFC history.

4. daemusvladornu Purple Belt

While I agree .... It's Yoel dude... He's thrashed many. And honestly I think he's a way worse matchup than Whittaker. I agree someone coming off two loses shouldn't get a title fight... But the fan in me is glad I'm going to get to see the fight anyway.

5. MescalineDreams Banned Banned

Most people thought he won against Whittaker the second time

That was the belt holder.

His fight against Costa could've went either way. Same with his first fight against Whittaker

Realistically, hes just as deserving as anyone in the division when you look at what actually happened In the fights versus just looking at wikipedia

6. Moro Brown Belt

Oh I’ve seen em, just the whole criteria of getting a title shot coming from losses regardless if they’re controversial or not, just makes no sense to me. Belts are borderline meaningless these days.

7. Mortal Wombat Banned Banned

Disagree. He came in overweight. Twice. Lost a fair decision to Rob, even if they gave a 10-8 it was at very best a draw and Costa beat him convincingly. He is a monster but hasn't monstered anyone since he came in overweight for Luke. He doesn't deserve shit when Jarod is on a 3 fight win streak.

8. dildos Titanium Belt

Romero should be 3-1 in his last 4 and the ufc match makers know it.

rightfully deserved title shot imo.

imo uncrowned champ.

9. Bingo Orange Belt

I know he’s lost 3/4 but iv seen so many more undeserving shots. He literally went down to the wire every time arguably won, clearly is a top fighter and it’s not like they chose him, it’s just the way things planned out and timing he managed to get lucky and slot in

10. It's nothing new, Edgar and Holm both received a title shot coming off two loses.

11. GriffinLHWChamp Green Belt

I think he is an excellent fighter with a real chance to win and due to his age may never get another chance. The only other guy floating out there is Costa but he is so young I think it could benefit him to get a few more in before getting his shot.

At the end of the day this isnt boxing and we dont need to follow boxing. This is a big name getting a chance. They are making a fight the fans want. Isreal and Costa are both young it is inevitable they will fight. Its best continue to build hype behind Costa. Right now Romero is the bigger name. It just takes time. Im okay with the plan and no I am no big Romero fan boy.

12. legcramp I am a handsome, white-as-snow boxer.

Can't really do worse than Bobby lol

13. Arrrrgh Black Belt

Except Yoel arguably won both of those fights.
    I think it should go to Jared with Costa out but we all know Yoel could easily be holding that belt right now with different judges.

14. ArkhamAsylum Red Belt

Fuck this noise, what in the actual fuck. 2 losses in a row get you a title shot/???

WHat a fucking joke

15. Guan Di Orange Belt

So... wait. Because there were close decisions, we should consider it a win but we should also count where he did win as legit though he should have seen it stop on the stool? Shouldn't one count this as a loss? It could have been easily stopped by many other refs as it is the definition of dq on the stool or even a tko as he was unable to answer the bell with his trainer and all still in the ring along with the stool.

16. dildos Titanium Belt

Not close decisions, he was clearly robbed. You are blind if you can’t see that.

Also he didn’t fight Kennedy in his last 4 did he? And ref fucked not telling the corner men to get that shit out. Didn’t matter he punished Kennedy with his fists for cheating the round before grabbing his gloves. All was fair.

17. MEAN357 Pernell Whitaker belt

Who else is there now that costas out, cannonier? Hard to market nobody knows who he is yet. FWIW it's not like yoels been blown out of the water, those 2 losses could've gone either way tbh.

I'm more worried about what will happen to the new exciting young champ, we saw what happened last time yoel got his hands on the "next big thing" at MW... win or lose very few have escaped the yoel curse

<6>

18. PrepareForGlory Green Belt

It's the way the cookie crumbled this time, Yoel is the beneficiary.

Izzy has beaten Gastelum and Whitaker. Gastelum has lost again.
    Costa is injured.
    Till was finished twice recently in a lower weight class.
    Nobody knows who Cannonier is.

Look me in the face and tell me you'd rather see Till or Cannonier get the title shot over Yoel? No you wouldn't.

Yoel has paid his dues, he has fought a murderers row of opponents at MW and won most of them.

Let them fight.

[​IMG]

19. dominion Yellow Card Yellow Card

The reason he's getting the fight is because costa is hurt and Izzy called him out. This works for UFC too, as Izzy will put a nail in that coffin, clearing the way for upcoming deserving talent. After this fight Romero legitimately goes down to gatekeeper and that works for UFC

20. masfonos Blue Belt

Cannonier is on a 3 fight streak. The dude is a beast. He should be fighting for the belt.
    cannon.jpg