Romero lost his way to a title shot, it’s hilarious.

at least he will soon be on a 3 fights losing streak, and we won't have to suffer trough all the talks about he's the uncrowned champ, how adesanya ducked him etc

Hermanson was top 5.

In the last 3 years Yoel has beat Rockhold. Cannonier has beat Hermansson, Branch, Cuteleba, and Andersom.
The fact is that a loss is a loss. Doesn't matter if it's super close. Maybe if its a a Champion losing a title fight he could get a rematch but he hasn't earned 100% outright. I don't give a fuck if it's been giving to people in the past coming off a loss that is BS too. The title becomes diluted. Tony has what 13 straight and has no belt and yoel could have 1 win and be champ?! GTFO its like giving the loser of a quarter final a chance at the semi's and they lose that then give them a crack at the grand final when others have won! yoel fans are almost moose fans level of delusional.

I think he lost the Costa fight, but i do think he beat whitaker. either way he's shown to be competitive with the top 3 in the division. The thing is...he stays healthy. He fights every 6-8 months. Its been forever since he's been out for a year. So does Israel.

Bisping - injury. out 13 months between Hendo and GSP fight.

Whittaker - lets not get started, that dude breaks something every fight. Off 11 months after Yoel 1, and 14 months after Yoel 2.

Costa - Got some tendinitis and wants to sit out for a year or something.

Hermanson was top 5.

In the last 3 years Yoel has beat Rockhold. Cannonier has beat Hermansson, Branch, Cuteleba, and Andersom.
Was he really? That seems pretty unlikely..

Yeah, beat Rockhold and had 2 fights that could have gone either way against the Champion at the time before losing a close decision to the guy he's replacing in this fight. So 4 fights in the top 5 none of which he lost in a fashion that would make it appear he was out of his league.

Still gotta say that's more impressive than beating the ghost of Anderson, a never was in Branch and a potential top 5 in Hermannson after the shocking Jacre win. Though with no other big wins before that I doubt Jacre got him into the top 5, I assume it would have definitely got him into the top 10 though so my previous post stands corrected.

Romero didn't fight for the title because his weight was not good. :D I mean, he failed the scale so many times, he could have been the champ by now.

Izzy called for it, Romero resume with very close decisions against top competition got him a lucky break. He is old and no one else clearly ahead of him. Cannonier close option but he had a fight in the works and Til willing to step in. Good opportunity for Cannonier to step in. Costa unfortunately got injured.

So people are gonna whine about amazing fights now?

{<doc}

What do I have to do too get it through your head that I'm not your friend fella?
You dont have a choice
DeadAnotherAgouti-size_restricted.gif

Disagree. He came in overweight. Twice. Lost a fair decision to Rob, even if they gave a 10-8 it was at very best a draw and Costa beat him convincingly. He is a monster but hasn't monstered anyone since he came in overweight for Luke. He doesn't deserve shit when Jarod is on a 3 fight win streak.
The Romero Whittaker rematch was not a fair decision. It was a very very bad decision with no intelligent way to give Whittaker that fight. It's the worst decision in UFC title fight history. I scored it a draw but if I had to submit a score card that wasn't a draw it couldn't be with Whittaker winning

Disagree. He came in overweight. Twice. Lost a fair decision to Rob, even if they gave a 10-8 it was at very best a draw and Costa beat him convincingly. He is a monster but hasn't monstered anyone since he came in overweight for Luke. He doesn't deserve shit when Jarod is on a 3 fight win streak.
Sorry but Costa did NOT beat him convincingly. I thought Yoel won that fight, and even if he didn't, it was a razor close fight.

Izzy has beaten Gastelum and Whitaker. Gastelum has lost again.
Costa is injured.
Till was finished twice recently in a lower weight class.
Nobody knows who Cannonier is.
I agree with everything except that last one.

If "fans know him" is a cryterium for title shots then Conor gets a TS every fight in different divisions, Lyoto Machida is still UD-ing bums on the undercard and Leon Edwards is cut. :p

"Nobody knows" is a silly argument. Nobody knew Usman. He won the belt and now everyone knows. Give the low keys guys a chance, dog.

Maybe you should actually watch the fights instead of making threads about what you saw on Wikipedia. Both of those losses were razor thin. Many people had Yoel beating Whittaker. The Costa fight ended with Yoel gaining momentum and it's likely he would have won if it was a 5 rounder.

The fact that the UFC is letting Yoel fight for the title shows that they care more about letting the best fight the best than stupid rankings or win streaks. They could easily find a journeyman with a 3 fight win streak over cans but instead the got the absolute killer that is Romero.

I still luh you op

I don't have a problem with it. He won those fights. The UFC hasn't punished a fighter for losing a fight whenthe general perception is he/she was robbed. Same thing with Jose Aldo's last fight.

On to this fight.

Love them both. I wanna see Yoel win the big one before he retires. Father time catches us all so one day he won't look like the beast we know and love. Dude been through it had his name falsely tarnished with the whole usada failure but the media doesn't seem to report it legit was tainted supplements usada bought some off the store shelves and tested it along with yoels supply and they all had the same shit in it.
Cleared his name but the perception is he cheats. He could idk I'm not in his camp but I'll say to this day he's one of the most tested in the UFC and he's passed Everytime. I'll make the educated guess to say he's clean which means again father time catches us all. So for that yoel.

giphy.gif

This shit is nuts for his age lmao I feel stiff just watching that

Back