Roman Gonzalez vs Juan Estrada March 13th DAZN

I actually have been thinking about this fight some more since it's announcement, cant shake feeling the upset it gonna happen. I'm an Estrada fan too, but idk, I just got a feeling

I just hope if Choco loses it's a corner stoppage or decision and not a brutal KO. I've had my fill of brutal KOs for the moment.

With that said... LET'S GO CHOCO!

Considering the Cuadras rematch there may be a chance Estrada is a little shopworn. That could play for Chocolatito. I still don't think it will be enough to overcome the age and size factors, but reminding it is heartwarming.

Considering the Cuadras rematch there may be a chance Estrada is a little shopworn. That could play for Chocolatito. I still don't think it will be enough to overcome the age and size factors, but reminding it is heartwarming.
yeah, that's my hope as well.

it's quite likely roman gets dismantled, though... and that will break my heart, again.

i'll be praying to the old gods and the new for a gonzalez win.

believe join the resistance
75244115.jpg

IIRC he's a pretty big supporter of the Sandinistas.
Yeah, he has had FSLN flags in his corner and colored mouthguards and worn a hat with pro cop slogan on it during a time when there were a lot of demonstrations going on over police abuse in Nicaragua. He has some kind of relationship with Ortega, though maybe it's just in the way that a lot of strongman type leaders like to pose with fighters and appropriate the masculine aesthetic of professional fighters for their own image/PR

Can’t wait, this could be epic. I think peak vs peak Gonzales winsbut this ain’t that.

I’ll be cheering for Estrada, and considering their career arcs he SHOULD win, but Roman was great, and if he can bring out one more great performance we could see the foty .

Yeah, he has had FSLN flags in his corner and colored mouthguards and worn a hat with pro cop slogan on it during a time when there were a lot of demonstrations going on over police abuse in Nicaragua. He has some kind of relationship with Ortega, though maybe it's just in the way that a lot of strongman type leaders like to pose with fighters and appropriate the masculine aesthetic of professional fighters for their own image/PR
I think it's also possible that he grew up lower income and the Sandinista government, for all of its flaws, did do a lot of good for Nicaragua's poorest populations (for the most part anyhow). IIRC Arguello came out with an FSLN flag in one of his fights (prior to defecting and joining the contras).

I think it's also possible that he grew up lower income and the Sandinista government, for all of its flaws, did do a lot of good for Nicaragua's poorest populations (for the most part anyhow).
Yep, I'm a fan of Chocolatito and with my own politics I tend to view it as more positive than anything

Back