Roman Gonzalez vs Juan Estrada March 13th DAZN

Don't know how I feel about Ford so far. He seems to be struggling with pressure and he really does need to use his jab more. He has more skill and speed for sure, but he got caught too much for my liking against a guy who isn't highly regarded.

1-1 so far in Perez/Ford for me. Perez landed the more telling shots that round. Ford trying to potshot too much and load up, and he is pulling straight back like a lot of amateurs do out of instinct. He will win just based on skill level, but he has a lot of work to do.

I gave Ford that round because I thought he landed the cleaner shots, but Perez is really active and is making a fight out of it.

2-1 Ford, but I could see it 2-1 Perez too.

3-1 Ford, excellent body work. I'm a sucker for guys who work to the body anyway, but I truly do think he hurt Perez pretty badly that round.

4-1 Ford, will probably stop scoring this one round by round because I think the talent level gap is starting to show.

Pretty much abandoned all the work he did the round before. Ford is showing he's not that comfortable fighting inside. He wants the fight at range and almost gives up the fight inside to get back out. He needs to spend some time getting comfortable fighting in. If he can get comfortable there, he'll be able to get himself back to range more reliably and pick up points in the process. He has the tools to do it.

Just read about Hagler now I can't even pay attention to this fight.

I didn’t score of this but it sure looks like Perez is leading

I am never going to fighter bash, but I do get aggravated when people like Raymond Ford are touted as the "best" prospect out there. He struggled on the inside, showed a lack of fight IQ (stayed against the ropes too much, didn't fight behind his jab) and his opponent looked like a move forward brawler who was tough, but clearly a step down talent wise. He has plenty of talent but has a lot of work to do to reach that top prospect status.

Absolutely abysmal scorecards. There's no way that a judge can have that 77-73 Perez. Absolute nonsense. I thought Ford still won it clearly. 4-4 was a stretch to me. Just because a guy is active doesn't mean he is landing.

Really looking forward to this one. I like Ammo stepping up this early in his career, Douglin is a good gatekeeper.

This kids got some skills, good step up opponent too.

He was a lil hot, getting that shot on break like that.

10-9 Williams. Eeked it out in the last minute.

close

Back