Roman Gonzalez vs Juan Estrada March 13th DAZN

Can't see it ending too well for Gonzalez, but it'll be entertaining either way. Despite getting that stoppage against Cuadras, Estrada didn't look as sharp as usual for the first half of that fight. Maybe that gives Gonzalez a small chance.

Can't see it ending too well for Gonzalez, but it'll be entertaining either way. Despite getting that stoppage against Cuadras, Estrada didn't look as sharp as usual for the first half of that fight. Maybe that gives Gonzalez a small chance.

I certainly do hope so.

Great fight. It's hard to think that Roman is still at his best but I'm not going to count him out.

Chocolatito is a straight up dog. I love it. I think he is the loooooong shot here. I wonder how Estrada fights him. Estrada is a small guy moving up. Gonzalez's loss came against a flicking huge SSR.

I gottawatch more, but I don't think it's a one sided beating. Estrada is great but he'll have to body punch him since he isn't a huge puncher in the way to discourage Roman. To do that he will have to be close. Gonzalez is actually fighting a guy his size.

Last edited:
Love both of these guys. Kinda don't want to watch it even tho it should be fun while it lasts. Choco is gonna take a beating, most likely. At least Gallo will probably get his revenge.

Am still on the small chocolate train. He kos estrada late and becomes the dictator emperor god king of Nicaragua imo

Would really like to see Gonzalez win but I don't think he will. Estrada takes a clear decision

i don't want to see chocolatito get hurt, this is going to be a very tough fight for him. he's looked solid in his last few fights, a lot better than i expected him to, but estrada might just be too much.

that said, i felt like estrada didn't look that great in his last fight, or at least not nearly as good as he did when he beat SSR. so maybe gonzalez can do it.

if roman wins this, it has to be one of the best comeback stories in the history of the sport. when SSR knocked him out, he looked completely shot.

Chocolatito is going to get hurt but it’s gonna be FOTY material as long as it lasts. Diaz/Marquez kinda fight.

Still think it isn't a great move for Chocolatito legacywise. Nice paycheck, I guess.
Amongst hardcore fans, I think it's important.
Because from what I have seen so far, people now doubt the fact he can beat Estrada again.
This is a man who wants to challenge himself, a true warrior.

He just beat another undefeated world champion, so he's not completely shot.

Obviously in the future, we will forget this context.
Maybe in your eyes this affects legacy(and same for most people), but in my eyes, this is a dude who wants to fight the best. He's 33 not 40. I will always remmember the context of times and not merely say (aw shucks a loss late in his career, should have fought just bums to keep it clean).

Fuck that, you know what doesn't add shit to legacy? Berto as floyd's retirement fight.

Anyway, I was waiting for this rematch for 15 months, both fighters want it, this is a contest of gentleman.

If Roman wins this, he surpasses his mentor and idol Alexis Arguello in my eyes, but most importantly he makes him proud, as that man did not give up on rematching Pryor either.

Anyway, if santa is still listening, I also want Fury-Joshua next, then Inoue vs Rigo. Onlyway is for santa to upper cut Arum then jump into a flying armbar.

Probably the best, and most significant fight (Legacy wise), that is coming up. Right now, I'm leaning towards Estrada.

I wish this happened earlier. 2 of the best of this era P4P without question but it's shocking to me JFE is only a -150 favorite. He very narrowly almost beat Roman the 1st time and he was much greener back then compared to Roman who was primed. Roman's comeback had been great but I really don't see how he wins now

Sadly this has been an issue with a lot of the top names at 115 tbh. Estrada, Gonzalez, SSR and Cuadras all seem to be on the downslide now and apparently Ioka has been strongly considering retirement since his win over Tanaka. Not necessarily a whole ton of prospects in the 115 waters either.

The nightmare scenario in 2021 for 115 is we see the Bobfather finally have Ancajas successfully unify the belts against the war weary winner of Estrada/Gonzalez (probably Estrada) and then face whoever has the recently vacated WBO title (top two contenders are Tanaka and Yanga Siqqibo atm) and the winner of the Moloney/Franco threematch. With all the titles consolidated Bob will probably have Ancajas keep his belts tight and fight guys like Misha Aloyan or whatever. Yaaaaayyyyyy.

Back