Rogan: Vitor was supposed to be off TRT when NSAC tested him, but he wasn't

can't wait for vitor belfort to ktfo chael sonnen. the thought of chael sonnen fans knowing their idol just got ktfo makes me happy. lol

If he really has a medical condition that requires it his career is over, nor should he be fighting in the first place.

If it turns out he can fight without it and doesn't need to take it then he becomes a liar who was hiding in Brazil so he could take steroids and he should be thrown out of the UFC anyways.

Take your pick.

I'll pick the option where Vitor continues to fight and the UFC sweeps all this under the carpet :)

can't wait for vitor belfort to ktfo chael sonnen. the thought of chael sonnen fans knowing their idol just got ktfo makes me happy. lol

thats nice, but no one will really care. theres not a single Sonnen fan out there that wont still be on his bandwagon full force even if he gets KTFO in the 1st.

Sonnen for life.

Cant feel sorry for Vitor.

1) He did this to himself.

2) He has been ducking the american athletic commissions for some time now.

3) If he would have come forth immediately with his TRT regime and asked to be granted a TUE he might have gotten it. Instead he wanted to hide in Brazil and duck testing.

Cant feel sorry for Vitor.

1) He did this to himself.

2) He has been ducking the american athletic commissions for some time now.

3) If he would have come forth immediately with his TRT regime and asked to be granted a TUE he might have gotten it. Instead he wanted to hide in Brazil and duck testing.

So.... What proof do you have that he was going out of his way to duck US athletic commissions? Because he seemed perfectly willing to fight Weidman in Nevada.

You're absolutely right, I mean is not like he has a family to support and bills to pay, I forgot that fighters who've devoted their entire adult lives to fighting can all of the sudden retire with no repercussions whatsoever.

It's called you're freaking dumb, if this was true there would be no paralimpics.

Yes he might have a plan when he retires, not when he had a health issue that he can continue competing.

If he found out that he has Wolf heart syndrome then yes he has to retire since he could die in the cage.

But lack of Testosterone just makes you absolutely miserable

You should listen to your wife

I think that's the point though.

Vitor was supposed to meet with NSAC and be tested by them at a certain point to discuss whether or not he qualifies for a TUE according to Rogan. Now you'd assume if you're trying to figure out if someone's got low T, and they're on TRT to boost that, you'd want to test them when they're off TRT to see what they naturally are. Thats what the meeting was for, so that Vitor could prepare and stop his TRT to show them his natural levels. But NSAC instead randomly tested Vitor when he was at the MMA Awards and based their decision off of that.

But wouldn't that mean he was taking replacement testosterone? Without an exemption? AKA cheating? I'm assuming of course he didn't already have an exemption. I didn't think he did... could be wrong

If he really has a medical condition that requires it his career is over, nor should he be fighting in the first place.

If it turns out he can fight without it and doesn't need to take it then he becomes a liar who was hiding in Brazil so he could take steroids and he should be thrown out of the UFC anyways.

Take your pick.

Lol.. these are my only options? How bout... he has low t and does need it to get to normal t levels. He now decides he has to fight cause that's his occupation and passion... so he will try it out withiout trt.

But wouldn't that mean he was taking replacement testosterone? Without an exemption? AKA cheating? I'm assuming of course he didn't already have an exemption. I didn't think he did... could be wrong

Is it illegal to be on trt when it is percsribed by a doc?

do you have insight here?

how would a testicular injury affect testosterone. say trauma or cancer cause a person to lose one, is their T suddenly low?

in general the one testicle can typically produce enough testosterone, but that's just in general so it's not always the case. Some men are placed on hormone replacement therapy if the remaining testicle can not produce enough testosterone.

Vitor's condition is he can't let go. He's old and he has to use TRT. He's been caught before. I don't know why Joe Rogan is siding with him.

Is it illegal to be on trt when it is percsribed by a doc?

It's completely legal but it is against their rules to be on it without an exemption while training or fighting. The whole thing seems weird because he wasn't even licensed yet so I don't know how they had the right to test him for a drug that was prescribed by a doctor.

There was no question that Vitor was on TRT as far as I know so testing him seemed illogical. unless he had his levels too high for a normal TRT patient it shouldn't have been considered to be a failed test if you ask me. Now if he were cheating the levels and they caught him then that is a different story.

He already had a TUE from the Brazillian Commission, and he had a doctor's prescription for it for everyday life. He just didn't have a TUE from NSAC as he was in the process of applying for one.

Had NSAC waited to the agreed upon date to test Vitor and see what his levels were and whether or not he qualified for a TUE, likely none of this would have ever been an issue but instead they tested him earlier when he was at the MMA Awards. Seeing as they didn't wait until the agreed upon date, which was when Vitor would have had all of his TRT out of his system as he would have needed to to show his natural testosterone levels, when they tested him yes it popped up that he was taking testosterone without a TUE and that yes he was technically cheating. But only because NSAC didn't give Vitor the chance to properly get ready and apply for his TUE.

It just goes to show that NSAC never had any intention whatsoever of giving Vitor a TUE and instead used him to clear their name of the TRT scandal and to get rid of it.

I'm glad the NSAC decided TRT was too sticky of an issue and banned it. Good enough for me, although it was shady if how Joe characterized it was true.

It looks bad for Vitor all around. He's a known steroid cheat. Cheaters have no business looking for a TUE. He's using TRT to band-aid the fact that he has low T due to his past steroid abuse, or he has head trauma causing low T, or a little of both. Either way, a man in his condition needs to find another career. He's not "owed" a living; no one is.

There was a neurologist that Joe spoke to, where the doctor said using TRT to mask an underlying neurological issue is a very bad practice. It only makes him good enough to go back in and receive more brain damage. Vitor should just retire.

Joe is absoutely right. If you're on a medication because you have a legitimate issue that requires a certain treatment, you can't be expected to just come off that treatment for the athletic commission's sake. I don't know how long it takes to come back down to your regular levels after using TRT, but why should someone have to feel like shit because an athletic commission says so?

This is gonna be some bro science here, but surely if your testosterone is normal level while you're on TRT, that kinda proves you needed the TRT to begin with.

He already had a TUE from the Brazillian Commission, and he had a doctor's prescription for it for everyday life. He just didn't have a TUE from NSAC as he was in the process of applying for one.

Had NSAC waited to the agreed upon date to test Vitor and see what his levels were and whether or not he qualified for a TUE, likely none of this would have ever been an issue but instead they tested him earlier when he was at the MMA Awards. Seeing as they didn't wait until the agreed upon date, which was when Vitor would have had all of his TRT out of his system as he would have needed to to show his natural testosterone levels, when they tested him yes it popped up that he was taking testosterone without a TUE and that yes he was technically cheating. But only because NSAC didn't give Vitor the chance to properly get ready and apply for his TUE.

It just goes to show that NSAC never had any intention whatsoever of giving Vitor a TUE and instead used him to clear their name of the TRT scandal and to get rid of it.
Assuming that Vitor's level were not too high that does seem to be the likely explanation of what went on.

Unfortunately, I do. My post history will support this, but it was several years ago that I brought up on this forum that I had ruptured a testicle rolling at Gracie Barra.

It sneakily turned my life upside down as I believe the common result of this is that the other testicle will work "overtime" to compensate for the injured one - but in my case (and as I suspect some others) it did a very poor job and being in my early 20's it affected me greatly as I became uncharacteristically morose, mopey, tired, etc.

I spent several years that way under the advice of my then med-school fiance that there was no way this injury could affect my t-levels - but she was wrong (as was initially my urologist). After some hard years I had my t levels tested and after seeing the results was placed on meds to boost them.

The result is I felt normal again, and by comparison that meant I felt fan-fucking-tastic. However (and this is ONLY MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE) it's mind-numbingly painful to stop my prescription. It feels like someone is piercing my injured boy with a needle. It's debilitating, and that on top of the affect it has on my energy levels, mood, sex drive, etc.

So because of this I think this narrative that people are giving themselves about the "needs it/doesn't need it" dichotomy is BS. In all honesty could I live without it? Yes, but would life really be worth living? Absolutely not - unless of course my livelihood, and that of my family, depended on it, or I had a shot at a world title.

Edit: word change

thanks for this contribution. elucidating. glad things are going better.

what the fuck lol. Chuck has bills to pay too, SO LETS LET THE MAN FIGHT. JUST BLEED!!!!!!

I didn't know Vitor was 44, Christ! did he age that much in just a couple years, yeah he should definitely retire then.

do you have insight here?

how would a testicular injury affect testosterone. say trauma or cancer cause a person to lose one, is their T suddenly low?

Your balls produce testosterone. Guess what losing one causes.

Back